Community Member

Exclamation Whilst testing my Arcane Archer, that is truly playing the character...

Whilst testing my Arcane Archer, that is truly playing the character...in actual content, I came across so many bugs and issues its plain ridiculous. Issues in the order of importance as I see them.

Number 1 issue: The new enhancements do not play nicely with Shiradi so if you want your Fey Favor you will need to choose your heroic enhancements and then reset your epic destiny for it to work. But I did test whether that work around would keep working. And it does, if you log off and back on still works. I did not test, however, if you reset your heroic enhancements if you would then have to reset Shiradi again. My guess would be... probably so.

Number 2 issue: The Elemental toggles for no apparent reason just stop working. That is you toggle them on they seem to work for abit... maybe a minute or two then they just "get removed from your character" at least thats what they say in the combat log. Nowhere in the enhancements themselves do they say that the elemental toggles are a time limited effect, there is no duration text. If a duration is intended its way too short for the spell point cost and AP cost of these effects. But I would hope the removal of the effect is a bug because these are meant to be and called toggles, so like stances they should work till you toggle them off or replace them with a toggle of a similiar effect. I did not test any but the elemental toggles because at this point I was pretty fed up.

Number 3 Issue: I cannot tell if the Arcane Enhancement is working. By this I specifically mean the + to enhancement you are supposed to receive by having the core enhancements in Arcane Archer. Essentially if you have them all you should have +6 that overides the + enhancement on any bow unless the bow has a higher than +6 enhancement. When I equip a basic no + bow from the smithy in the harbor it said both in the weapon details and descriptive text of the bow that the equipped bow was receiving a +8 enhancement. +6 from the Arcane Enhancement from the Arcane Archer cores and +2 from the specific enhancement Runebow. So far so good. Then I equip a +1 longbow with no other enchantments. Now not so good. The weapon details are showing that I have a +3 (+1 from bow itself and +2 from Runebow) on the bow equipped while the descriptive text still says I should be receiving a total +8. I tried and I tried testing to see if I was actually receiving the full +8 but short of redoing all of my enahancements again I just couldn't be sure. It could just be a display bug on the weapon details which at the very least show that Runebow is working properly but I don't really know.

Number 4 Issue: Okay this has nothing to do with enhancements its just an issue that irritates me but this is it... Is the Epic Feat Combat Archery working yet? I mean its been a year or more. Do we have the +1W damage dice working yet? I tried to test for this on Lammania too but also couldn't figure out how to tell if it was working. Its certainly NOT displaying on any equipped bow in the weapon details that the +1W die is in effect.

Community Member

I really think Shiradi works best for a monkcher build because of the superior # of arrows over the 120 second period.

On Monday try this for a level 20 ranger arcane archer in fury of the wild

- Adrenaline (overload)
    - Manyshot
    - Slaying Arrow attack

Win

I couldn't transfer over my best character to test with, but on Lam a brand new toon leveled to 25 using a greensteel bow from the test dojo and no really good gear or past lives got over 20,000 from the first four arrows using this combo.

Things are different, but there are some nice combos to exploit with this new enhancement pass.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I really think Shiradi works best for a monkcher build because of the superior # of arrows over the 120 second period.

On Monday try this for a level 20 ranger arcane archer in fury of the wild

- Adrenaline (overload)
    - Manyshot
    - Slaying Arrow attack

Win

I couldn't transfer over my best character to test with, but on Lam a brand new toon leveled to 25 using a greensteel bow from the test dojo and no really good gear or past lives got over 20,000 from the first four arrows using this combo.

Things are different, but there are some nice combos to exploit with this new enhancement pass.
    Not quite...

The problem with this is the way that they function.

Adrenaline applies to the next attack.

Slayer Arrows now trigger an attack when you hit the button.

So lets say you trigger Manyshot, well now you need to stop attacking wasting valuable seconds of Manyshot, now trigger Adrenaline, still not attacking, now trigger Slayer Arrows and actually attack.

How many seconds of Manyshot do you have left again?

And for that matter, how much DPS did you lose by not attacking?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Not quite...

So lets say you trigger Manyshot, well now you need to stop attacking wasting valuable seconds of Manyshot, now trigger Adrenaline, still not attacking, now trigger Slayer Arrows and actually attack.

Did you read what he said or are you rageing? ... 20k with GS bow... so you reall expect 4 secs of your time to click fury then slayer... then do 20k damage.... im not sure your using your brains on that comment lol

Bonuses that are conditional do not show up on the weapon damage indicator underneath the gear screen. Just as point blank shot doesn't show up (because the condition is you have to be within 30 feet for it to kick in) combat archery also doesn't show up (because it gives another 1[w] to point blank shot, which is conditional.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Bonuses that are conditional do not show up on the weapon damage indicator underneath the gear screen.
    Good catch. But that only makes it more difficult to try to test whether or not its working properly.

*sigh*

Fully unequipped with just a base bow trying to determine what my max damage should be, what the minimum damage should be if everything is working, discounting crits except making a note that Fey Favor wasn't working till I reset my epic destiny, and discounting sneak ttacks which are at least clearly labled in the combat log. Perhaps PBS bonuses should be labled too? That woud definitely help not only in seeing whether or not PBS dmg is applying, whether or not Combat Archery is applying but also whether or not and how much the new enhancements that are supposed to extend PBS range are applying.

Community Member

Adrenaline -> Manyshot -> Slayer Arrows

You don't lose any more time than you normally would, its just like any other Manyshot use, your first attack is Slayer Arrows, then continue your Manyshot cycle as usual. Even if you're not using this as an alpha strike to start a fight, all you're losing is the animation for Adrenaline, since you'd have to wait for the Manyshot animation anyway...and you still get full use of your Manyshot cycle.

I'm also loving Adrenaline + Sniper Shot on my Repeater Arti/Rgr. +3[W], 100% crit x4, x300% damage, x3 shots...you get 6000+ damage each time. And, unlike Adrenaline/Slayer/Multishot, its a lot more sustainable, only the cooldown on Adrenaline+Sniper Shot to slow you down - I can unload all 7 charges within 40 seconds if need be, plus whatever procs I get back from vorpals. You can only get, what, two uses of Adrenaline+Slayer within one Manyshot cycle (2 min) right?

Community Member

Not quite...

Not nearly as much as you gain from using the combination.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

I'd also like to point out that things like adrenaline, action boosts, insult, etc. do not interrupt the ranged attack "chain" in the same way they interrupt melee attacks. IE no sitting around for 1.5 seconds or whatever staring at the sky.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm also loving Adrenaline + Sniper Shot on my Repeater Arti/Rgr. +3[W], 100% crit x4, x300% damage, x3 shots...you get 6000+ damage each time. And, unlike Adrenaline/Slayer/Multishot, its a lot more sustainable, only the cooldown on Adrenaline+Sniper Shot to slow you down - I can unload all 7 charges within 40 seconds if need be, plus whatever procs I get back from vorpals. You can only get, what, two uses of Adrenaline+Slayer within one Manyshot cycle (2 min) right?
    Thank you for sharing this - great idea.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by angelamm View Post
    Perhaps PBS bonuses should be labled too? That woud definitely help not only in seeing whether or not PBS dmg is applying, whether or not Combat Archery is applying but also whether or not and how much the new enhancements that are supposed to extend PBS range are applying.
    If the first damage number has a crosshair icon it is doing PBS damage.

With the new enhancements I tested an Elven DWS/AA and could stand as far away from the kobolds in the test dojo as possible (before falling off the ledge) and still get PBS damage. Suffice to say the extended PBS range is a LOT.

No idea whether Combat Archery is working now though.
    Last edited by Rhaphael; 08-19-2013 at 02:26 AM.