Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Sorry, you had to pay for something, and I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because...?

    Look I get it, way back when Turbine made a promise that VIPs would get everything for their $10 a month. And then the management changed, and then the devs changed, and then the game changed. Multiple times! Did you really expect any different?

    But, on the bright side you only have to pay for expansions. We've had a whopping two(2!!) so far.
    I'm sorry, but I don't feel sorry that you had to pay for these.
    All I'm hearing from so called "VIPs" on the forums is how you have to pay for everything now, and it's soooo horrible.
    Except for you know, U15, and U16, Oh, and there was also U17, even U18(Granted this one was kind of meh, and clearly a money grab for pre-orders).

    Tell me again how horrible it is being a VIP?
    I never asked you or anyone else to "feel sorry" for me or any other VIP. Obviously, by the vehemence towards VIPs presented in your reply, you have something against people who pay a monthly subscription anyway.

    Truth be told, I really couldn't give a **** less how you feel.

    I just want Turbine to stop screwing over the people who do pay a monthly subscription, primarily to avoid paying extra for stuff like new content, and live up to their word.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  2. #22
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    I never asked you or anyone else to "feel sorry" for me or any other VIP. Obviously, by the vehemence towards VIPs presented in your reply, you have something against people who pay a monthly subscription anyway.

    Truth be told, I really couldn't give a **** less how you feel.

    I just want Turbine to stop screwing over the people who do pay a monthly subscription, primarily to avoid paying extra for stuff like new content, and live up to their word.
    Oh yes, I obviously can't stand any VIP, for the simple fact they pay a monthly fee to play a game They, and I love. Yep, can't stand 'em one little bit...Honestly, If this were true I would have no friends in game right now, considering almost everyone I play with is VIP. And I would be a VIP if I had the cash to spare on a monthly bases.

    My only problem(if you can call it that ) Is with half the damn people on these forums who act like it's the end of the world because they had to pay for 2 expansions. And then ignore the rest of the content they got for free.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    its an expansion because its a different story line than Eberron. other than that, its just an update with more quests.
    Wouldn't that distinction make druid's curse & high road packs expansions as well?

    ---

    Srsly though, we're getting about 3 updates worth of stuff with this expansion. Typically an update contains 4 quests, and maaaaaaybe an explorer area if we're lucky.

    11 quests & 2 explorer areas are roughly what we could expect from 3 updates. We're also getting an enhancement overhaul, but that's not a part of expansion. Everyone gets that.

    But let's compare it to last year's expansion.

    Then we got 15 new quests, 5 challenges, 4 explorer areas and epic destinies. Later patches and updates gave us one more challenge and a raid.

    I'd say we got stuff worth about 4-5 updates, which in my opinion is the scale of what an expansion should be like, even if a lot of the stuff in the expansion was buggy when it was realeased (and in some cases, still is). All I'm hoping for is that when I'll buy the conspiracy from store, it'll be cheaper than MotU, since it's smaller in scale.
    Old forum names (that I can't use anymore because of forum changes): Lehmu, Kanttura.
    I play Iioi, Feira, Shrtguy Stabsalot, Hjeelmee Nao, Kesib, Eisiishai, Iioo, Iiio & Havesword Will Travel on Argonnessen.
    I'm also in youtube.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    11 New Quests,
    2 New Wilderness Areas.

    And this is an Expansion?
    We must all gather as one, all the VIP's and all the players and demand more quality!
    One final comment on this subject. With the xpac you get 11 heroic quests and 10 epic quests. I realize 10 of the quests are both heroic and epic so it's not 21 different quests, but they did have to put in extra work to make those work for both heroic and epic. I am happy that they made 10 of the quests heroic and epic.

    Both wildernesses are also heroic and epic.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  5. #25

    Default

    The best part ofcourse of all this is; no one has any clue on the new enhancements pass. There's no information about it except some humongous pdf file I saw. Turbine hasn't even bothered to explain to us the enhancements. And today there are gonna be about 20.000 Lesser TR's.

    You guys do realize 20.000 Lesser TR's can't go very well in one day, especially with people losing all of their Epic Destiny XP and other stuff and not getting helped by Turbine on the forums, numerous cases exists.

    My grandma's advice for today:

    1. Put all your most valuable possesions in the Bank, your scales and any extreme valuables out of your bags and on the last spot of your inventory, or bank slot.
    2. Roll yourself a couple of Haggle bards and sit tight and enjoy the show.
    3. Roll some more haggle bards.
    4. Again sit tight and enjoy the show.

    lols
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    So, what bundle did you buy then?
    I bought the '80 Haggler Human Bard that has a Gazillion shards by being cheap and trading' bundle.

    I don't buy bundles. I buy anything else on the AH.

    G-land baby.
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I have beach front property in Idaho to sell you.
    As an Englishman, I'd like to make an offer on that beach front property. , I can afford it now ive save fifty bucks by not buying the expansion.

  8. #28
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    I just want Turbine to stop screwing over the people who do pay a monthly subscription, primarily to avoid paying extra for stuff like new content, and live up to their word.
    The only possible way to convince Turbine that expansions will not work is by not purchasing the expansion. Trading for the expansion does count as purchasing because someone had to buy those codes. Either put your money where your mouth is or continue to label yourself a sucker and buy/trade for the expansions.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  9. #29
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    I never asked you or anyone else to "feel sorry" for me or any other VIP. Obviously, by the vehemence towards VIPs presented in your reply, you have something against people who pay a monthly subscription anyway.

    Truth be told, I really couldn't give a **** less how you feel.

    I just want Turbine to stop screwing over the people who do pay a monthly subscription, primarily to avoid paying extra for stuff like new content, and live up to their word.
    I'm VIP, and I have absolutely NO issues with paying for the expansion. This expansion may not feel as big as MotU, but that gave us the Realms, and it's going to be hard to top. Right now, this expansion is 4 quests and a raid short. Instead of Epic Destinies, we get Iconic Heroes. The expansion was also cheaper this go around by $10 (not factoring in the legendary upgrade, which was either $10 less of the MotU collectors if you get the standard SC, or $10 more if you get the collectors SC).

    It's the same argument that happened last year. A lot of the VIPs complaining because they feel entitled and they see that wording that Turbine used and they complain feeling they are owed the expansion (which every other game in the history of ever makes you buy anyway) or complaining that it went on sale a few months later (like every game does ever.)

    The funny part is, most of you have either bought the expansion already, or will be buying it soon, because you don't like the fact that don't have something everyone else has.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    Something else which has me worried is how they are going to cram 3 levels worth of content in 11 quests. To me the maths just doesn't add up.
    Then you don't understand the maths. 11 quests of appropriate level should be more than enough to gain 3 levels. If not, then they are doing something wrong. But I can understand confusion, since they've been doing it wrong for years now.

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Then you don't understand the maths. 11 quests of appropriate level should be more than enough to gain 3 levels. If not, then they are doing something wrong. But I can understand confusion, since they've been doing it wrong for years now.
    3 million xp needed for 3 levels roughly divided by 11 is 272,727 so the point is valid, but there are also changes to xp that allow you to repeat the level 22-25 quests without the previous permanent ransack penalties applying. The reason MoTu worked is because of all the existing epics that could be run.

    That is the same with the new xpac, regardless of how much you farmed a quest, you can once again have an opportunity to run it for full xp + 20% daily bonus the first time each day.

  12. #32
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    3 million xp needed for 3 levels roughly divided by 11 is 272,727 so the point is valid, but there are also changes to xp that allow you to repeat the level 22-25 quests without the previous permanent ransack penalties applying. The reason MoTu worked is because of all the existing epics that could be run.

    That is the same with the new xpac, regardless of how much you farmed a quest, you can once again have an opportunity to run it for full xp + 20% daily bonus the first time each day.
    Not to mention the two new wilderness regions that give boatloads of xp. If people would, you know, play those as well.....but most people see it as "not efficient"........
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  13. #33
    Community Member Paryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    One final comment on this subject. With the xpac you get 11 heroic quests and 10 epic quests. I realize 10 of the quests are both heroic and epic so it's not 21 different quests, but they did have to put in extra work to make those work for both heroic and epic. I am happy that they made 10 of the quests heroic and epic.

    Both wildernesses are also heroic and epic.
    IIRC it was posted on the lama forums that High road got heroic versions as well....
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

  14. #34
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Then you don't understand the maths. 11 quests of appropriate level should be more than enough to gain 3 levels. If not, then they are doing something wrong. But I can understand confusion, since they've been doing it wrong for years now.
    Not to mention that you quite simply don't have to gain the three levels on those quests alone. I've been sitting on the top on my artificer for a while, tooling around and just using her for fun, crafting, and MOTU upgrading since she has the favor with pdk to access that. And...I"ve leveled 7 destinies just boffing around in the existing epics and raids. That is 13.3 MILLION xp over what I needed to hit the level 25 I started leveling the destinies at. I have NOT xp farmed rusted blades or impossible demands for any of it. I go from quest to quest, doing circuits of all the epics regardless of how good the gear is or isn't and enjoy myself, and build up quite a token farm so I don't have to figure out how to farm 20 tokens immediately when I have the urge to tr.

    Honestly, I think a lot of players forget there is an entire game when they say things like cram 3 levels into 11 quests. I have no idea if you can gain all the three levels on those 11 quests or not, but I do now that you can on ALL the epic opportunities available to us. Without mind-numbing hours spent repeating rusted blades in one minute runs unless you either like that sort of thing or are in some kind of super hurry.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  15. #35
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Not to mention that you quite simply don't have to gain the three levels on those quests alone. I've been sitting on the top on my artificer for a while, tooling around and just using her for fun, crafting, and MOTU upgrading since she has the favor with pdk to access that. And...I"ve leveled 7 destinies just boffing around in the existing epics and raids. That is 13.3 MILLION xp over what I needed to hit the level 25 I started leveling the destinies at. I have NOT xp farmed rusted blades or impossible demands for any of it. I go from quest to quest, doing circuits of all the epics regardless of how good the gear is or isn't and enjoy myself, and build up quite a token farm so I don't have to figure out how to farm 20 tokens immediately when I have the urge to tr.

    Honestly, I think a lot of players forget there is an entire game when they say things like cram 3 levels into 11 quests. I have no idea if you can gain all the three levels on those 11 quests or not, but I do now that you can on ALL the epic opportunities available to us. Without mind-numbing hours spent repeating rusted blades in one minute runs unless you either like that sort of thing or are in some kind of super hurry.
    The draw to farm rusted blades or impossible demands wasnt due to a hurry or wanting to powergame to the top - it was more due to having to play through destinies that had nothing to do with the specific character build. I always played through chains rather than grind the same quest over and over again, but I can understand that grinding LD on a caster for instance, just to get a fate point, is logically faulty both in lore and in the way people are used to MMOs working. They could have resolved the issue by simply allowing people to grind XP in a generic point pool, and allowing them to allocate the points to whatever destiny they choose, regardless of the one they are in.

    As far as leveling to 28, youre right, people can use all quests to do this. It doesnt have to be the 11 quests from the expansion only.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  16. #36
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Oh yes, I obviously can't stand any VIP
    I now understand why you hate me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload