Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Request for ransack reset timer item

What the title said.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    What the title said.

Thanks!
    I'm sure they're planning it as a way to nickle and dime us. There is no other reason for such a poor system other than to fleece us.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I'm sure they're planning it as a way to nickle and dime us. There is no other reason for such a poor system other than to fleece us.
    I am sure they are already planning this as well as a detect secret door clicky.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Hero

The DDO store wouldn't be complete without a ransack timer bypass. Now for XP and Loot!

The Hatchery

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    The DDO store wouldn't be complete without a ransack timer bypass. Now for XP and Loot!
    I bet its on someone's to do list...
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

its pretty sad, to me, that we make jokes like this because we actually expect things like this to end up in the store. an irritation in the game always brings store items to relieve that pain heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Don't like it, don't buy it.
    I won't but I'm disgusted that a system was designed to make it where some people would want to buy them to remove a new irritation to leveling and playing the game. It's like if car manufacturers started adding a metal bar in the middle of car seats to make you uncomfortable and the only way to remove the bar was to buy it under optional equipment. It's a bad system and a sign of a shady company.

Community Member

I won't but I'm disgusted that a system was designed to make it where some people would want to buy them to remove a new irritation to leveling and playing the game. It's like if car manufacturers started adding a metal bar in the middle of car seats to make you uncomfortable and the only way to remove the bar was to buy it under optional equipment. It's a bad system and a sign of a shady company.
    So you rather people suffer with you by waiting 7 days to reset a chest in the dungeon? I have reached the point of the game where all there is left to do but farm end game items. Take that away, and there is no reason to play the game any more.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

So you rather people suffer with you by waiting 7 days to reset a chest in the dungeon? I have reached the point of the game where all there is left to do but farm end game items. Take that away, and there is no reason to play the game any more.
    Fail

We would rather like everything to stay as it is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Fail

We would rather like everything to stay as it is.
    And your reason for that is because? There is no disadvantages in starting a ransack timer reset item in the cash shop. If you and the group of people you are referring to hate it, then don't use it.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Honestly? Ransack has never bothered me, and running a quest/raid/sands rare farm enough to hit ransack on 1 or two characters is about all I can take. This is part of what made the ED XP grind so bad(Not to mention the MOTU rings, and Drow weapons farming) It's just roflstomping the same thing over and over as fast as possible. And it gets old fast. The Ransack mechanic actually gave me a reason not to just keep farming. It made me run other content, which is what raid timers used to do, as well as epic timers. (Two things that have hurt the game being removed/bypassable.)

What does bother me is having no InGame way of tracking your ransack timers on certain chests and having to keep a spreadsheet on my desktop and do it myself. Honestly I lost count of how many times I ransacked the Matron chest in Rusted blades looking for my ring(I hit ransack at least 26 times. Stopped counting after that) But what annoyed me more than getting ransack was having to run out to the quest just to check if ransack was up yet. This is particularly troublesome when you get ransack on a raid chest, or and end chest in an epic quest. Because you waste at least 20-30 minutes running the quest for literally nothing.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

This is sad. When you have farmed all your items will you still play the game? If the answer is no then there might not be any point in grinding anyway.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    its pretty sad, to me, that we make jokes like this because we actually expect things like this to end up in the store. an irritation in the game always brings store items to relieve that pain heh.
    The new system largely removes the irritation. For the longest time quest experience remained ransacked FOREVER. At no point did they ever put a reset timer in the store to fix permanent ransack. Now that quests will unransack themselves in 18 to 36 hours people are acting like there is this new huge annoyance that was never there before. Maybe the fact that they took away the vast majority of the irritation is why people can see that there is some left that could be bypassed. Before the irritation was so huge (permanent ransack) that people did not even think bypassing it would be an option.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aolas View Post
    This is sad. When you have farmed all your items will you still play the game? If the answer is no then there might not be any point in grinding anyway.
    After i have farmed all my end game items, i will take a break from the game until next generation items are released.

Why isn't there a point in grinding for the items anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    The new system largely removes the irritation. For the longest time quest experience remained ransacked FOREVER. At no point did they ever put a reset timer in the store to fix permanent ransack. Now that quests will unransack themselves in 18 to 36 hours people are acting like there is this new huge annoyance that was never there before. Maybe the fact that they took away the vast majority of the irritation is why people can see that there is some left that could be bypassed. Before the irritation was so huge (permanent ransack) that people did not even think bypassing it would be an option.
    There were two count them two, quests that you had to worry about not ransacking before as you leveled up. Now the xp in quests decreases twice as fast leading you to have to run either two tr's at once and wait for the penalties to wear off or to run quests you hate to level up thru the heroic levels. The irritation level of xp ransack has gone up 1000x fold.

The Hatchery

I won't but I'm disgusted that a system was designed to make it where some people would want to buy them to remove a new irritation to leveling and playing the game.
    We already have XP pots that give a 50% bonus to XP. That alleviates far more grind than any ransack timer bypass ever could.

It's like if car manufacturers started adding a metal bar in the middle of car seats to make you uncomfortable and the only way to remove the bar was to buy it under optional equipment.
    Where do these car analogies even come from? Every single one I've ever read has been stupid as hell.

It's a bad system and a sign of a shady company.
    Ransack has been here since the game was released, and they aren't actually releasing a bypass timer.

And if they were, you don't have to buy it. You'll just have to play the game as you always have (the horror).

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    We already have XP pots that give a 50% bonus to XP. That alleviates far more grind than any ransack timer bypass ever could.
    I occurs to me that the people in this thread are talking and arguing about 2 different types of ransack(Chest ransack and quest ransack).

It's pretty pointless to continue when both sides are arguing against themselves essentially.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I occurs to me that the people in this thread are talking and arguing about 2 different types of ransack(Chest ransack and quest ransack).

It's pretty pointless to continue when both sides are arguing against themselves essentially.
    I know that they were talking about chest ransack.

XP pots let you grind XP so much faster, the time they save is crazy. Chest ransack is an inconvenience at best. At least, when the chest is ransacked, you can stop grinding.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Yeah because it couldn't POSSIBLY be their motivation to not let everyone Farm 20 million ED XP in a weekend, while filling the LFM window with ONLY Impossible demands LFM's, neither of those things could be unhealthy for the game overall. "No other reason" indeed.

Neither could it be that they are tired of people Farming VON3 and neglecting other quests in that level range, or The Sane Asylum, or Running with the Devils umpteen times and one and done everything else in the Vale, or Lords of Dust etc.

Players will often do things that are unhealthy for their own enjoyment of the game, just as Kids will eat cookies to the point of throwing up. Look at the backlash against random affixes on named loot... Players want to know exactly where and exactly what they are getting (so they can obviate any challenge or delays to getting it), despite the fact that it totally removes "suspense" or surprise or novelty, or exploration, or challenge, from the game and contributes to the game devolving down into a mindless "farm" chore. Just like eating cookies until they're sick, they don't know whats good for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast