Thread: Ed xp

Community Member

Default Ed xp

I cannot find dev confirmation about ED XP being wiped, or not wiped, upon TR after next update. Has a dev posted what will happen one way or the other for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Avxseven View Post
    I cannot find dev confirmation about ED XP being wiped, or not wiped, upon TR after next update. Has a dev posted what will happen one way or the other for sure?
    There are no planned changes to Epic Destiny Experience with Update 19 in any way. Reincarnations are not being changed in any major way with Update 19.

We are currently expecting to introduce some changes in Update 20, including forms of Epic True Reincarnation and Iconic Reincarnation of all kinds. The details of these changes are not designed yet.

By next update do you mean U19 (coming on Monday) or U20, when the new tr system might be released?

The last word from ProducerRowan is that they got the message that wiping ED XP might have been ok when the system was introduced over a year ago, but it is not ok now.

They haven't come up with another proposal yet, but Rowan indicated one should be forthcoming a few weeks from now and they would look at feedback for the new proposal before coding anything.

So no final word on the subject, but they are not likely to include any mandatory ED XP wipe in U20.

Community Member

Thanks for quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    There are no planned changes to Epic Destiny Experience with Update 19 in any way. Reincarnations are not being changed in any major way with Update 19.

We are currently expecting to introduce some changes in Update 20, including forms of Epic True Reincarnation and Iconic Reincarnation of all kinds. The details of these changes are not designed yet.
    I notice you said "in any major way" (emphasis mine). In what little ways have you changed reincarnation?

"If it rains, then the grass is wet.

If the grass is wet, does not mean it rained.
    (Someone might have turned on a sprinkler.)"*

*College Linear Algebra Professor, long ago...

Community Member

Boy I hope that means they completely threw out their original design plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Boy I hope that means they completely threw out their original design plan.
    They've said Epic TR is in design phases for Update 20 (Nov-Dec time?). They did say they wont be wiping all ED XP anymore:

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Generally, it's hard to make an unambiguous statement when we haven't decided on the solution. Wiping all ED XP might have made some sense if we made it part of the system a year ago, but you folks have made it quite clear that we're past that point.
    I TR'ed and LR'ed on Lama w/o issue on a few characters. The only real change hitting TR'ing is new enhancements as you relevel and new XP ransack mechanism.... but nothing that affects how the actual TR/LR work right now.

Everyone playing on Lama got the free LR+20 heart that we'll get on live per character... so there was lots of LR testing.
    Last edited by Gratch; 08-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread

You'll forgive me for accusing you of lying about this. But I think you're fudging the truth quite hard here.

You (the devs collectively) assured us enhancements were "ALPHA ONLY AND ALL COULD CHANGE". With minor changes they are rammed down our throats, despite strenuous opposition, and many cleverly thought out and suggested changes.

I expect to see the epic TR system rolled out based on that **** you showed us already, with very minor tweakage.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    You (the devs collectively) assured us enhancements were "ALPHA ONLY AND ALL COULD CHANGE". With minor changes they are rammed down our throats, despite strenuous opposition, and many cleverly thought out and suggested changes.
    Yeah, that "alpha only, please don't be alarmed" comment is now the biggest alarm ringer possible.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Listen to your players... and don't mess with ED XP...
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.