Community Member

Default Suggestions for Direction of End Game...Devs Please Read

I think a lot of people are not liking the direction the game might be heading into (some are actually happy about it). So I thought I would offer some issues and solutions.

1.) End game is too limiting to too few quests.This is true. We have 2 raids that are typically run and currently only 2 adventure packs that are regularly run. Most of e first pack is run only for the raid or for ED XP farming or just getting back to level 25. This is mainly because the loot becomes irrelevant to farm anymore because every time we get a new update most of the loot becomes irrelevant.

I offered a suggestion before to revamp the epic loot system so that all epic quests and loot become relevant again and future prof for that matter. First of all dump the old epic crafting system of scroll, seal and shard + base item. Have the base pic item drop in epic quests and/or have the heroic version be able to be upgraded by a different system. The upgrade system could include special ingredients that only drop from that pack (similar to restored relics from GH). So for example to upgrade a torc, you would need 8 ea of these ingredients plus the base item and 10 tokens of the twelve. or you can get a random drop of the item in the same drop location as the heroic drop, but only on epic. In addition these items could be upgraded to different epic levels using this same crating system with appropriate stats to the level it is upgraded to. I like the breakdown of Lvl 20, Lvl 24 and Lvl 28....and maybe Lvl 30 in the future.

2.) Epic TR and Heroic TR originally proposed was not received well by the masses. I personally know a bunch of people that quit when this was only brought up. Mainly because this gave an impression of the direction the devs were taking the end game. I personally would love to see Epic TR in this game, but lets keep Epic and Heroic separate from one another.

In my opinion Epic TR as it was proposed would be fine, but you should not reset heroic xp to epic tr. You should reincarnate and have enough heroic xp to level to 20 completely. But to make it enticing to reset all EDs and fate points, the Epic PL better be worth it. Additionally, make heroic TR the same as it is now. No heroic past life will be worth resetting all ED XP. You are going to have to have people at lower levels to fill those LFMs after all.

3.) More end game raids. The same idea mentioned in section 1.) can be implemented to raid gear as well. We also need at least 4 end game raids as compared to the 2 we have now. I personally like the FoT style raids versus CitW style. Short and tough is the way to go.

4.) So much more loot now, we need more storage. I hate TR'ing anymore because I am trashing or vending so much gear and items and spending time going back and forth on toons trying to store other items and finding them later. We really need about double the bank space we currently have access to. I think there should be another upgrade for each bank bags and shared bank given from total favor or collectable turn ins, plus access to by 2 more each from the DDO store.

Feel free to offer any other suggestions or feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I think a lot of people are not liking the direction the game might be heading into (some are actually happy about it). So I thought I would offer some issues and solutions.

1.) End game is too limiting to too few quests.This is true. We have 2 raids that are typically run and currently only 2 adventure packs that are regularly run. Most of e first pack is run only for the raid or for ED XP farming or just getting back to level 25. This is mainly because the loot becomes irrelevant to farm anymore because every time we get a new update most of the loot becomes irrelevant.

I offered a suggestion before to revamp the epic loot system so that all epic quests and loot become relevant again and future prof for that matter. First of all dump the old epic crafting system of scroll, seal and shard + base item. Have the base pic item drop in epic quests and/or have the heroic version be able to be upgraded by a different system. The upgrade system could include special ingredients that only drop from that pack (similar to restored relics from GH). So for example to upgrade a torc, you would need 8 ea of these ingredients plus the base item and 10 tokens of the twelve. or you can get a random drop of the item in the same drop location as the heroic drop, but only on epic. In addition these items could be upgraded to different epic levels using this same crating system with appropriate stats to the level it is upgraded to. I like the breakdown of Lvl 20, Lvl 24 and Lvl 28....and maybe Lvl 30 in the future.

2.) Epic TR and Heroic TR originally proposed was not received well by the masses. I personally know a bunch of people that quit when this was only brought up. Mainly because this gave an impression of the direction the devs were taking the end game. I personally would love to see Epic TR in this game, but lets keep Epic and Heroic separate from one another.

In my opinion Epic TR as it was proposed would be fine, but you should not reset heroic xp to epic tr. You should reincarnate and have enough heroic xp to level to 20 completely. But to make it enticing to reset all EDs and fate points, the Epic PL better be worth it. Additionally, make heroic TR the same as it is now. No heroic past life will be worth resetting all ED XP. You are going to have to have people at lower levels to fill those LFMs after all.

3.) More end game raids. The same idea mentioned in section 1.) can be implemented to raid gear as well. We also need at least 4 end game raids as compared to the 2 we have now. I personally like the FoT style raids versus CitW style. Short and tough is the way to go.

4.) So much more loot now, we need more storage. I hate TR'ing anymore because I am trashing or vending so much gear and items and spending time going back and forth on toons trying to store other items and finding them later. We really need about double the bank space we currently have access to. I think there should be another upgrade for each bank bags and shared bank given from total favor or collectable turn ins, plus access to by 2 more each from the DDO store.

Feel free to offer any other suggestions or feedback.
    Feel your pain here and some good ideas but producer rowan said cap is going to 30 sometime in 2014 and will stay there for the extended future. They will be producing at least one raid in early 2014 also. So hopefully they will be adding really great end game content with 30 being cap for a long time.

Community Member

Some ideas for past lives as well (based on a one-time available feat, unlike 3 in heroic TR and neither passive nor active PL feats become available until level 20):

Exalted Angel (passive): Stacking bonus of +15 to positive/negative spellpower (active) SLA heal x3 available per rest

Unyielding Sentinel (passive): Stacking 10 PRR (active) 30 second clickie to increase to 100 PRR usable x3 per rest

Grandmaster of Flowers (passive): +1W damage on unarmed and use of monk unarmed attack speed without monk levels (active) haste boost 30% attack speed for 30 seconds usable x3 per rest

Legendary Dreadnaught (passive): Use any martial or exotic weapons without penalty (active) damage boost 30% for 30 seconds usable x3 per rest

Shadowdancer (passive): +3 bonus to all skills (active): invisible clickie usable x5 per rest

Primal Avatar (passive): Stacking +3% dodge (active): summon a special pet that is immune to all forms of damage to fight with you for 5min usable once per rest

Shirardi Champion (passive): Gives you proficiency with all range weapons and grants you the feat shot on the run (active): Rams Might SLA usable x3 per rest

Fury of the Wild (passive): Stacking 30HPs (active): Sprint Boost 50% movement speed for 20 seconds usable x3 per rest

Fatesinger (passive): Stacking +15 Sonic Spellpower and Sonic Resistance (active): Raise Dead Clicky usable x1 per rest

Magistar (passive): Stacking +15 Force/Untyped Spellpower and +15 spell resistance (active): GH Clicky usable x1 per rest

Draconic Incarnation (passive): Stacking +15 Elemental Spellpower and +15 Fire/Acid/Electric/Cold Resistance (active): +300 to all resistances for 30 seconds usable x3 per rest

Just my thoughts. What do you think?

Community Member

Actually the more I looked at this post after I posted it, the active past life feats might be too cumbersome to hotbar...lets just stick to passive feats.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Some ideas for past lives as well (based on a one-time available feat, unlike 3 in heroic TR and neither passive nor active PL feats become available until level 20):

Exalted Angel (passive): Stacking bonus of +15 to positive/negative spellpower (active) SLA heal x3 available per rest

Unyielding Sentinel (passive): Stacking 10 PRR (active) 30 second clickie to increase to 100 PRR usable x3 per rest

Grandmaster of Flowers (passive): +1W damage on unarmed and use of monk unarmed attack speed without monk levels (active) haste boost 30% attack speed for 30 seconds usable x3 per rest

Legendary Dreadnaught (passive): Use any martial or exotic weapons without penalty (active) damage boost 30% for 30 seconds usable x3 per rest

Shadowdancer (passive): +3 bonus to all skills (active): invisible clickie usable x5 per rest

Primal Avatar (passive): Stacking +3% dodge (active): summon a special pet that is immune to all forms of damage to fight with you for 5min usable once per rest

Shirardi Champion (passive): Gives you proficiency with all range weapons and grants you the feat shot on the run (active): Rams Might SLA usable x3 per rest

Fury of the Wild (passive): Stacking 30HPs (active): Sprint Boost 50% movement speed for 20 seconds usable x3 per rest

Fatesinger (passive): Stacking +15 Sonic Spellpower and Sonic Resistance (active): Raise Dead Clicky usable x1 per rest

Magistar (passive): Stacking +15 Force/Untyped Spellpower and +15 spell resistance (active): GH Clicky usable x1 per rest

Draconic Incarnation (passive): Stacking +15 Elemental Spellpower and +15 Fire/Acid/Electric/Cold Resistance (active): +300 to all resistances for 30 seconds usable x3 per rest

Just my thoughts. What do you think?
    Thats not worth of losing ED XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Keep these points in mind....

1.) My suggestions were to try to make ALL past lives usable by any class/build.
    2.) You only lose ED XP the first time and then you gain the 38 point build and as in my original suggestion you start back at lvl 20. (Which personally I would love to see it a 40pt build). Then when you bond that PL ED, then next time you ETR, you will retain that ED entirely. You also have the ability to utilize a different class/build to gain your next planned ED as in my original post. So if you want to go for fatesinger next, roll up a bard and start at 20. To me this seems less grindy, because the problem is never leveling the main EDs, but the once that our build does not utiiize.
    3.) ETR, just like heroic TR is not for everyone. So it cannot be designed as gamebreaking otherwise you are gimp if you don't. But it should be balanced to be worth it, especially the 1st time you ETR and wipe everything. So again, if the 38pt build was changed to 40pt build, would that be worth it?

Weak Passive and Active needs to be Mass Heal if you're not getting this before Lvl 20!

Passive seems OK
    Active could be OP

Passive = Insanely OP
    Active also most likely OP

Passive = Pointless if not getting before Lvl 20!
    Active = Meh

Passive = Lol
    Active = Can't find enough Invis Pots/Clickies or something?

Passive = Nice
    Active = Not a hope in heck of getting the Devs to allow this!

Passive = OK
    Active = Make it Perma Ram's {Self Only of Course}

Passive = Meh - Make it 50 at least
    Active = Meh - Make it 3 mins per click and maybe

Passive = Lvl 20 minimum remember - Make it +45 Stacking Sonic SplPwr and Non Stacking 40 Sonic Res.
    Active = 3x Per Rest and this is OK

Passive = OK but make that Spell Res 45 {Epic Remember!}
    Active = Just make it Perma GH {Self Only of course}

Passive = OK so long as those Resistances are Stacking
    Active = Insanely OP
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 08-18-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Weak Passive and Active needs to be Mass Heal if you're not getting this before Lvl 20!

Passive seems OK
    Active could be OP

Passive = Insanely OP
    Active also most likely OP

Passive = Pointless if not getting before Lvl 20!
    Active = Meh

Passive = Lol
    Active = Can't find enough Invis Pots/Clickies or something?

Passive = Nice
    Active = Not a hope in heck of getting the Devs to allow this!

Passive = OK
    Active = Make it Perma Ram's {Self Only of Course}

Passive = Meh - Make it 50 at least
    Active = Meh - Make it 3 mins per click and maybe

Passive = Lvl 20 minimum remember - Make it +45 Stacking Sonic SplPwr and Non Stacking 40 Sonic Res.
    Active = 3x Per Rest and this is OK

Passive = OK but make that Spell Res 45 {Epic Remember!}
    Active = Just make it Perma GH {Self Only of course}

Passive = OK so long as those Resistances are Stacking
    Active = Insanely OP
    I actually had some of these numbers higher on the SP and HP, but the more I looked it seemed OP. Points taken, may modify the post back to original after some additional feedback. Also on the actives, I tried to make them worth considering placing on the hotbar, but as in my next post I would suggest just removing them and staying strictly with passives.

Community Member

Some ideas for past lives as well (based on a one-time available feat, unlike 3 in heroic TR and no PL feats become available until level 20):

Exalted Angel (passive): Stacking bonus of +15 to positive/negative spellpower and receive a Mass Heal SLA x5 per rest

Unyielding Sentinel (passive): Stacking 10 PRR and benefit from constant Death Ward

Grandmaster of Flowers (passive): +1W damage on unarmed and use of monk unarmed attack speed without monk levels

Legendary Dreadnaught (passive): Use any martial or exotic melee weapons without penalty and gain Perma Haste

Shadowdancer (passive): +3 bonus to all skills and receive Invisibilty toggle

Primal Avatar (passive): Stacking +3% dodge and gain permanent Rams Might

Shirardi Champion (passive): Gives you proficiency with all range weapons, grants you the feat shot on the run and the feat deflect arrows

Fury of the Wild (passive): Stacking 30HPs and gain stacking 10% movement speed

Fatesinger (passive): Stacking +15 Sonic Spellpower and Sonic Resistance and ability to Resurrect x1 per rest

Magistar (passive): Stacking +15 Force/Untyped Spellpower and stacking +15 spell resistance and permanent GH

Draconic Incarnation (passive): Stacking +15 Elemental Spellpower and +15 stacking Fire/Acid/Electric/Cold Resistance and permanent blur

Taking some of the initial comments and my own thoughts of loading up our already full hotbar, I modify these to include less clickies and some worthwhile (more convenience) while not offering game breaking benefits. Feel free to commentor offer any other suggestions.

Some ideas for past lives as well (based on a one-time available feat, unlike 3 in heroic TR and no PL feats become available until level 20):

Grandmaster of Flowers (passive): +1W damage on unarmed and use of monk unarmed attack speed without monk levels

Legendary Dreadnaught (passive): Use any martial or exotic melee weapons without penalty and gain Perma Haste

Shadowdancer (passive): +3 bonus to all skills and receive Invisibilty toggle

Fury of the Wild (passive): Stacking 30HPs and gain stacking 10% movement speed

Magistar (passive): Stacking +15 Force/Untyped Spellpower and stacking +15 spell resistance and permanent GH
    OK So the one's I've cut out are now fine BUT these few still have issues:

Grandmaster = Still Insanely OP
    You can't have every single Epic character running round with Handwraps!
    Change the +Wpn Dmg to Handwraps, Q-Staves & Kamas
    Lose the Unarmed Attack Speed and pick another benefit.

Dreadnought - Perma Haste is not gonna fly with the Devs
    Like the Exotic Wpn Bonus though.

Shadowdancer - You've barely changed this!
    +3 To Skills = Pointless at Epic Levels - Any you truly need will already be maxed and others will be far too far behind for it to make a difference!
    An Invis Toggle is a Sop to the Zergers amongst us and frankly not worth grinding for!

Fury of the Wild - 30hp isn't going to make much of a difference to most Epic Builds of People who've gone thru at least one Epic TR.
    Stacking Movement Speed is OK

Magister - What are you stacking that Spell Res with exactly?
    Most people don't even bother gearing it as the max we can get is so far behind Mobs CRs at Epic - Drow and Monks may get some use from a Stacking Bonus and Divines can cast it but I'd prefer a meaningful Base Spell Res that allows me to lose the Gear/Spell requirement tbh.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    OK So the one's I've cut out are now fine BUT these few still have issues:

Grandmaster = Still Insanely OP
    You can't have every single Epic character running round with Handwraps!
    Change the +Wpn Dmg to Handwraps, Q-Staves & Kamas
    Lose the Unarmed Attack Speed and pick another benefit.

Dreadnought - Perma Haste is not gonna fly with the Devs
    Like the Exotic Wpn Bonus though.

Shadowdancer - You've barely changed this!
    +3 To Skills = Pointless at Epic Levels - Any you truly need will already be maxed and others will be far too far behind for it to make a difference!
    An Invis Toggle is a Sop to the Zergers amongst us and frankly not worth grinding for!

Fury of the Wild - 30hp isn't going to make much of a difference to most Epic Builds of People who've gone thru at least one Epic TR.
    Stacking Movement Speed is OK

Magister - What are you stacking that Spell Res with exactly?
    Most people don't even bother gearing it as the max we can get is so far behind Mobs CRs at Epic - Drow and Monks may get some use from a Stacking Bonus and Divines can cast it but I'd prefer a meaningful Base Spell Res that allows me to lose the Gear/Spell requirement tbh.
    I do not think that unarmed attack speed is OP. Some may use it, but most wont because handwraps do not work with many EDs. Its just an option for most. Plus as compared to deeper monk splashes or pure monk builds, you are still so far behind on (W) damage because you are not getting the extra die steps to unarmed.

Fighter...agree the devs probably wont allow perma haste considering at least 2 items now and an epic feat have it. Any suggestions?

Rogue...I disagree again. +3 skills can be the difference in bluffing or diploing a maxed skill in EE especially with tomes in the store being available now. Plus +3 UMD seems pretty nice to me. And the invis toggle can be a savings in bank space instead of carrying pots or scrolls. Most people use invis to get to a lot of quests fastly...do not have to be a zerger to benefit.

FotW...I personally think 50 stacking HPs is too much and I agree the 30HPs being too little by itself, but with stacking 10% movement its quite a nice combo imo.

Magistar...+15 stacking spell resitance with the spell, an item or twist from FotW actually can actually make you pretty stout against a lot of spell effects even in EE. With an SR30 item +15 stacking= 45 spell resistance. This puts you higher than monks or drow can currently get since no other forms of SR stack.

Community Member

Or maybe a 50 spell resistance base...might be OP imo, just simply because you should invest some stuff into your defenses to get the benefit imo.