Question I cant give good posts +1 rep. ?lolwhut?

Is this the same for everyone or just me ?

I'm not a fan of the rep system anyway but I just noticed that I almost reported a post when I went to give someone +1 rep.

Owell.
    Real join date: Update 7

I used to hand out good rep quite a bit and the occasional bad rep.

Since the forums changed to this current setup I haven't repped anyone for any reason.

Community Member

i agree. what are the requirements for a forumer to be able to give rep? Do they have to acquire X positive rep first?

I've been in this forums for about 2 years and haven't received a single +1 rep. (That i know of) Maybe I need to post something that will benefit the community but with all that is already here, i'd probably need to post something very revolutionary like a character planner for Ipod with the new enhancement changes.

How many percent of actual forumites have rights to +1 rep or -1 rep?

Community Member

Forum rep was disabled during the forum downgrade a few months back because they couldn't figure out how to turn off neg rep without turning off positive rep.

Not sure if it's working but I right click the rep button to open it to get the option to give forum rep. Same thing for editing ... right click the edit button to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by humbleroller View Post
    Is this the same for everyone or just me ?

I'm not a fan of the rep system anyway but I just noticed that I almost reported a post when I went to give someone +1 rep.

Owell.
    I think the rep button is the little button in the lower left corner underneath the forum name, the one with a star on? I ask because I'm not completely sure myself and I want to make sure we talk about the same thing.
    I can click mine and approve of a message, I think it did the same on the old forum? On the old forums I seem to remember I could disapprove also, but it didn't work unless I had enough reputation. It seems to me this option has been removed in the new forums.

Are you missing the option to approve of a post? Or are you missing the button completely?
    The button has worked for me the times I have used it recently. If the poster I positively repped got the rep, I don't know for obvious reason.

Weren't the report post and reputation button next to each other on the old forums as well? I seem to remember them both sitting at the top of the panel in the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliana View Post
    If the poster I positively repped got the rep, I don't know for obvious reason.
    You can see the rep you've handed out (as well as your "reputation power" by hitting the "Settings" link at the top right of the browser while in forums, in the same group of links where it says Welcome:

Welcome <name> ....... Notifications ...... My Profile ...... Settings

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Forum rep was disabled during the forum downgrade a few months back because they couldn't figure out how to turn off neg rep without turning off positive rep.
    Inaccurate. I have received rep since the change. It seems one needs to open the Rep in a new tab, though.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Inaccurate. I have received rep since the change. It seems one needs to open the Rep in a new tab, though.
    And are all the rep boxes gray? If so, its neutral rep, it means nothing positive or negative.

But if it is green maybe they finally fixed it...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    And are all the rep boxes gray? If so, its neutral rep, it means nothing positive or negative.

But if it is green maybe they finally fixed it...
    Some gray, some green. Count increased +155 since change.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    i was able to find the reputation page whre it says i have 10 reputation points, but do u know how to give rep? there are no options, at least in firefox

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    i was able to find the reputation page whre it says i have 10 reputation points, but do u know how to give rep? there are no options, at least in firefox
    If you can't see the little star icon for adding rep in the bottom left below a poster's name, then yeah, it may be a browser issue.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    I use Firefox and can give reputation. Here's a SS of where it is on my screen. I do not have to right click, but it does pop up a little window by the button, so if you have that ability turned off, it may only work if you right click the button.

Community Member

I'm not getting a Rep button at all. I was getting one several weeks ago, then one day I went to give some rep and the button wasn't there. Haven't seen it since. The Report Post button is still there.

I'm using Firefox, with the NoScript plug-in but with this site enabled. All of that was equally true before the button went away. However, there may have been some updates to Firefox or NoScript that might have impacted this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    I'm not getting a Rep button at all. I was getting one several weeks ago, then one day I went to give some rep and the button wasn't there. Haven't seen it since. The Report Post button is still there.

I'm using Firefox, with the NoScript plug-in but with this site enabled. All of that was equally true before the button went away. However, there may have been some updates to Firefox or NoScript that might have impacted this.
    Logged in with FF, and could see rep button on all posts but my own, which makes sense. Tested with and without Stylebot, too.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    You can see the rep you've handed out (as well as your "reputation power" by hitting the "Settings" link at the top right of the browser while in forums, in the same group of links where it says Welcome:

Welcome <name> ....... Notifications ...... My Profile ...... Settings
    Hah, I think it shows how much I have been looking in my settings recently
    Thanks though, I wasn't aware that we could see both the rep we have given out and received, so I learned something new, which is nice!

I will let my 'obvious' comment stand in my previous post. I hope it can be good for a little chuckle or two *grin*

well I usually use Firefox but i am looking at this on Chrome and there is no rep button where Drwaz99's screen has shown.
    It used to look like that but not any more.

anyways, +1 rep to you all who replied.
    Real join date: Update 7