Community Member

Default Will the Owlbear hireling be available after the pre-order period?

If you get "20% off the legendary upgrade during the pre-order period for Shadowfell conspiracy" does this imply you can still upgrade to legendary without the discount after today?

Very doubtful. When the last x pack was released it also came with a Gold Seal Hireling that was NOT available after the pre-order period.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    Very doubtful. When the last x pack was released it also came with a Gold Seal Hireling that was NOT available after the pre-order period.
    That's pretty much what I thought it's just such a sleazy "it was $50, now it's $40!" marketing strategy that I was HOPING there was some logic behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsjr1 View Post
    If you get "20% off the legendary upgrade during the pre-order period for Shadowfell conspiracy" does this imply you can still upgrade to legendary without the discount after today?
    I had asked this question a few weeks ago, and QuartermasterX sent me this in a tell (and yes, he said I could post in on the forums as well)

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX
    The Legendary Bundle is 20% off until the pre-order ends, so make sure you get it before then.
    He goes on to mention it going full price after this. So, yes, I would assume the legendary deal IS available after the pre-order, as someone from Turbine basically confirmed it already.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

That's great- my character is only level 8 on his current life and I'm not totally sure when/ if I'll get high enough level to Owlbear it up.

Community Member

The owlbear isn't really worth it. Its more or less a fighter with two cleaves and intimidate that is too fat to fit through most doors. With augment summon the level 17 version had around 600 hitpoints and hit for around 60 damage with the occasional ~120 crit, though the attacks seemed to be about half as quick as my druids pet wolf was. I never tried the level 23 one.. but seeing as you can get rogue hires after 20 for plat i can't see the owlbear being worth a party slot, especially with how buggy it is indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    The owlbear isn't really worth it. Its more or less a fighter with two cleaves and intimidate that is too fat to fit through most doors. With augment summon the level 17 version had around 600 hitpoints and hit for around 60 damage with the occasional ~120 crit, though the attacks seemed to be about half as quick as my druids pet wolf was. I never tried the level 23 one.. but seeing as you can get rogue hires after 20 for plat i can't see the owlbear being worth a party slot, especially with how buggy it is indoors.
    It is an owlbear, that alone is enough reason to get it.