Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default +20 Heart of wood LR, says if I pick 3rd class, I will have 4 Classes

I LR'd my H-Elf on the Lamannia server yesterday and attempted a three class Split Initially intended to be (1Brd/1Ftr/1Rgr) and while I attempted to pick Ranger, It threw me the message

"Selecting that class would give you four classes if you continued your advancement. Please select your class manually."

I proceeded to level to be (2Brd/1Ftr) and attempted to level as a Ranger again. It once again threw the same errors.

I tried every other class I could still the same error except for the ones with alignment issues, which threw the alignment error.

Bug reported it at the time, anyone know whats up?

Default Wai

It is a built-in safety mechanism to prevent Self-gimping.

j/k
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lasheye View Post
    I LR'd my H-Elf on the Lamannia server yesterday and attempted a three class Split Initially intended to be (1Brd/1Ftr/1Rgr) and while I attempted to pick Ranger, It threw me the message

"Selecting that class would give you four classes if you continued your advancement. Please select your class manually."

I proceeded to level to be (2Brd/1Ftr) and attempted to level as a Ranger again. It once again threw the same errors.

I tried every other class I could still the same error except for the ones with alignment issues, which threw the alignment error.

You have a lot of reading 2 do: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lass-during-LR
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

:P what better time to gimp oneself, then on other's time :P

I suspect it might have to do with my Dilettante feat being Paladin, thus fulfilling my 3rd class, but I can't try it because of my alignment restriction. I will test this with a new build

EDIT: I now see that it is one of the known issues per what you just linked me too, thanks!

EDIT2: I see now where my error was, those +20 hearts are a bit confusing. You must maintain at least 1 level of your previous build in order for it to work

thanks for the info on that one, this thread can/should be closed.
    Last edited by Lasheye; 08-04-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Yeah the 4th class LR bug has been around for years. They count classes that you would take later on during the LR process if you followed your exact previous path to your present class total. In other words, you can be adding a second class during the LR process, but the game will count it as a fourth if you previously added two additional classes at higher levels. The problem is that the game doesn't currently calculate to see if you have enough class changes on your heart of wood to eliminate one or more of the future classes as your LR continues.

Unless the +20 heart works differently than other lesser hearts, it is going to mean that a TR is necessary for some builds if they plan to do some major class changing. I would actually be curious to know if people are currently able to do things like swap out a 3 class build for a completely different 3 class build on lamannia with the +20. I guess I will have to test it...

It sounds like your problem might be a bit different, since you aren't even able to add a third class to two when only two were chosen previously. The lesser hearts of wood have been needing fixing for a while, especially since they are sold in the store.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 08-04-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Community Member

Yeah I was trying to use the LR +20 to completely change my build so I could play with more build options.

I think that that distinction should be made clear on the heart, its effectively only a +19 heart, because 1 level from the original build must be kept.

Some word from Turbine on this would be nice: Are you giving us +19 hearts and calling them +20 hearts with a bug?

If so, you might consider giving us TWO of these broken hearts, so that we may repair our characters.

Especially since I bought the expansion on the assumption that all characters would receive a working 20 level heart to change classes. Yes, that's right; the only reason I bought the expansion was on their word that we'd be getting +TWENTY hearts, not +19 hearts.

Not cool Turbine. Not cool.

Not sure if will work on you, but i could "bypass" the error.

Had a 16 arti, 2 fighter, 2 monk (build him before jugg fever), so when jugg fever came up, i tried to redo him with a +3 LR and i couldnt do it.

When U19 was up in lama, i used the LR +20 and tried again. My level order was 2 arti, 2 monk, 2 fighter and rest arti. So i started the LR on lama with 2 arti again, 2 monk again, tried 1 ranger level and ERROR, 4th class blah blah. So i did, 2 arti levels again to get rid of the fighter levels, and then i selected the 2 ranger levels without 4th class error.

So I guess that at least a +4 heart is needed for my problem. Not sure of your leveling order, but get rid of the class first, and then select the new one.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    Not sure if will work on you, but i could "bypass" the error.
    There is no error, there is only player confusion.

When the player assumes "I get to rebuild from scratch," BEEEP! ERROR. Because you do not get to rebuild from scratch. You only get to swap existing character levels but you still have to follow the rules.
    You have to look at it from the full characters existence, but you only can change it level by level, one way.

Currently (baring the Epic lvl issue that got fixed) I haven't seen any bugs with the system.

edit: The 20+ heart of wood being really a 19+. Ok, I'd agree with that being a bug also.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post

When the player assumes "I get to rebuild from scratch," BEEEP! ERROR. Because you do not get to rebuild from scratch. You only get to swap existing character levels but you still have to follow the rules.
    You have to look at it from the full characters existence, but you only can change it level by level, one way.

Currently (baring the Epic lvl issue that got fixed) I haven't seen any bugs with the system.

edit: The 20+ heart of wood being really a 19+. Ok, I'd agree with that being a bug also.
    Now, that makes sense. Otherwise it would be a TR. Thank you for making that clear.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post

Yes, there is no error now, my bad.

Community Member

That was my initial misconception, I think they should either change it to +19 or at lest throw in a disclaimer like:

NOTICE: You must maintain at least 1 level from your reincarnated character

This would do two things:

1) Reduce public outcry when then don't get a clean slate.
    -and-
    2) Reduce people doing what I did; bug reporting this and ticketing it.

EDIT: Also it wouldn't be breaking NDA to talk about this on the General Forum aye?
    Last edited by Lasheye; 08-05-2013 at 07:52 PM.

You are indeed able to change out the first class of the LR20, so long as doing so does not cause you to have more than 3 classes at any given time.

I did this with a 20 cleric becoming a 20 fighter.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    You are indeed able to change out the first class of the LR20, so long as doing so does not cause you to have more than 3 classes at any given time.

I did this with a 20 cleric becoming a 20 fighter.
    Just for giggles I tried this before Lama went down yesterday, tried to go from 20 Sorc to 20 Wizzy. Couldn't..It made me take one level of Sorc. And once I did, I could take 19 levels of Wizard.

That was my initial misconception, I think they should either change it to +19 or at lest throw in a disclaimer like:

NOTICE: You must maintain at least 1 level from your reincarnated character

This would do two things:

1) Reduce public outcry when then don't get a clean slate.
    -and-
    2) Reduce people doing what I did; bug reporting this and ticketing it.

EDIT: Also it wouldn't be breaking NDA to talk about this on the General Forum aye?

Yeah, this isn't true at all - I changed my lvl 20 bard into a 12 Ranger/8 Fighter.
    The only limitation is that at any point in the LR process you must only have 3 classes, including your future levels that you haven't processed yet (even if you intend to change those too, the system doesn't know what you will do in the future and "keep your current class for this level" is supposed to always be a choice). For some - those with a 3 class split - this may require keeping 1 or more levels from the current build.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Just for giggles I tried this before Lama went down yesterday, tried to go from 20 Sorc to 20 Wizzy. Couldn't..It made me take one level of Sorc.
    That is very interesting - I wonder if there's some sort of bug that only affects certain characters?

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    That is very interesting - I wonder if there's some sort of bug that only affects certain characters?
    Could be, but I didn't have time to try it on another one of my toons. But I tried everything I could to get that one level into Wiz..spent almost 20 min going back and forth thru the screens and restarting/relogging. I made sure I used the correct option at Kruz, and I had no other woods in my inventory, it just wouldn't let me selected it from the initial screen. I had to take Sorc. Everything else was greyed out AND unelectable. Sounds like it's allowing other to do so, so maybe it was just me..figures :/

When the next build comes to Lamannia, if anyone bumps into this issue again, please let us know so we can take a look at the character in mention. Observing the actual character mid-process would help us identify any issues that could have come up.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    When the next build comes to Lamannia, if anyone bumps into this issue again, please let us know so we can take a look at the character in mention. Observing the actual character mid-process would help us identify any issues that could have come up.
    Bookmarked.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

I am still mid process I suppose, I left the toon with the build (1Ftr/2Brd/1Druid)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast