Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Irongutz2000 View Post
    Hey, use shadow fade, blur, dodge ( over 15%) and DISPLACEMENT( shroud clickies or scrolls or be an elf)! and heal scrolls have a base of 110 so with ur healing amp it it should be 180-200ish I would guess. Silver flame pots r also very useful for the oh **** momments. I have 2 builds 1 runs cocoon that is also very helpful.
    One more thing, cetus plays a lot like me, don't just stand and swing, u have to move when needed or twitch. One of his other tricks is to blitz if ur doing stupid damage they don't have time to kill u cause they r dead first :P
    Azrreal / 28 completionist and epic completionist / Artificer 20
    Azrealla / 28 12 fighter / 4 monk / 4 pali
    Hoehoe / 28 ranger
    Twinkiee / 28 18 sorc / 2 pali
    Dingdong / 28 pali
    Razeall / 28 18 monk / 2 fighter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irongutz2000 View Post
    One more thing, cetus plays a lot like me, don't just stand and swing, u have to move when needed or twitch. One of his other tricks is to blitz if ur doing stupid damage they don't have time to kill u cause they r dead first :P
    can anyone confirm is BOW STR and Zen arch are broken, I am not gen any KI while centered nor getting the bow str mod.`````````

Quote Originally Posted by murraytam View Post
    can anyone confirm is BOW STR and Zen arch are broken, I am not gen any KI while centered nor getting the bow str mod.`````````
    They're both working

You don't gain ki when ranging, zen archery allows you to remain in stance and receive the extra multiplier from earth stance on your ranged attacks.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Added:

EE WGU end fight video to OP

Also here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksnVhN822rg
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

Could I make this build work without the ranged element on a 32 pt build? I have little interest in running EEs; its just not what I find enjoyable in the game, but I do like this build. The high saves, high dps, and good survivability are all what I'm looking for. The loss of manyshot is depressing, but for EN and EH which is mostly what I run, its not needed.

Could you possibly do a version that's a 32 point build, focused solely on melee, with the ranged feats traded into self healing, and survivability?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    Could you possibly do a version that's a 32 point build, focused solely on melee, with the ranged feats traded into self healing, and survivability?
    Why give up on ranged feats? It shouldn't be hard to downgrade this to a 32 pt build with more modest tomes: 17 / 15 / 14 / 8 / 11 / 10 works, with +2 DEX for MS and +2 WIS for Zen Archery. If you have +3 DEX, you can start DEX 14 CHA 12 instead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Why give up on ranged feats? It shouldn't be hard to downgrade this to a 32 pt build with more modest tomes: 17 / 15 / 14 / 8 / 11 / 10 works, with +2 DEX for MS and +2 WIS for Zen Archery. If you have +3 DEX, you can start DEX 14 CHA 12 instead.
    I'm scared to lose my precious survivability. The +3 saves I lose from my charisma dropping to 10 intimidates me. Also I'd rather have more self sufficiency than DPS, since that allows me to more easily solo content, which I find myself having to do increasingly more often.

Community Member

I'm scared to lose my precious survivability. The +3 saves I lose from my charisma dropping to 10 intimidates me. Also I'd rather have more self sufficiency than DPS, since that allows me to more easily solo content, which I find myself having to do increasingly more often.

Decent Ranged burst dps is a class of survivability all on its own.

I'm very glad to see the potential starter stats for this build on a fresh 32point build above.
    Been watching this for a while and came up with several similar solutions, but those past lives and extra points seriously tie it together so nicely it's hard to lose out on parts of it

Thought's on stats with just one +5 Tome available, and as a 34 point? And if having to choose just one Past life.. would you say Paladin?
    I figure using it on Dex is most beneficial for future lives. It's gonna need those Fighter PLs sooner rather than later i guess..urgh

If the choice is a couple of save points vs Ranged burst.. it's no contest.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Well, using my split, you could start STR 16 CHA 13 instead; that's only -1.5 saves rather than -3. Self-healing's a problem, though, because apart from Fists of Light, I don't see a way to boost this build's self-healing without a significant redesign.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Well, using my split, you could start STR 16 CHA 13 instead; that's only -1.5 saves rather than -3. Self-healing's a problem, though, because apart from Fists of Light, I don't see a way to boost this build's self-healing without a significant redesign.
    Well, I suppose it won't really matter for EH content. Hell, only some EE content will even require the level of gear and character design that Cetus has put into this. Fall of Truth, Caught in the Web, all the new content, some gianthold content, and most FR content on EE, but the rest of the game could suffice with the reduced stats. Alrighty. Thank you for the help! Now I need only go about actually LRing my 32 pt pally into this.

WIth u20 we're gonna see a wave of Bladeforged variant toons running around. Im sure most Juggernauts are going to TR into this.
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

Quote Originally Posted by serthcore View Post
    WIth u20 we're gonna see a wave of Bladeforged variant toons running around. Im sure most Juggernauts are going to TR into this.
    Am I missing something here?
    12Fgt/6Monk/2Pal seems really lacking on SpellPoints for Reconstructs.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Am I missing something here?
    12Fgt/6Monk/2Pal seems really lacking on SpellPoints for Reconstructs.
    LOL . . . gear. I've got like 400 SP on my fighter and with only 12 SP per shot that's a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by serthcore View Post
    I have both and I don't agree. Maybe some juggs will TR into bladeforged juggs. Cetus and Lurzifer's builds are equally powerful IMO and it really comes down to play style and gear as to what works better.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    LOL . . . gear. I've got like 400 SP on my fighter and with only 12 SP per shot that's a ton.
    It's 25 SP. 16 reconstructs doesn't sound all that great.
    But I guess you are talking about cocoon?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    It's 25 SP. 16 reconstructs doesn't sound all that great.
    But I guess you are talking about cocoon?
    Nope, I was factually wrong. I thought it was only 12 SP, the same as a non-meta'd CSW on a fleshie.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    I have both and I don't agree. Maybe some juggs will TR into bladeforged juggs. Cetus and Lurzifer's builds are equally powerful IMO and it really comes down to play style and gear as to what works better.
    I would disagree with you. Juggs were really good before the enchantment change, but they did not get very good enchantments while other builds gained a lot more synergy.

Jugg vs Bladeforged Cetus (going for the centered 2 paladin splash Jugg as Bladeforged, which might not be as optimal but is the closest to compare):

Loss of deadly weapon and armor of speed.
    Loss of option to use repeater with fusilade.
    Loss of several battle engineer buffs.
    More SP.
    No need to scroll Tensers.

Gain shadow fade.
    Gain reliable stunning blow.
    Gain more feats.
    Gain useful Kensai enchantments.
    Gain more useful monk enchantments.
    More BAB.

Not trying to start a Bladeforged variant vs Jugg debate, i was just thinking that both are similar builds in some ways, and this one might be better suited for those people who were missing having good tactics DC on their jugg.
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

I'm working on slotting in a spellpoint augment into the setup, getting a bauble and twisted talisman clickies. Torc or conc op if you don't feel like drinking pots.

I'll probably carry pots just in case, but 1k spellpoints worth of recon should be fine between shrines in most quests
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

I am thinking of making a twf instead of thf, does anyone here know if Pulverizer+Keen Edge and improved critical blunt stack making Morhn 13-20 x3? I know puverizer doesn't with Rogue Acrobat staff enhancement but not sure on figher.

Nevermind: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...tical-profiles!
    Last edited by VorpalKnight; 11-14-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast