Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Community Member

First of all many thanks for this build Cetus found this a while ago and just had to try it. Im nowhere near as well geared as you are and i use twf instead of thf but its a lot of fun to play, im waiting until i get to lvl 28 (currently lvl 24) then ill try and LR with those feats you have listed. I tried doing it in a planner but its confusing as hell hopefully i wont put a feat in at the wrong lvl and screw up the progression, i dont suppose you have a detailed lvl progression hanging around somewhere on the forums do you?
    Khyber server :- Bloodyfistah (decided to get completionist on this toon 7 lives left to go) / Bloodytotem / Bloodynukers
    Guild :- Pandora's box

Quote Originally Posted by Blade420 View Post
    First of all many thanks for this build Cetus found this a while ago and just had to try it. Im nowhere near as well geared as you are and i use twf instead of thf but its a lot of fun to play, im waiting until i get to lvl 28 (currently lvl 24) then ill try and LR with those feats you have listed. I tried doing it in a planner but its confusing as hell hopefully i wont put a feat in at the wrong lvl and screw up the progression, i dont suppose you have a detailed lvl progression hanging around somewhere on the forums do you?
    Step 1: Ensure you are the proper alignment before LR'ing...

Step 2: Wait a week after LR'ing because you missed step one...

Step 3: .......

Step 4: Profit!
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    Step 1: Ensure you are the proper alignment before LR'ing...

Step 2: Wait a day after LR'ing because you begged a GM to reset your reincarnation timer.

Step 3: Do it two more times

Step 4: Profit!
    What? Fixed steps 2 and 3 for you.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

Looks like a solid build. It has been a while since I played anything like this.

The one thing that surprised me the most was: no Quick Draw?

Doesn't that speed up using action boosts by a lot? On a build with as many action boosts as this one, I'd say that would increase the number of effective attacks/second by a lot
    Or is this old or false information?
    Last edited by Rull; 10-22-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Variant with Rejuvenation Coccon

Cetus, I would like to thank you for sharing this amazingly fun build.

I have been running a slight variant of the build, to include Cocoon. I figured I would post it here in case anyone else was interested and to solicit suggestions/comments.

I decided to run with Cocoon due mostly to its non-interruptible nature. With heal scrolls I feel like I am constantly disengaging from combat to ensure that I don’t get hit mid-cast. Resulting in a dps loss best case, or worst case death (due to the player getting a bit too aggressive).

Open Questions:
    • What to use for my free feat (I don’t have completionist)? Options include: Improved Sunder (will put me at an effective 75 stunning blow with one sunder), Epic PRR (10), or Greater WP Spec (+2 damage).
    • How much Reflex/will save do I need (Currently Ref:69, Will: 57)? I would love to swap out either the +8 dex or wisdom for +15 heal augment

Pros:
    • No fail healing with Cocoon (Average of 117 a tick), reducing the need to pull out of combat to heal (increased effective dps)
    • Not using +2 con Yugo pot (due to no fail heal, I am more comfortable with fewer HP), avoiding the 5% attack speed penalty
    • +1 to all saves if you control for lack of completionist (effectively -1 saves compared to Cestus’s build)

Cons:
    • Standing fortification is 123% (could go to 128% with better gear) vs 140%
    • Loss of 2 seeker, Loss of 5% double strike, and loss of 2d6 elemental damage from red augment
    • Loss of 20 hp as I couldn't fit in vitality augment and 48 hp from not using the Yugo pot

Build below:

Code:

Class Split:  12 Fighter / 6 Monk / 2 Pally (MFFFFFFMFFFMFFMPPFMFM)
    Race: Human

Abilities:
    Str:  50/80-- (18 base + 5 tome +7 lvl + 1 enh +1 GoTIB +3 Insight +8 Item +1 Profane +2 ED +2 ship +2 Yugo/ + 2 rage +4 tenser +3 Action Boost +8 Power Surge +15 Divine Might)
    Dex: 29 / 34 -- (12 base + 5 tome + 8 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship -2 stance / + 4 tenser)
    Con:  37/46 -- (14 base +5 tome +1 enh +8 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +3 Stance +2 Ship / +2 rage +4 tenser +1 Action Boost)
    Int:  15 -- (8 base +4 tome +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship)
    Wis: 25 -- (8 base +5 tome +1 GoTIB +8 item +1 profane +2 ship)
    Cha:  39/42 -- (16 base +5 tome +10 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship +2 Yugo / +3 Action Boost)

Skills:  Balance 23, Concentration 8, Heal 19, UMD 11, Tumble 1

Enhancements: 
    Paladin: Knight of the Chalice (9 ap): Slayer of Evil (1), Extra Turning III (3), Extra Smite (1), Divine Might II (4)

Fighter: Kensai (33ap):  Kensai Focus (1), Weapon Specialization IV (8), Action Boost: Haste III (3), Spiritual Bond (1), Weapon Meditation (2), Shattering Strike (1), Deadly Strike (1), Strike with No Thought (1), Power Surge (1), Keen Edge (1), One with the Blade (1), Extra Action Boost II (4), Tactics (6), Str (2)

Monk Ninja Spy (17 ap):  Ninja Training (2), Shadow Veil (1), Sneak Attack Training II (4), Acrobatic (3), Elemental Ki: Fist of Iron (2), Agility III (3), Sting of the Ninja (2)

Monk Shinto (1 AP): Bastion of Purity (1), 

Stalwart Defender (1 AP): Toughness (1),

Human (19 ap):  Versatility: 20% damage (1), Adaptability: Con (2), Action Surge: Str III (3), Action Surge: Cha III (3), Improved Recovery III (6), Action Surge: Con III (3), Action Surge: Dex I (1) 

Core Stats: 
    HP: 787 Standing / 913 Boosted / 961 Yugo – (188 levels +80 epic +378/504 con +25 heroic +10 draconic +40 False Life +15 auto grants +50 LD +1 Enh / +48 Yugo)
    Double Strike:  13% (3% Item + 5% Perfect TWF + 3% Draconic Ferocity +2% Kensai)
    Stunning Blow DC: 72+improved sunder – (10 base + 35 Str +5 exc combat mastery +10 stunning +3 Kensai +6 tactics +3 Ftr PL)
    Positive Spell Power:  297 (100 base + 138 Devotion + 30 Implement +10 Shinto +24 heal skill)
    Healing Amp:  224% / 296% (Scrolls only) (1.3 human recovery * 1.05 Shinto * 1.15 past life * 1.1 ship * 1.3 Bracers [1.1*1.2 for scrolls]); Self cast heal scroll hits for 333 hp, large silver flame for 561 hp, Cocoon Average tick for 117 
    Dodge: 18% - (10% Item + 6% Flurry + 3% Acrobatic)
    PRR:  28 (12 Master Earth + 16 Augment)
    Miss Chance:  55%/71.9% = 20/50% Concealment (Blur/Displacement) * 25% Incorporeal * 28% dodge 
    UMD: 45  -- (11 ranks +8 epic +16 Cha +3 competence +2 luck +4 morale +1 profane) 

Saves: 
    Fort: 62/75 – (16 base +4 epic +13/+18 con +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +4 insightful +1 Ship +1 Aura of Good +14/+16 Divine Grace +2 Fire finisher – 4 Yugo)
    Ref: 62/69 – (9 base +4 epic +9/12 dex +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +4 insightful +1 Ship +1 Agility +1 Aura of Good +14/+16 Divine Grace +2 fire finisher) 
    Will: 53/57 – (9 base +4 epic +7 wis +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +4 insightful +1 Ship +1 Aura of Good +14/+16 Divine Grace +2 fire finisher)

Epic Destiny – Legendary Dreadnought:
    Legendary Tactics (3), Extra Action Boost (3), Momentum Swing (3), Improved Power Attack (2), Lay Waste (2), Attack Boost: Damage (1), Strength II (4), Advancing Blows (2), Devastating Critical (2), Masters Blitz (2)
    Twists: Unyielding Sentinel:  Bane of Undeath (1), Primal Avatar: Rejuvenation Cocoon (1), Grandmaster: Dance of Flowers (1),

Gear: 
    Trinket:  Litany (Eldritch Saves Ritual) / PLIS  
    Head: Black dragon +3 insightful Str, (Green: 40 False Life, Yellow: GoTIB)
    Neck: Deadly 10 of Archmagi 
    Goggles: Charisma 10, Resistance 10 
    Bracers: Healing Amp 30% or Parrying +4
    Body: Black Dragon (Blue: 16 PRR) 
    Cloak: lvl24 Cloak of the Wolf
    Ring: Fortification 120% of Seeker 10 
    Ring: Seal of Dun’Ro’Bar +2 con, Stunning 10
    Boots: EE Goatskins Sonic resist 40 (Green:  Good luck Colorless: wis +8)
    Gloves: EE Backstaber’s (Yellow: Con 8)
    Belt: epic Spare Hand (Colorless: Str +8, Blue: iCha +2)
    Weapons: eSoS (Colorless: Dex +8, Red: Devotion 138)

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    Cetus, I would like to thank you for sharing this amazingly fun build.

I have been running a slight variant of the build, to include Cocoon. I figured I would post it here in case anyone else was interested and to solicit suggestions/comments.

I decided to run with Cocoon due mostly to its non-interruptible nature. With heal scrolls I feel like I am constantly disengaging from combat to ensure that I don’t get hit mid-cast. Resulting in a dps loss best case, or worst case death (due to the player getting a bit too aggressive).

Open Questions:
    • What to use for my free feat (I don’t have completionist)? Options include: Improved Sunder (will put me at an effective 75 stunning blow with one sunder), Epic PRR (10), or Greater WP Spec (+2 damage).
    • How much Reflex/will save do I need (Currently Ref:69, Will: 57)? I would love to swap out either the +8 dex or wisdom for +15 heal augment

Pros:
    • No fail healing with Cocoon (Average of 117 a tick), reducing the need to pull out of combat to heal (increased effective dps)
    • Not using +2 con Yugo pot (due to no fail heal, I am more comfortable with fewer HP), avoiding the 5% attack speed penalty
    • +1 to all saves if you control for lack of completionist (effectively -1 saves compared to Cestus’s build)

Cons:
    • Standing fortification is 123% (could go to 128% with better gear) vs 140%
    • Loss of 2 seeker, Loss of 5% double strike, and loss of 2d6 elemental damage from red augment
    • Loss of 20 hp as I couldn't fit in vitality augment and 48 hp from not using the Yugo pot

Build below:

Code:

Class Split:  12 Fighter / 6 Monk / 2 Pally (MFFFFFFMFFFMFFMPPFMFM)
    Race: Human

Abilities:
    Str:  50/80-- (18 base + 5 tome +7 lvl + 1 enh +1 GoTIB +3 Insight +8 Item +1 Profane +2 ED +2 ship +2 Yugo/ + 2 rage +4 tenser +3 Action Boost +8 Power Surge +15 Divine Might)
    Dex: 29 / 34 -- (12 base + 5 tome + 8 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship -2 stance / + 4 tenser)
    Con:  37/46 -- (14 base +5 tome +1 enh +8 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +3 Stance +2 Ship / +2 rage +4 tenser +1 Action Boost)
    Int:  15 -- (8 base +4 tome +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship)
    Wis: 25 -- (8 base +5 tome +1 GoTIB +8 item +1 profane +2 ship)
    Cha:  39/42 -- (16 base +5 tome +10 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship +2 Yugo / +3 Action Boost)

Skills:  Balance 23, Concentration 8, Heal 19, UMD 11, Tumble 1

Enhancements: 
    Paladin: Knight of the Chalice (9 ap): Slayer of Evil (1), Extra Turning III (3), Extra Smite (1), Divine Might II (4)

Fighter: Kensai (33ap):  Kensai Focus (1), Weapon Specialization IV (8), Action Boost: Haste III (3), Spiritual Bond (1), Weapon Meditation (2), Shattering Strike (1), Deadly Strike (1), Strike with No Thought (1), Power Surge (1), Keen Edge (1), One with the Blade (1), Extra Action Boost II (4), Tactics (6), Str (2)

Monk Ninja Spy (17 ap):  Ninja Training (2), Shadow Veil (1), Sneak Attack Training II (4), Acrobatic (3), Elemental Ki: Fist of Iron (2), Agility III (3), Sting of the Ninja (2)

Monk Shinto (1 AP): Bastion of Purity (1), 

Stalwart Defender (1 AP): Toughness (1),

Human (19 ap):  Versatility: 20% damage (1), Adaptability: Con (2), Action Surge: Str III (3), Action Surge: Cha III (3), Improved Recovery III (6), Action Surge: Con III (3), Action Surge: Dex I (1) 

Core Stats: 
    HP: 787 Standing / 913 Boosted / 961 Yugo – (188 levels +80 epic +378/504 con +25 heroic +10 draconic +40 False Life +15 auto grants +50 LD +1 Enh / +48 Yugo)
    Double Strike:  13% (3% Item + 5% Perfect TWF + 3% Draconic Ferocity +2% Kensai)
    Stunning Blow DC: 72+improved sunder – (10 base + 35 Str +5 exc combat mastery +10 stunning +3 Kensai +6 tactics +3 Ftr PL)
    Positive Spell Power:  297 (100 base + 138 Devotion + 30 Implement +10 Shinto +24 heal skill)
    Healing Amp:  224% / 296% (Scrolls only) (1.3 human recovery * 1.05 Shinto * 1.15 past life * 1.1 ship * 1.3 Bracers [1.1*1.2 for scrolls]); Self cast heal scroll hits for 333 hp, large silver flame for 561 hp, Cocoon Average tick for 117 
    Dodge: 18% - (10% Item + 6% Flurry + 3% Acrobatic)
    PRR:  28 (12 Master Earth + 16 Augment)
    Miss Chance:  55%/71.9% = 20/50% Concealment (Blur/Displacement) * 25% Incorporeal * 28% dodge 
    UMD: 45  -- (11 ranks +8 epic +16 Cha +3 competence +2 luck +4 morale +1 profane) 

Saves: 
    Fort: 62/75 – (16 base +4 epic +13/+18 con +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +4 insightful +1 Ship +1 Aura of Good +14/+16 Divine Grace +2 Fire finisher – 4 Yugo)
    Ref: 62/69 – (9 base +4 epic +9/12 dex +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +4 insightful +1 Ship +1 Agility +1 Aura of Good +14/+16 Divine Grace +2 fire finisher) 
    Will: 53/57 – (9 base +4 epic +7 wis +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +4 insightful +1 Ship +1 Aura of Good +14/+16 Divine Grace +2 fire finisher)

Legendary Tactics (3), Extra Action Boost (3), Momentum Swing (3), Improved Power Attack (2), Lay Waste (2), Attack Boost: Damage (1), Strength II (4), Advancing Blows (2), Devastating Critical (2), Masters Blitz (2)
    Twists: Unyielding Sentinel:  Bane of Undeath (1), Primal Avatar: Rejuvenation Cocoon (1), Grandmaster: Dance of Flowers (1),

Gear: 
    Trinket:  Litany (Eldritch Saves Ritual) / PLIS  
    Head: Black dragon +3 insightful Str, (Green: 40 False Life, Yellow: GoTIB)
    Neck: Deadly 10 of Archmagi 
    Bracers: Healing Amp 30% or Parrying +4
    Cloak: lvl24 Cloak of the Wolf
    Ring: Fortification 120% of Seeker 10 
    Ring: Seal of Dun’Ro’Bar +2 con, Stunning 10
    Boots: EE Goatskins Sonic resist 40 (Green:  Good luck Colorless: wis +8)
    Gloves: EE Backstaber’s (Yellow: Con 8)
    Belt: epic Spare Hand (Colorless: Str +8, Blue: iCha +2)
    Weapons: eSoS (Colorless: Dex +8, Red: Devotion 138)
    The build looks decent as well - only issue is the fortification there - I run with 140 from brace for impact and still get crit occasionally, dropping even lower is risky business (especially if we share a similar super-aggressive playstyle where I frequently run in the middle of several assassins cleaving away).

However, I'll be making the transition to bladeforged - where the inherent fortification will allow me to drop brace for impact and load pin or sense weakness back up, and the recon should be at least in the mid 500 range from my projected repair spell power - much better than cocoon. The warforged tactics will compensate for the loss of 6 strength, and the +6 to damage from PA will compensate for the damage loss.

The free twist will compensate for the loss of GTHF as a feat, with all of the warforged immunities/reconstruct/fortification/hitpoints and shaken ability as improvements (shaken is an effective +2 tactics dc as well).

Saves: +1 aura of good as a bladeforged, -2 by losing brace for impact, -2 from losing 2 cha modifiers upon boosting. So, at most a net loss of 3 to saves, but being a warforged the threat of a hold/fts are eliminated - not bad.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    The build looks decent as well - only issue is the fortification there - I run with 140 from brace for impact and still get crit occasionally, dropping even lower is risky business (especially if we share a similar super-aggressive playstyle where I frequently run in the middle of several assassins cleaving away).

However, I'll be making the transition to bladeforged - where the inherent fortification will allow me to drop brace for impact and load pin or sense weakness back up, and the recon should be at least in the mid 500 range from my projected repair spell power - much better than cocoon. The warforged tactics will compensate for the loss of 6 strength, and the +6 to damage from PA will compensate for the damage loss.

The free twist will compensate for the loss of GTHF as a feat, with all of the warforged immunities/reconstruct/fortification/hitpoints and shaken ability as improvements (shaken is an effective +2 tactics dc as well).

Saves: +1 aura of good as a bladeforged, -2 by losing brace for impact, -2 from losing 2 cha modifiers upon boosting. So, at most a net loss of 3 to saves, but being a warforged the threat of a hold/fts are eliminated - not bad.
    I haven't ran the numbers yet on Bladeforged yet, but the writeup above is getting me excited. Only concern is the 25sp cost to the recons will likely require a bauble at minimum, to make that last shrine-to-shrine. (wasn't looking forward to farm out another one of those)

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    I haven't ran the numbers yet on Bladeforged yet, but the writeup above is getting me excited. Only concern is the 25sp cost to the recons will likely require a bauble at minimum, to make that last shrine-to-shrine. (wasn't looking forward to farm out another one of those)
    Yea, definitely want a bauble.

Also, gear layout will change a bit - can drop down 1 cha since cha will be a 41 without the +3 human boost that took me to 44. Instead, equip cha +3 field optics, slot +8 cha augment and drop stolen necklace. This nets perma true seeing and an additional slot for perhaps spellpower, and instead pick up a set of deadly 10 / resistance 10 necklace.
    Last edited by Cetus; 10-22-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Bladeforged Version

I worked up a Bladeforged version of the build. Overall it is higher DPS and fortification over the human version, with a fair loss of saves. Build and comparison listed below:

Pros:
    • Significantly increased Fortification from 123% to 175%
    • Massive increase to burst healing (Recon SLA for 510hp)
    • 5% increase in doublestrike, +2 seeker and the addition of Sense Weakness
    • Power of the forge (+10prr, +30 spell power, +4 saves w/no fail on 1)
    • Ability to mostly ignore will saves

Cons:
    • Completely dependent on Recon SLA for healing (loss of effective LOH, Silver Flame, and Scrolls)
    • Reduction in saves 70/66/49 (74/70/53 33% of the time) vs 75/69/57
    • Need to farm out a bauble and likely carry SP pots

Class Split: 12 Fighter / 6 Monk / 2 Pally (PMFFFFFFMFFPFFFMFMMF)
    Race: Bladeforged

Abilities:
    Str: 50/76-- (16 base + 5 tome +7 lvl + 1 enh +1 GoTIB +3 Insight +10 Item +1 Profane +2 ED +2 ship +2 Yugo/ + 2 rage +4 tenser +8 Power Surge +14 Divine Might)
    Dex: 32 / 36 -- (12 base + 5 tome + 9 item +1 GoTIB +2 insight +1 profane +2 ship -2 stance / + 4 tenser)
    Con: 38/44 -- (15 base +5 tome +1 enh +8 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +3 Stance +2 Ship / +2 rage +4 tenser)
    Int: 16 -- (8 base +4 tome +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship)
    Wis: 17 -- (8 base +5 tome +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship)
    Cha: 40 -- (17 base +5 tome +10 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +1 profane +2 ship +2 Yugo)

Skills: Balance 17, Repair 23, UMD 5, Tumble 1

Feats: Passive Past Life: Paladin x3, Fighter x3
    Base: WF: Slashing (1), WF: Ranged (3), Great Cleave (6), Improved Critical: Slashing (9), Improved Two-Handed Fighting (12), Improved Critical: Ranged (15), Rapid Shot (18), Overwhelming Critical (21), Master of Forms (24), Epic PRR or Epic Fortitude? (27),
    Fighter: Cleave (3), Point Blank Shot (4), Weapon Specialization (6), Stunning Blow (8), Greater WF: Slashing (11), Greater Two-Handed Fighting (14), Many shot (20)
    Monk: Power Attack (2), Two-handed Fighting (9), Fists of Light (9), Zen Archery (19)
    Destiny: Perfect Two-Handed Fighting (26), Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting (28)

Enhancements:

Fighter: Kensai (33ap): Kensai Focus (1), Weapon Specialization IV (8), Action Boost: Haste III (3), Spiritual Bond (1), Weapon Meditation (2), Shattering Strike (1), Deadly Strike (1), Strike with No Thought (1), Power Surge (1), Keen Edge (1), One with the Blade (1), Extra Action Boost II (4), Tactics (6), Str (2)

Monk Ninja Spy (17 ap): Ninja Training (2), Shadow Veil (1), Sneak Attack Training II (4), Acrobatic (3), Elemental Ki: Fist of Iron (2), Agility III (3), Sting of the Ninja (2)

BladeForged (21 ap): Improved Fortification II (2), WF Con I (2), Repair Systems I (2), WF: Tactics III (3), Fearsome Presence (1), Improved Power Attack III (4), Power of the Forge (1), Communion of Scribing III (6)

Core Stats:
    Fortification: 175%
    HP: 805 Standing / 889 Boosted / 937 Yugo – (188 levels +80 epic +392/476 con +25 heroic +10 draconic +45 False Life +15 auto grants +50 LD / +48 Yugo)
    Double Strike: 18% (8% Item + 5% Perfect TWF + 3% Draconic Ferocity +2% Kensi)
    Stunning Blow DC: 75 – (10 base + 33 Str +5 exc combat mastery +10 stunning +3 Kensi +3 WF +6 tactics +3 Ftr PL +2 Shaken)
    Repair Spell Power: 209 (138 Devotion + 30 Implement +38 heal skill)
    Reconstruct SLA: 510 HP
    Dodge: 16% - (8% Item + 6% Flurry + 3% Acrobatic)
    PRR: 28 (12 Master Earth + 16 Augment)
    Miss Chance: 57%/73% = 20/50% Concealment (Blur/Displacement) * 25% Incorporeal * 28% dodge (Blitzing)
    UMD: 43 -- (5 ranks +8 epic +15 Cha +1 tome +3 competence +2 luck +4 morale +1 profane +1 ship)

Saves:
    Fort: 68/74 – (16 base +4 epic +17 con +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +1 Ship +2 Aura of Good +14 Divine Grace +2 Fire finisher +4 Power of the forge – 4 Yugo)
    Ref: 64/70 – (9 base +4 epic +12 dex +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +1 Ship +3 Agility +2 Aura of Good +14 Divine Grace +2 fire finisher +4 Power of the forge)
    Will: 47/53 – (9 base +4 epic +7 wis +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +1 Ship +2 Aura of Good +14 Divine Grace +2 fire finisher +4 Power of the forge)

Legendary Tactics (3), Extra Action Boost (3), Momentum Swing (3), Improved Power Attack (2), Lay Waste (2), Attack Boost (1), Strength II (4), Advancing Blows (2), Devastating Critical (2), Masters Blitz (2)
    Twists: Fury: Sense Weakness (4), Unyielding Sentinel: Bane of Undeath (1), Grandmaster: Dance of Flowers (1)

Gear:
    Trinket: Litany (Eldrich Saves Ritual) / PLIS
    Head: Black dragon +3 iStr, (Green: Heavy Fort, Yellow: GoTIB)
    Neck: Deadly 10 of Wizardry 9
    Bracers: Skirmishers (+9 Dex, +8 Double Strike)
    Cloak: Cloak of the Wolf
    Ring: EE Consuming Darkness (Green: +2 iDex)
    Ring: Seal of Dun’Ro’Bar +2 iCon, Stunning 10
    Boots: EE Goatskins Sonic resist 40 (Green: Good luck Colorless: +2 iCha)
    Gloves: EE Backstabers (Yellow: Con 8)
    Belt: Ogre Power 10 False Life 45
    Weapons: eSoS (Colorless: +15 Repair, Red: Reconstruction 138)
    Last edited by Andoris; 11-26-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Try doing ee quests without fortification and you will find it makes a lot less of a difference then you all think. I did about 10 recently with 0 forification and it did not make much of a difference, although I kept myself more topped hit point wise.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Try doing ee quests without fortification and you will find it makes a lot less of a difference then you all think. I did about 10 recently with 0 forification and it did not make much of a difference, although I kept myself more topped hit point wise.
    lol

We play the game very differently then - my main concern for fortification is almost exclusively because of the EE assassins - of which I tend to take on in groups at a time.
    YouTube Channel HERE

lol

We play the game very differently then - my main concern for fortification is almost exclusively because of the EE assassins - of which I tend to take on in groups at a time.
    I doubt I play the game too much differently then you although I did level 7 characters up to 28 (the last three pretty much all ee) I have been doing a fair amount of ee short manning these days for gear and +11s I guess. I will more buy the ee assassins starting out with deteour and with some wheloon/stormhorns quest, but most quests do not have those to be honest. Would not surprise me if the mobs were bugged and not critting properly. Try some quests without fort and then come back on here just saying.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Try some quests without fort and then come back on here just saying.
    No thanks, I think I have a reasonable idea of how often I get sneak attacked and critted with 140% fort right now. I can probably do it if I tried, but what the hells the point?

Trying this without fort is like saying: "oh I see that I can't get to my destination in time while driving at 60 MPH, lets try 40MPH for the hell of it". Senseless.
    YouTube Channel HERE

No thanks, I think I have a reasonable idea of how often I get sneak attacked and critted with 140% fort right now. I can probably do it if I tried, but what the hells the point?

Trying this without fort is like saying: "oh I see that I can't get to my destination in time while driving at 60 MPH, lets try 40MPH for the hell of it". Senseless.
    Then you do not know what you are talking about regarding fort.

I rate this troll a 1 out of 10.

Come on, you can do better.

ok

If we were on the same server, I'd have a spot in my backpack for your zero fort ameliorating-striking barb.
    Last edited by Cetus; 10-24-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

cetus I have a few questions, I recently just took up your build and left my pure level 20 fighter stalwart. I followed you exactly to the T minus completionist, my saves are all 50 plus at level 26. I was able to do wheloon EH as a stalwart solo. With this build I seem to be taking way more damage then I could heal. Instead of me listing all my mechanics could you post a list of rotation abilities that you use. My heal scrolls are not hitting for 333, maybe 100. Are you using heals from monk light combo finisher at all? I have the 30% amp from human and the 30% from purple dragon knight gaunt. My damage is amazing but I'm just getting hit a lot so maybe my saves are not high enough or I should wait until I hit max level and not do EH solo at 26?

heal scrolls for 100 seems low, might be a gear /build issue

For the rest, might be a playstyle issue

His hotbar displays laywaste&stunning blow (i think), that cc might be a source of damage reduction

@cetus, i'm suprised to see you consider the blade forged, how well is your self (repair) healing compaired to (divine) party heals?
    is the recon so good that you take the heal penalty for granted?

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    heal scrolls for 100 seems low, might be a gear /build issue

For the rest, might be a playstyle issue

His hotbar displays laywaste&stunning blow (i think), that cc might be a source of damage reduction

@cetus, i'm suprised to see you consider the blade forged, how well is your self (repair) healing compaired to (divine) party heals?
    is the recon so good that you take the heal penalty for granted?
    Its a playstyle choice, I almost never play with the expectation that I'll get healed. Today, I'm doing this with just heal scrolls that land for 317 a pop. With bladeforged, I'll do it with recon that will land for 550+ a pop, plus no concentration failure.

Not a problem for me, others who expect heals from friendly divines might find BF hard to play. Afterall, its cutting 30% healing amp from being human on top of their own healing amp penalty.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Default Hey

Quote Originally Posted by murraytam View Post
    cetus I have a few questions, I recently just took up your build and left my pure level 20 fighter stalwart. I followed you exactly to the T minus completionist, my saves are all 50 plus at level 26. I was able to do wheloon EH as a stalwart solo. With this build I seem to be taking way more damage then I could heal. Instead of me listing all my mechanics could you post a list of rotation abilities that you use. My heal scrolls are not hitting for 333, maybe 100. Are you using heals from monk light combo finisher at all? I have the 30% amp from human and the 30% from purple dragon knight gaunt. My damage is amazing but I'm just getting hit a lot so maybe my saves are not high enough or I should wait until I hit max level and not do EH solo at 26?
    Hey, use shadow fade, blur, dodge ( over 15%) and DISPLACEMENT( shroud clickies or scrolls or be an elf)! and heal scrolls have a base of 110 so with ur healing amp it it should be 180-200ish I would guess. Silver flame pots r also very useful for the oh **** momments. I have 2 builds 1 runs cocoon that is also very helpful.
    Azrreal / 28 completionist and epic completionist / Artificer 20
    Azrealla / 28 12 fighter / 4 monk / 4 pali
    Hoehoe / 28 ranger
    Twinkiee / 28 18 sorc / 2 pali
    Dingdong / 28 pali
    Razeall / 28 18 monk / 2 fighter

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast