Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw him listing completionist before bravery bonus came out.
    Heh Way before bravery bonus.

Cetussssss, Star, Tink, and all the others.. It's sad how easy getting past lives has become now compared to when they first started grinding them out. And now you have threads about how horrible it is your can't get completionist in 2 weeks with Otto's boxes... /smh
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    This build has evolved nicely since the original post was made. That badly needed to happen of course.

The issue I have with a build like this is it's mostly bs. 99.99% of the playing community would never even begin to put this much real money into the game. All the tomes, the paid for gear, the awful expansion, the million+ hours of time spent.

A build like this with a huge thread that has followed should absolutely be the epitome of what P2W can get you. Unfortunately there are many other builds that are better and far more time/cost effective which really makes this the epitome of P2S, Pay 2 Stagnate.
    I'm just going to say this.

He is a Chaosknight. He did not pay to win. Instead, he ran with a group of some of the best players on any server. And of them, he is among the best of them.

If you want proof of how good he is, he has videos.

If you want to call it anything, call it Strategic Coordination and Diligence to Win. SCD2W.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Strategic Coordination and Diligence to Win. SCD2W.
    Toooo long. Lol
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Exclamation Nurse!!!

This build has evolved nicely since the original post was made. That badly needed to happen of course.

The issue I have with a build like this is it's mostly bs. 99.99% of the playing community would never even begin to put this much real money into the game. All the tomes, the paid for gear, the awful expansion, the million+ hours of time spent.

A build like this with a huge thread that has followed should absolutely be the epitome of what P2W can get you. Unfortunately there are many other builds that are better and far more time/cost effective which really makes this the epitome of P2S, Pay 2 Stagnate.
    Quick!

I think someone needs an envy enema!

deleting just in case.
    Last edited by Charononus; 09-26-2013 at 05:27 PM.

I appreciate the kind words, however at the risk of thread closure, please don't exacerbate the issue.

Thanks
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

Default Doubts centered on

Hi Cetus,
    I have a doubt! As you Remained centered using the ESOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I appreciate the kind words, however at the risk of thread closure, please don't exacerbate the issue.

Thanks

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by MarretaBlack View Post
    Hi Cetus,
    I have a doubt! As you Remained centered using the ESOS?
    In the new Kensai Fighter enhancements allow you to remain centered while using your chosen subset of weapons.

Community Member

. . . battle divines offer a level of survivability that's unmatched while still offering top tier dps.
    I just spit beer all over my keyboard.

You had the makings of a pretty decent troll, then you said this.

Haha. What else needs to be said for this? Boss says to tone it down you better listen and get back to working those pom poms!
    It's called offering a tiny bit of respect, it's not hard, I don't know cetus at all other than looking at his build threads now and then for ideas. You should try the respect thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    It's called offering a tiny bit of respect, it's not hard, I don't know cetus at all other than looking at his build threads now and then for ideas. You should try the respect thing.
    And just to add, I tried to be polite in the request. I just don't want the thread closed over someones bs.

Thanks char.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

So what if it requires a fair bit? I never saw it claimed anywhere that this was a build for everyone, he shared some of his ideas and was even open to what other people had to say. I don't think I read him claiming that his was the *best* build ever. At some point it boils down to what is the best build for *you* not what is the *best* build.

+5 tomes do drop, Im just unlucky not to have any, yay for crappy skill tomes as 20th end rewards now.

lol the 6 monk is for other stuff besides evasion you know.............. the feats, adapt of forms saves another feat so you can get master of forms, 2 pally adds more than just the Cha to saves as well. It pretty much meshes pretty nicely. Only thing I dont like is I hate scroll healing, i do it on my bards but only when I feel i need to save some SP, sure I would get it on a melee if I could get the umd high enough but I would like to have cocoon and scrolls, heh even cure serious and loh if I can fit it in.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 09-26-2013 at 11:36 PM.

good builds aren't f2p and recquire tomes lol
    good gear isn't f2p, why would ppl get new packs then?

poor trolling is claiming that both above sentences are false, and if you aim to get TP for every pack of ddo, better don't spend time on forum and create favor runners in every server, etc etc (man that's real time/cost effective)

btw hope ur builds don't recquire tomes nor gear that isn't f2p (would be nice to see you trying to pull tomes from lod chain XDDDD) if not...well who cares? not me, i'm not trolling lol
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Only thing I dont like is I hate scroll healing, i do it on my bards but only when I feel i need to save some SP, sure I would get it on a melee if I could get the umd high enough but I would like to have cocoon and scrolls, heh even cure serious and loh if I can fit it in.
    With the +8 bonus to skills from epic levels getting non-fail heal scrolls is much easier. In my case I crafted a +6 CHR-skill GS item that's also a displacement clickie (had i been smarter it could have been perma-blur). With that, GH, 14 CHR starting with a basic item, and a bunny-hat you're there.

I Pay2win'd and bought a +2 UMD tome to avoid the bunny-hat lag but that's optional. and yes, the bunny-hats are Pay2win but they are dirt cheap, I believe I got mine years ago when they were on sale at a ridiculous price for easter.

Regarding what the nay-sayer is saying: a lot of the power in this build exists between the keyboard and the chair. Do I think the typical DDO player should expect to solo EE WGU like the OP did? No, not at all.

But it's still probably the best THFing build out there. I've seen a few of the clones in action and though they aren't the god-mode that the OP's toon appears to be they are quite impressive.
    Last edited by Bridge_Dweller; 09-27-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    With the +8 bonus to skills from epic levels getting non-fail heal scrolls is much easier. In my case I crafted a +6 CHR-skill GS item that's also a displacement clickie (had i been smarter it could have been perma-blur). With that, GH, 14 CHR starting with a basic item, and a bunny-hat you're there.

I Pay2win'd and bought a +2 UMD tome to avoid the bunny-hat lag but that's optional. and yes, the bunny-hats are Pay2win but they are dirt cheap, I believe I got mine years ago when they were on sale at a ridiculous price for easter.

Regarding what the nay-sayer is saying: a lot of the power in this build exists between the keyboard and the chair. Do I think the typical DDO player should expect to solo EE WGU like the OP did? No, not at all.

But it's still probably the best THFing build out there. I've seen a few of the clones in action and though they aren't the god-mode that the OP's toon appears to be they are quite impressive.
    hmm i have all that cept for the bunny hat and +2 umd tome, but my +6 cha skills is a 150 sp item, haste clickie, my hp item is smoke and displacement clickie.

Default Is Divine Might working correctly?

It states that it adds your charisma mod to your strength. I am still only lvl 22 and not fully geared yet, so I have a measly 29 charisma when click on divine might.

Here are my results when clicking on everything. I only have a base 40 strength atm.

Power Surge puts me at 51 strength and 35 charisma (this gives me a +12 char mod) I would expect to get 63 strength with divine might. I get 60. If I click it again I get 61. So no matter what I am at -2 from my expectation. Is this wai?

Also, how do you get 14-15 uses of power surge? The most I can get is 10 (with Verrik's).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retrodark View Post
    It states that it adds your charisma mod to your strength. I am still only lvl 22 and not fully geared yet, so I have a measly 29 charisma when click on divine might.

Here are my results when clicking on everything. I only have a base 40 strength atm.

Power Surge puts me at 51 strength and 35 charisma (this gives me a +12 char mod) I would expect to get 63 strength with divine might. I get 60. If I click it again I get 61. So no matter what I am at -2 from my expectation. Is this wai?

Also, how do you get 14-15 uses of power surge? The most I can get is 10 (with Verrik's).

Thanks
    Action Boosts: 5 + 3(LD) + 3(Fighter) + 2(Veriks) = 13. I can't tell in his screenshots how much he actually has, but thats 13 right there.

How does power surge give you +11 Str, and +6 CHA?

Do you have any Insightful Strength gear slotted? Divine Might is an Insightful bonus as well and does not stack.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Hey Cetussssssssssssssssss, I wanted to get your opinion on something;

I've got this idea for my next Ranger life, inspired somewhat by your build here. So far I'm looking at a 14Ranger/4Pali/2Monk split, going TWF instead of THF.

~Ara
    I'm sitting at 12/4/4 Ranger/Fighter/Paladin right now on Esharan. I'm reasonably satisfied with the dps and saves, and with the tempest line maxed out I basically have improved evasion as well. However, the dps is reduced from what it could be by having to put so many useless action points into the tempest line to unlock the improved evasion line.

I don't have the investment in saves that setusss does, so I was getting owned pretty hard by things in EE content that freedom would have mitigated. I'm looking next at going to 14/4/2 Ranger/Paladin/Fighter, and seeing how that works out.

I could also just aim for two paladin levels, and then twist in the turn undeads through the destiny line, but at the time I did my +20 LR, I hadn't bothered leveling the appropriate epic destiny further than tier 1. I'm still on a fence about if I want the 4 fighter levels or 4 paladin levels. But at this point I'm mainly using the fighter levels for haste boost, extra action points, and some of the lower kensai damage bonuses.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    I'm sitting at 12/4/4 Ranger/Fighter/Paladin right now on Esharan. I'm reasonably satisfied with the dps and saves, and with the tempest line maxed out I basically have improved evasion as well. However, the dps is reduced from what it could be by having to put so many useless action points into the tempest line to unlock the improved evasion line.

I don't have the investment in saves that setusss does, so I was getting owned pretty hard by things in EE content that freedom would have mitigated. I'm looking next at going to 14/4/2 Ranger/Paladin/Fighter, and seeing how that works out.

I could also just aim for two paladin levels, and then twist in the turn undeads through the destiny line, but at the time I did my +20 LR, I hadn't bothered leveling the appropriate epic destiny further than tier 1. I'm still on a fence about if I want the 4 fighter levels or 4 paladin levels. But at this point I'm mainly using the fighter levels for haste boost, extra action points, and some of the lower kensai damage bonuses.
    do the kensei weapon focus damage enhancements stack with the tempest 2wf damage enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    do the kensei weapon focus damage enhancements stack with the tempest 2wf damage enhancements?
    I'll let you know next time I respect my enhancements! But it let me take both lines.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast