Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tpbtoc View Post
    Have you considered Warforged/Bladeforged for this build? They have nice racial enhancements like: + fortification, + HP, + tactics, +saves, + damage and also weapon attachment (+0.5 weapon damage). They also have repair amplification but im not sure it´s good enough for self healing...
    To be honest its not worth it, the +weapon attachment isn't very good if you plan on using any scrolls. The fortification is nice with the extra con, but the human variant I am pretty sure can almost match me. And to be honest most of the time you will want +healing amp and not +repair amp, that way other divines can heal you more effectively. The best part tbh is the +saves you get and that is about it.

Edit: I also play a WF version of this build, so that is why I know some of these things

Founder

I find it hard to not take the 15% acrobatic speed boost that stacks with haste if you are doing a staff build. But then if paladin and monk are essential it comes down to +8 psionic strength (for tactics) vs 15% perma speed boost. You could hoard titan's grip gloves to make up for the loss of fighter?

I really like the build and thread but not sure the best way to do it on a 1st lifer... After reading the thread I came to the following thoughts that I wanted to verify...

For a first lifer starting with no gear would Sireth/Pinion be a reasonable end game target?

If so, in the short/medium term would the Villagers of Eveningstar Commendation staff 'Stout Oak Walking Stick' be a good stand in to join raids until Sireth can be acquired? What would be a good staff to get from the AH around level 15 (until you can get the 'Stout Oak Walking Stick' at level 20 if that is a decent option)?

Would Bow of Sinew &/or Bow of the Silver Flame be a good bow until Pinion can be acquired?

Never played monk with staff & curious what action point swaps would be recommended and what stat & feat changes would you recommend for a 1st life 32 point human with a set of +5 tomes?

Since the +5 tomes won't be applied till level 19 in this first life I will likely will eat a +1/+3 Int or +2/+4 Int while leveling to max skill points in the first life. Would other tomes will be required to get any feats while leveling?

Lastly should we drop the 'Zen Archery' Feat until the Ninja Dex for damage bug is fixed and if so what would you put in it's place?

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    I find it hard to not take the 15% acrobatic speed boost that stacks with haste if you are doing a staff build. But then if paladin and monk are essential it comes down to +8 psionic strength (for tactics) vs 15% perma speed boost. You could hoard titan's grip gloves to make up for the loss of fighter?
    I think the gloves are Exclusive so you could only carry 1. http://ddowiki.com/page/Gloves_of_Titan%27s_Grip

So I spent most of the evening playing with quarterstaffs, I respecced for it entirely and screwed around in EE stornhorns for a while.

I don't like it at all. The problem is that I spent too much time trying to do DPS rather than just...doing it.

Available "things" to do:

Momentum swing, lay waste, fists of iron, quick strike, every light casts a shadow, tensers, shadow veil, damage boost, haste boost,divine might ,power surge, rage, stunning blow, manyshot, backup boost

It got incredibly difficult to fluidly proceed with a rational attack process, I tried to keep the 25% doublestrike up as much as I can - and it requires that you land the hit, so if you miss or swing at the air you don't get it - and wait 20 seconds until you can try again. Its too much to keep track off, leaving some abilities alone, which means wasteful investment.

Furthermore, the action point situation was very unfriendly to this split. My healing amp took a major hit, and I lost 4 charisma due to loss of action boost and litany. The gear setup got crappy too, because permahaste on boots is nice - that had to go, and I suffer -2 to all my saves because of the charisma loss, and fort took another 2 point hit becuse of the con loss. Dex went odd, which was another -1 to reflex and ranged to hit. Seeker went down from 12 to 10 as well by equpping nether grasps in order to make back the profane strength. -4 charisma meant losing 2 strength which was 1 tactics.

Third, no glancing blow damage on the cleaves sucked. When fully blitzed, they become a significant source of damage and losing that isn't worthwhile.

Stout stick: With pulverizer and henshin, it becomes 17-20 x4, not 15-20. I guess having impact on tehre makes it get applied first, because then the 18 expansion came from monk and 17 from pulverizer.

Bottomline: Looks great on paper, not very good in practice. The ESOS remains my go to weapon...easily, all while retaining great healing amp, saves, and hitpoints.
    Last edited by Cetus; 09-10-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

When even Cetus says something is too much to keep track of, you really know it's too much to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    When even Cetus says something is too much to keep track of, you really know it's too much to keep track of.
    Heh, I don't claim perfect objectivity - but I tried hard. I used up most of my naga keys (except the back three, those are uncomfortable getting to) and with this split actually had to hotkey quick strike and the neg level attack to alt + 4 and alt +5. I already have 1/2/3 as my earth attacks and iron fist, and alt + 1, alt +2, and alt + 3 as my haste boost/ damage boost/ power surge. 4 and 5 are momentum swing and lay waste. 7/8 are heal scroll + amp stick equip/use and 9 is divine might, alt + 9 is backup damage boost, top button shadow veil. Now, I have alt 4 and alt 5 too....

After a couple days, probably would've gotten it down, even after about an hour I kinda had it semi-instinct; but the losses I incurred building for it are always going to be there, whereas the benefits I need to work for and don't always get to enjoy (quick strike for instance if it misses or whatever). Meh, not worthwhile.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Update:

Threw in a short EE end of the road zerg video
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    So I spent most of the evening playing with quarterstaffs, I respecced for it entirely and screwed around in EE stornhorns for a while.

I don't like it at all. The problem is that I spent too much time trying to do DPS rather than just...doing it.

Available "things" to do:

Momentum swing, lay waste, fists of iron, quick strike, every light casts a shadow, tensers, shadow veil, damage boost, haste boost,divine might ,power surge, rage, stunning blow, manyshot, backup boost

It got incredibly difficult to fluidly proceed with a rational attack process, I tried to keep the 25% doublestrike up as much as I can - and it requires that you land the hit, so if you miss or swing at the air you don't get it - and wait 20 seconds until you can try again. Its too much to keep track off, leaving some abilities alone, which means wasteful investment.

Furthermore, the action point situation was very unfriendly to this split. My healing amp took a major hit, and I lost 4 charisma due to loss of action boost and litany. The gear setup got crappy too, because permahaste on boots is nice - that had to go, and I suffer -2 to all my saves because of the charisma loss, and fort took another 2 point hit becuse of the con loss. Dex went odd, which was another -1 to reflex and ranged to hit. Seeker went down from 12 to 10 as well by equpping nether grasps in order to make back the profane strength. -4 charisma meant losing 2 strength which was 1 tactics.

Third, no glancing blow damage on the cleaves sucked. When fully blitzed, they become a significant source of damage and losing that isn't worthwhile.

Stout stick: With pulverizer and henshin, it becomes 17-20 x4, not 15-20. I guess having impact on tehre makes it get applied first, because then the 18 expansion came from monk and 17 from pulverizer.

Bottomline: Looks great on paper, not very good in practice. The ESOS remains my go to weapon...easily, all while retaining great healing amp, saves, and hitpoints.
    I am curious about your heal amp-- I didn't see any amp boosting items in your gearset, so, is the only amp you have the 30% from enhancements and 10% from ship?

The last one you posted where you were pure was a bit more impressive than the video you just posted, however that's also because your playstyle was completely different as well. Here you were just doing a fast run while there it was a full on smackdown blitzing setup.

That being said, it's definitely working out very well even if you aren't blitzing

Heh, I don't claim perfect objectivity - but I tried hard. I used up most of my naga keys (except the back three, those are uncomfortable getting to) and with this split actually had to hotkey quick strike and the neg level attack to alt + 4 and alt +5. I already have 1/2/3 as my earth attacks and iron fist, and alt + 1, alt +2, and alt + 3 as my haste boost/ damage boost/ power surge. 4 and 5 are momentum swing and lay waste. 7/8 are heal scroll + amp stick equip/use and 9 is divine might, alt + 9 is backup damage boost, top button shadow veil. Now, I have alt 4 and alt 5 too....
    Not even my Sorc uses so many hotkeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

I kinda saw this coming. Doing it on a cleric while healing 400 hp first lifers in EE was a unique experience - it's never happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    I am curious about your heal amp-- I didn't see any amp boosting items in your gearset, so, is the only amp you have the 30% from enhancements and 10% from ship?
    I believe he built a triple positive "heal amp stick" in the Vale that gives all the gear/item 30/20/10% bonuses (likely a Kama to remain centered) and has a weapon set to equip "heal scroll + amp stick" & then uses the scroll and then re-equips his main weapon. I think that is in part why he jumps out of combat to heal and uses that pause to check/reapply his buffs from time to time.
    Last edited by Nodoze; 09-11-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Nah, don't need any really. I don't really depend on a healer, so the occasional heal I do receive from one is already amped by 15% past life, 30% enhancements, and 10% ship buff - which is plenty for a heal spell - its not like they'll throw a cure light wounds on me when I'm pinched.

When I heal myself, instead of equipping a heal scroll, I equip a weapon set with a heal scroll and a 10/20/30 kama, no difference in the time it takes to heal, but I get max amp during my self heals - so 317 a scroll is what I get (can actually be 333 if I throw a point into first shintao core, but meh)
    YouTube Channel HERE

I see some other weapons on your bar... do you ever use them?

If I were to take my 6th level of Monk at 20 instead of 19 (so that I could take my 2nd pally level earlier and boost my saves), would that screw anything up?

Update:

Threw in a short EE end of the road zerg video
    Gratz really nice thx for sharing

Edit: It is nice to land on the spikes and take no dmg now
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

If I were to take my 6th level of Monk at 20 instead of 19 (so that I could take my 2nd pally level earlier and boost my saves), would that screw anything up?
    Nope, it makes no difference. As long as you can spend the level6 monk feat on zen archery, you're good to go.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Nope, it makes no difference. As long as you can spend the level6 monk feat on zen archery, you're good to go.
    Is the Ninja Spy dex to damage bug still overiding Strength for centered weapons hurting ranged damage? Do the benefits of being centered with Bow way off set the loss of Strength to bow damage or would it be better to skip zen archery for now until this is fixed?

OP Updated:

Screenshot of EE What Goes Up: Flawless Solo, no re-entries, no store items of any kind...etc

This was amazingly fun and amazingly difficult - I conserved boosts the best I can, and I still went dry throughout the end fight - manyshot was ridiculously useful.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast