Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 431
  1. #1
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,745

    Default U19 Fighter Build: Cetus

    Cetus: Completionist Human 12 Fighter/6 Monk/2 Paladin

    Note: This build is designed for advanced players who desire effectiveness in epic elite content. It is also centered around +5 tomes for the purposes of meeting stat requirements.


    Class Progression: First, Second, and Sixth monk levels are the only important ones, since they receive feats at those levels.

    Starting Stats: Strength: 18, Dexterity: 12, Constitution: 14, Intelligence: 8, Wisdom: 8, Charisma: 16

    Feats

    12 Fighter = 7 Feats. Human = 8 feats. 6 Monk = 3 Feats. Epic feats = 3 Feats. 8 + 7 + 3 + 3 = 21 Feats.

    Add 2 Destiny feats + Paladin Deity + Monk light/dark path = 25 total feat decisions.

    Ranged:

    1. Improved Critical: Ranged
    2. Weapon Focus: Ranged
    3. Bow Strength
    4. Manyshot (much later when +5 Dex tome kicks in)
    5. Point Blank Shot
    6. Rapid Shot
    7. Zen Archery (should be taken as level 6 monk class feat when +5 Wisdom kicks in at level 19 for the 13 wisdom requirement)

    Melee:

    8. Power Attack (Should be taken as Level 1 or 2 Monk class feat)
    9. Two Handed Fighting (Should be taken as Level 1 or 2 Monk Class feat)
    10. Improved Two Handed Fighting
    11. Greater Two handed fighting
    12. Weapon focus: Slashing
    13. Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing
    14. Weapon Specialization: Slashing
    15. Improved Critical: Slashing
    16. Cleave
    17. Great Cleave
    18. Overwhelming Critical
    19. Stunning Blow

    Other:

    20. Completionist
    21. Master of Forms (Adept is granted at level 6 monk, so this will occupy an epic feat slot)
    22. Paladin: Follower of the Silver Flame
    23. Monk: Light Path
    24. Level 26: Perfect Two handed fighting
    25. Level 28: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting - 5% doublestrike for main hand weapon

    Skills: All Levelup skills into UMD, Balance, Concentration, leftover points into whatever you want

    Twists:

    Bane Of Undeath
    Dance of Flowers
    Brace for Impact

    Enhancements:

    Kensei:

    -All Cores for Power Surge
    -Extra Action boost 3
    -Haste Boost 3
    -One with the blade (this means all weapon specializations, alacrity, tier 1 meditation, deadly whatever (this ability is not used in this build), and shattering whatever (this ability is also not used in this build)).
    -Tactics 3
    -Strength 1

    35 AP

    Ninja Spy:

    -All cores toward Shadow Veil
    -Three tiers of Sneak Attack Training
    -Acrobatic 2
    -Agility 3
    -Fists of Iron
    -Ninja Poison

    18 AP

    Human:

    -Damage boost core
    -Strength Stat core
    -Action Surge: Strength +3
    -Action Surge Charisma +3
    -Action Surge Constitution +3
    -Improved Recovery tier 1, Improved Recovery tier 3, and Improved Recovery tier 4

    18 AP

    Knight of the Chalice

    -First Core
    -Extra turning 3
    -Extra smite 1 (dump point)
    -Divine Might 2

    9 AP

    Gear:

    Note: This setup is subject to change, feel free to critique it if a better alternative emerges. I haven't calibrated the stats yet, so its a work in progress. Below is the setup that this build is running with/will be running with for the most part.

    Necklace: EE Stolen Necklace w/ Insightful +2 Charisma Slotted, Charisma +10
    Helmet:: EE Black Dragon Helmet w/ +3 Insightful Constitution Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood Green Slot: Good Luck +2
    Goggles: Deadly X of Resistance +10
    Armor: Flawless Black Dragonscale robe: Slotted PRR +14
    Bracer: Skirmisher's Bracers: Dexterity +9 and Doublestrike +8%
    Ring 1: EE Consuming Darkness: Heavy Fortification, Combat Mastery +5, Seeker +12
    Ring 2: Seal of Dun'Robar: Stunning +10
    Boots: EE Goatskin Boots w/ Constitution +8, Yellow Slot: +2 insightful Dexterity, Green Slot: Wisdom +7
    Gloves: EE Backstabber's Gloves: Sneak Attack +5, Exceptional Sneak attack +3, Improved Deception, Bluff +20, Yellow Slot: Vitality +20
    Belt: Ogre Power +10 Belt of False life 45
    Cloak: Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf: Exceptional Seeker +5, Attack bonus +4
    Trinket: Litany of the Dead

    Weapon: Epic Sword of Shadows: Red Slot: ML24 Acid Augment, Colorless: Insightful +2 Wisdom

    Still Looking to get:

    Deadly XI of Resistance 10 Goggles
    Ogre Power 11 of False Life 50 Belt
    ML 28 Acid Augment
    PRR 16 Augment

    Few metagame tricks:

    1. Upon zoning into quest, wear Verik's necklace instead of EE Stolen necklace, Replace Adamantine cloak of the wolf with Charisma 10 cloak with slot, place +2 Insightful 2 Cha in slot.

    Once 2 boosts are used, switch for Cloak of the wolf + Stolen Necklace.

    2. When Manyshotting, replace Litany with a prowess trinket for Artifact bonus to damage

    3. Before shrining, use power surge. The extra added charisma from the action surge enhancement (human) generates 2 extra divine mights after shrining is complete.

    4. Against assassins, it is useful to pick up a Fortification 125% of Seeker +10 Ring. Substitute that in for consuming darkness, wear Adamantine Cloak of the Bear for Combat Mastery +6 in cloak slot.

    This means: Lose 7 Seeker, Gain 25% Fortification and 1 Tactics DC. Worthwhile defensive move when many assassins are around.



    End Stats fully buffed with yugo pots/rage/Fire finisher


    Click Thumbnail, and then the lower right magnifying glass twice for much higher resolution image:


    140% fort (165% with swap) against assassins
    18% Doublestrike
    71 Reflex
    76 Fortitude
    58 Will
    1058 Hitpoints (without greensteel)
    26 PRR
    86 Strength

    Stunning Blow DC:

    38 Modifier + Stunning +10 + Combat Mastery +5 + LD +6 + 10 Base + 3 Past lives + 3 Enhancement = 75 in full DPS mode

    Adamantine Cloak of Bear = 76

    Someone helps with Primal scream = 77

    Once Strength +11 Belt is acquired, pick up Kensei Strength 2 = 78

    Achievements:

    EE What Goes Up Flawless Solo:





    Videos

    Was farming nether grasps earlier today, decided to record one of em just for the hell of it. Just a throw away video of me zerging an EE end of the road completion, good comparison for the one I did several months ago when I was pure.



    End fight of EE What Goes Up:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksnVhN822rg
    Last edited by Cetus; 12-12-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  2. #2
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Just a question on your thinking, monk provides some very nice additions with earth stance and evasion, other than dps does the barb path offer anything for survival? I haven't looked at the barb tree's closely and you seem to know what you're talking about with fighters so I'm curious.

  3. #3
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Just a question on your thinking, monk provides some very nice additions with earth stance and evasion, other than dps does the barb path offer anything for survival? I haven't looked at the barb tree's closely and you seem to know what you're talking about with fighters so I'm curious.
    Got carried away on lamannia, I'll update this thread tomorrow.

    For survivability, all barb would give is improved uncanny dodge. Monk is undoubtedly much more survivable however.

    the reason for the barb split is for 3 reasons. 1) +3 Action boosts cheap (only 1 AP per) 2) Sprint boost 3) Supreme cleave.

    Supreme cleave keeps momentum swings going for much longer - its pretty much always available when I played with it, and blitz charges in like half the time.

    So, sprint boost + super fast blitz charge = Lots of fun
    Last edited by Cetus; 08-17-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  4. #4
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    It's kind of sad you won't be a pure Fighter any longer.

    EDIT**
    Also, I'm completely clueless about the enhancements right now, could you explain the cleric levels?
    Cause I'm just drawing a giant *** trying to figure that out. Lol
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    It's kind of sad you won't be a pure Fighter any longer.

    EDIT**
    Also, I'm completely clueless about the enhancements right now, could you explain the cleric levels?
    Cause I'm just drawing a giant *** trying to figure that out. Lol
    Divine Might

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    778

    Default

    I do understand its offtopic, but may I ask for advice, since Cetus has a good reputation for Ftrs?

    I am trying to put together a good TWF bastard sword dualwielding Ftr right now, possibly with evasion.
    I will use Nightmares, Fallen Moons, so number of offhand procs and fast attack rate is prolly my best choice.

    1. How many Ftr levels are really needed? I kinda get lost, I admit.
    2. Prolly go with monk for the stance - I see everyone talking about earth stance, is there particular reason? I personally thought about air stance for faster att and doublestrike. Btw, cant find it yet - stane seems not to be improved via enchantement anymore (adept - grandmaster), where do I get them?

  7. #7

    Default

    Not going pure fighter!? Sigh, I can't blame you. It's a shame what has become of us. Good luck with the new build.
    Katavina Leagond - Cannith

  8. #8
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Cetussssssss multiclassing: the end of an era. Tell me when you update this. I'm leveling my fighter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    12/6/2 will definitely be the way to go. Monk for ac/dodge/stance. fighter for Kensei, Cleric for wand whipping and Emp Heal for cocoon. All with a million cleaves and Dance of Flowers using a centered weapon.

  10. #10
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Cetussssssss multiclassing: the end of an era. Tell me when you update this. I'm leveling my fighter!
    Heh Right? It just feels wrong.

    Also, the amount of doom I feel when I see you're leveling anything other than your gimp sorc. *shivers*
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  11. #11
    Community Member cdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Really interested to see this build. Wondering about the cleric over druid.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Really interested to see this build. Wondering about the cleric over druid.
    1 level of cleric seems really good for any build with sufficiently high charisma:

    - divine might with the turn undead feat to enable its use (7 ap)
    - +75% wand/scroll mastery (4 ap)

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    1 level of cleric seems really good for any build with sufficiently high charisma:

    - divine might with the turn undead feat to enable its use (7 ap)
    - +75% wand/scroll mastery (4 ap)
    Vader build.

    Cleric is only for wand/scroll mastery. Divine Might takes up too many ap for too little gain.

  14. #14
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Vader build.

    Cleric is only for wand/scroll mastery. Divine Might takes up too many ap for too little gain.
    46 Charisma on my projected build, 48 with a store pot, 50 with alchemical (I have like 100+ of these pots).

    So, a 46 sustainable cha = +18 strength

    A 50 = +20.

    Also, its tier 1. Less AP than on pally where you have to waste 4 AP to get to tier 2 just to pick it up.

    +75% scroll mastery on human with healing amp 530-560 a heal scroll depending on how many tiers. Max with 1 point in 5% healing amp core in monk line = 582 per heal scroll with three pally past lives.

    Very good gain.
    Last edited by Cetus; 08-19-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    46 Charisma on my projected build, 48 with a store pot, 50 with alchemical (I have like 100+ of these pots).

    So, a 46 sustainable cha = +18 strength

    A 50 = +20.

    Also, its tier 1. Less AP than on pally where you have to waste 4 AP to get to tier 2 just to pick it up.

    +75% scroll mastery on human with healing amp 530-560 a heal scroll depending on how many tiers. Max with 1 point in 5% healing amp core in monk line = 582 per heal scroll with three pally past lives.

    Very good gain.
    46 sustainable means your other stats are badly hurting. An extra 18 str would be beautiful if not for being deficient to begin with.

    Divine Might now is like buy1get1's at the grocery store. Looks great at first glance until you realize the regular price is twice what you normally pay anyways. I don't see it being worth it at all.

  16. #16
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    46 sustainable means your other stats are badly hurting. An extra 18 str would be beautiful if not for being deficient to begin with.

    Divine Might now is like buy1get1's at the grocery store. Looks great at first glance until you realize the regular price is twice what you normally pay anyways. I don't see it being worth it at all.
    14 base
    5 tome
    2 completionist
    2 ship
    11 item
    1 exceptional
    3 insightful
    2 yugo
    =
    40 cha

    I'm sure I'm missing things that could be grabbed too so i don't see 46 as out of the question.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Divine Might now is like buy1get1's at the grocery store. Looks great at first glance until you realize the regular price is twice what you normally pay anyways. I don't see it being worth it at all.
    Not worth it? At 46 CHA he'd be getting virtually permanent +18 STR, equates to +9 att/dam and +9 tactics dc. Can't think of many STR based builds that wouldn't jump at the chance to trade 7 AP for +9 att/dam/dc. And actually with that high a number of turns to fuel it he doesn't even need to spend all 7, maybe just 5 for the 60 second version...
    Last edited by hit_fido; 08-19-2013 at 05:32 AM.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    14 base
    5 tome
    2 completionist
    2 ship
    11 item
    1 exceptional
    3 insightful
    2 yugo
    =
    40 cha

    I'm sure I'm missing things that could be grabbed too so i don't see 46 as out of the question.
    Fitting in 1 exceptional, 3 insightful, and 11 enhancement charisma makes for less than desirable equipment layouts. I'm pretty sure the str gained from DM is insightful also so that item can be done away with, which helps a little. And on the 12/6/2 build completionist is a feat that doesn't really fit unless you're heavily gimping defense and dps (no dodge feats/whirlwind) or general dps feats that are considerably better anyways. Not to mention starting with 14 base charisma.

    I think you'll find Divine Might to be more flavor rather than effective.

    I'll be TR'ing into a 12fighter/6monk/2cleric Vader build. Sans Divine Might of course. Getting max dodge%, Master of Forms for stances, Whirlwind for a 4th massive AOE, plus the full cleave/2HF line is considerably better. Momentum Swing and Adrenalin makes stunning blow pretty useless.

  19. #19
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Fitting in 1 exceptional, 3 insightful, and 11 enhancement charisma makes for less than desirable equipment layouts. I'm pretty sure the str gained from DM is insightful also so that item can be done away with, which helps a little. And on the 12/6/2 build completionist is a feat that doesn't really fit unless you're heavily gimping defense and dps (no dodge feats/whirlwind) or general dps feats that are considerably better anyways. Not to mention starting with 14 base charisma.

    I think you'll find Divine Might to be more flavor rather than effective.

    I'll be TR'ing into a 12fighter/6monk/2cleric Vader build. Sans Divine Might of course. Getting max dodge%, Master of Forms for stances, Whirlwind for a 4th massive AOE, plus the full cleave/2HF line is considerably better. Momentum Swing and Adrenalin makes stunning blow pretty useless.
    Strongly disagree with this entire post. Some of it is inconsistent too (eg., momentum swing making stunning blow useless, huh?)

    Also, how's 1 exc charisma a problem? Globe covers that.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Strongly disagree with this entire post. Some of it is inconsistent too (eg., momentum swing making stunning blow useless, huh?)

    Also, how's 1 exc charisma a problem? Globe covers that.
    I suppose I should have said 'Momentum Swing (or any aoe) ON Adrenalin' but figured it was obvious. Also Globe covers only 1 of the charisma boosters.

    I think in the end however a Divine Might build would be fun and effective. I mean, seems to me the enhancement pass in general was to make flavor builds work better. Hopefully it does.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload