Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Hey,

So..why are you going with 14 ranger? Forget FOM spell, and instead just move up 4 monk so you can acquire ninja poison DOT and no mercy tiers if you find AP's for it. But..at that point you might as well just sacrifice a turn undead twist, drop to 2 pally and go 6 monk for 2 extra feats (since adept is free now) and pick up shadow fade as well.

Your stunning blow will probably be good enough for casters, and maybe assassins, but it won't be good enough to reliably get orcs or giants.

As far as LOH goes, I'm sitting with one as an emergency for now. If you can get more in via the defender line, do it if you can program it as an "oh sh!t" button, but the AP will most likely be better spent elsewhere.
    Well, FOM was part of it, but a EMp:heal/quickened CSW was also a large reason for 14 Ranger. Not needed, but I was thinking to make a Ranger version of the Pyrene, well, a TWF version anyways. The main thing I'm taking from your build is the idea to add DM on a non Cha based class and make it truly effective.

I've considered a deeper Monk splash but unless I'm mistaken I can't use the Ninja poison DOT, and the forms unless I'm centered. Which would designate using Shortsword, or going WSS. Shortsword route wouldn't be to day, but I think it would be too similar to what I had last life, and I was looking for something a bit different. I'm just looking for function within the flavor. Lol Plus when Prep asked for the build he wanted something that could self heal.

Well, that's better than I expected. I was guessing that it would work up till EEGH, but would fall off when facing the higher fort mobs like Giants and Hobgoblins. Haven't played a toon with Stunning Blow yet past level 20 so wasn't too sure what was effective and what was not.

I'll keep that in mind; probably start out with 4 see how that goes, and drop 1 or 2 if they're not as useful as they seem.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Well, FOM was part of it, but a EMp:heal/quickened CSW was also a large reason for 14 Ranger. Not needed, but I was thinking to make a Ranger version of the Pyrene, well, a TWF version anyways. The main thing I'm taking from your build is the idea to add DM on a non Cha based class and make it truly effective.

I've considered a deeper Monk splash but unless I'm mistaken I can't use the Ninja poison DOT, and the forms unless I'm centered. Which would designate using Shortsword, or going WSS. Shortsword route wouldn't be to day, but I think it would be too similar to what I had last life, and I was looking for something a bit different. I'm just looking for function within the flavor. Lol Plus when Prep asked for the build he wanted something that could self heal.

Well, that's better than I expected. I was guessing that it would work up till EEGH, but would fall off when facing the higher fort mobs like Giants and Hobgoblins. Haven't played a toon with Stunning Blow yet past level 20 so wasn't too sure what was effective and what was not.

I'll keep that in mind; probably start out with 4 see how that goes, and drop 1 or 2 if they're not as useful as they seem.
    Well, the main difference is 4 tactics from power surge and 3 enhancement = 7. If you pick up epic tactician and use titan grip gloves sometimes then you can close 5 of those points.

If you don't have triple fighter past lives however, then you're screwed.

In any case, once titan grips run out you won't have it perfect, but some of the time it'll land. You'll never get an orc or a gaint. Thats what I meant.

Maybe pick up a race that gives you a tactics line to compensate for the loss of fighter tactics.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Well, the main difference is 4 tactics from power surge and 3 enhancement = 7. If you pick up epic tactician and use titan grip gloves sometimes then you can close 5 of those points.
    If you don't have triple fighter past lives however, then you're screwed.
    In any case, once titan grips run out you won't have it perfect, but some of the time it'll land. You'll never get an orc or a gaint. Thats what I meant.
    Maybe pick up a race that gives you a tactics line to compensate for the loss of fighter tactics.
    Well, depending on how I do my enhancements, I could pick up 2 more Str from Tempest tree for +1, Epic Tactician for +2, and instead of splashing monk I could splash 2 fighter; that would give me fighter tactics. So that would make up 6 points+ Titan's Grip when it's active.(Although Titan's doesn't really seem worth the effort just for the stuns and would probably be better used with manyshot..)

I've been on the fence about 2 Monk vs 2 Fighter splash.

The main difference would be 5% Heal Amp, 10 Positive Spellpower, 2 Sneak Attack die, 2% Dodge from Monk splash.
    +1 To hit, +3 Action Boosts, +3 Tactics.

Monk seems to be the better deal, but +3 Tactics and +3 Actions boosts look really nice.

Well, depending on how I do my enhancements, I could pick up 2 more Str from Tempest tree for +1, Epic Tactician for +2, and instead of splashing monk I could splash 2 fighter; that would give me fighter tactics. So that would make up 6 points+ Titan's Grip when it's active.(Although Titan's doesn't really seem worth the effort just for the stuns and would probably be better used with manyshot..)

I've been on the fence about 2 Monk vs 2 Fighter splash.

The main difference would be 5% Heal Amp, 10 Positive Spellpower, 2 Sneak Attack die, 2% Dodge from Monk splash.
    +1 To hit, +3 Action Boosts, +3 Tactics.

Monk seems to be the better deal, but +3 Tactics and +3 Actions boosts look really nice.
    yea its kind've a coin toss, except I value evasion (I'm shocked at myself for this, evasion was always overrated in my mind until this new stuff) in EE endgame stuff, ice elly otilukes suck, and with the pally levels you'll have a pretty sexy reflex save.
    YouTube Channel HERE

yea its kind've a coin toss, except I value evasion (I'm shocked at myself for this, evasion was always overrated in my mind until this new stuff) in EE endgame stuff, ice elly otilukes suck, and with the pally levels you'll have a pretty sexy reflex save.
    Well, I get Evasion at Ranger level 9, so theres that.

Well, I get Evasion at Ranger level 9, so theres that.
    oh yea

brain fart
    YouTube Channel HERE

oh yea

brain fart
    Heh, you'd be surprised how many people either forget, or just simply don't know that.
    I've seen 18/2 builds that people make to splash for evasion. /facepalm

I've seen 18/2 builds that people make to splash for evasion. /facepalm
    All the time. I don't even try reason with them any more, I just smile and say enjoy :\

I have another question:

Say you weren't going to involve manyshot-- if you were to take 6 monk at level 18, would you be able to pick up Master of Forms at 18 as well?

Community Member

I am looking this over and wondering what your breakdown is to hit 40 UMD for heal scrolls.

I might be missing something but not being a class skill kinda hurts doesn't it?

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dxtr10101 View Post
    I am looking this over and wondering what your breakdown is to hit 40 UMD for heal scrolls.

I might be missing something but not being a class skill kinda hurts doesn't it?
    Here is his likely UMD: 47 to 49 (11 ranks +8 epic levels +3 Competence Skills (Bunny hat) +2 luck +4 morale (Greater Heroism) +1 profane (spider mask), +15 (unbuffed) or 17 (buffed) charisma modifier +2 completionist +1 arty past life)

Additional boosts could come from skill tomes (+1 or +2) and the fire finisher (+2). Not that there is any need for this build to use them, but there is 9 more potential points available between Enhancement items (epic spyglass, epic top hat) and Exceptional items (Green steel).
    Last edited by Andoris; 09-24-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Community Member

I would imagine it is something like this

11 Ranks
    17 Stat
    2 Good lucky
    4 GH
    1 Mask
    2 If light monk fire finisher
    37 Right there, multiple ways to get that last +3 especially for human.

Edit: Forgot Epic skill, which I believe gives 8 more? I could be wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    I have another question:

Say you weren't going to involve manyshot-- if you were to take 6 monk at level 18, would you be able to pick up Master of Forms at 18 as well?
    Anybody know the answer to this? I need to know before I bite the bullet and use a lesser heart.

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Anybody know the answer to this? I need to know before I bite the bullet and use a lesser heart.
    Yes you can (I did it the other day), but you need to use the general feat for it. Master of Forms is not a monk feat.

I'm sitting at a 49 UMD buffed, this doesn't include any UMD +3 item nor a skills item.

11 Ranks

17 Mod (44 cha)

3 Arti Past life

2 completionist

8 epic

1 spider cult

1 Tome

4 gh

2 luck

If you want, +3 bunny hat or spare hand

+6 skills

YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

This build has evolved nicely since the original post was made. That badly needed to happen of course.

The issue I have with a build like this is it's mostly bs. 99.99% of the playing community would never even begin to put this much real money into the game. All the tomes, the paid for gear, the awful expansion, the million+ hours of time spent.

A build like this with a huge thread that has followed should absolutely be the epitome of what P2W can get you. Unfortunately there are many other builds that are better and far more time/cost effective which really makes this the epitome of P2S, Pay 2 Stagnate.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    This build has evolved nicely since the original post was made. That badly needed to happen of course.

The issue I have with a build like this is it's mostly bs. 99.99% of the playing community would never even begin to put this much real money into the game. All the tomes, the paid for gear, the awful expansion, the million+ hours of time spent.

A build like this with a huge thread that has followed should absolutely be the epitome of what P2W can get you. Unfortunately there are many other builds that are better and far more time/cost effective which really makes this the epitome of P2S, Pay 2 Stagnate.
    Evidence for your P2W claims would strengthen your position, you have provided none other than the expansion - which is generic to any build created in light of the most recent additions; and thus isn't specific to this build at all.

The current player density observed within endgame suggests that a lot more than 00.01% of the community payed for the expansion. That is the only aspect of this build that required any monetary investment.

Which builds are better? Let alone the "many", mind you.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Name a better fighter build. Seriously nothing in the base is p2w as tomes do in fact drop and aren't store only. Time cost yes omg a player that's played for a long time has better stuff, doesn't that just kind of make sense? Sure does to me.

I'm beginning to notice you are one of the most ignorant posters on these forums; and that's really, really saying something.
    You genuinely have no idea what-so-ever what it is you're talking about, do you?

How is anything about this build P2W?
    What was purchased with RL money, with the exception of Expansions/VIP?
    What other builds are better? How are they more time/cost effective?

I'd also like to point out the idea of Cetusssssss, P2Wing DDO is pretty hilarious.
    I mean, sure he sucks at DDO, but he still had 30 lives done on his Fighter before Otto's ever came out. ;p

I mean, sure he sucks at DDO, but he still had 30 lives done on his Fighter before Otto's ever came out. ;p
    I'm pretty sure I saw him listing completionist before bravery bonus came out.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast