Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Hero

Nice job man! So sick!

Gratz, very impressive solo WGU for melee!

p.s. sad that my guildie didn't made screens of his flawless solo ee wgu 10 days ago by his monkcher )) and he dropped game for a time after that
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Community Member

With dexterity so low, wouldn't bow to-hit suffer quite a lot?

Really like this build. U19 killed the last enjoyment I was getting out of my 18 barb 2 fighter and am going to switch him around after 7 years. I am thinking the best way would be to LR +20 him into fighter 20, do an alignment change and then LR +5 and LR +3 to take the monk and pally levels.

Kind of complicated, anyone see a better way to do this?
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Default Omg!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Really like this build. U19 killed the last enjoyment I was getting out of my 18 barb 2 fighter and am going to switch him around after 7 years. I am thinking the best way would be to LR +20 him into fighter 20, do an alignment change and then LR +5 and LR +3 to take the monk and pally levels.

Kind of complicated, anyone see a better way to do this?
    There isn't realistically....

BTW just for the purpose of bytchin out Cetus, I am gonna post my f-up!!

So, Start build: Buy alignment change 595 TP. Cross fingers and start the +20 LR.....
    1st feat selected.....Weapon focus range, 2nd feat...hmm Rapid shot (tryn to get my ranged stuff outta the way). 3rd feat...hmm guess this one doesn't matter.....PA....AND HERE IS MY F-UP....there is no way to go back. In order to optimize the build feats for all of you out there like me who can't build worth a ****...REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING: monk feats MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST BE: POWER ATTACK, TWO HANDED FIGHTING, & ZEN ARCHERY....otherwise you are gonna loose something because of all the other garbage the Devs call Monk Feats!!!

So now I get to sit on the shelf for a week until I can fix the problem....

So, perhaps instead of listing the feats, a progression woulda helped an idiot like myself....thank you

So Cetus, all you have managed to do was delay ur nerf 1 week....this build is as good as made...Nerf to follow

The Bytcher~

Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    There isn't realistically....

BTW just for the purpose of bytchin out Cetus, I am gonna post my f-up!!

So, Start build: Buy alignment change 595 TP. Cross fingers and start the +20 LR.....
    1st feat selected.....Weapon focus range, 2nd feat...hmm Rapid shot (tryn to get my ranged stuff outta the way). 3rd feat...hmm guess this one doesn't matter.....PA....AND HERE IS MY F-UP....there is no way to go back. In order to optimize the build feats for all of you out there like me who can't build worth a ****...REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING: monk feats MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST BE: POWER ATTACK, TWO HANDED FIGHTING, & ZEN ARCHERY....otherwise you are gonna loose something because of all the other garbage the Devs call Monk Feats!!!

So now I get to sit on the shelf for a week until I can fix the problem....

So, perhaps instead of listing the feats, a progression woulda helped an idiot like myself....thank you

So Cetus, all you have managed to do was delay ur nerf 1 week....this build is as good as made...Nerf to follow

The Bytcher~
    Bah you nub

I have the monk designations written next to those three feats!
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Bah you nub

I have the monk designations written next to those three feats!
    I had it all wrote out somehow I missed the monk on PA....ghhhhh

The Bytcher ~

Do you ever swap out eSOS to bypass DR, or just power through always? Same thing with Pinion?

How does the math work for the crit range?

Does it go 18-20 base, then your reduction bonuses from Keen Edge/Fists of Iron, THEN your Improved Critical feat? So 18-20 minus two, so 16-20, which is a 4 crit range, doubled for the feat, is 8? Meaning 12-20?
    Last edited by djl; 09-15-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Do you ever swap out eSOS to bypass DR, or just power through always? Same thing with Pinion?
    I swap em out if I have multiple weapons, I went with a damaging augment first since I seldom encounter stuff with DR, if I get a second one - I'll slot good on it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    How does the math work for the crit range?

Does it go 18-20 base, then your reduction bonuses from Keen Edge/Fists of Iron, THEN your Improved Critical feat? So 18-20 minus two, so 16-20, which is a 4 crit range, doubled for the feat, is 8? Meaning 12-20?
    Almost

So its 18-20 base, and the fighter alacrity adds to it before improved critical applies. So its 17-20 ---> 13-20. Fists of Iron adds one more on top of that, at the end making it 12-20.

If you double 16-20, you'd get 11-20.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I swap em out if I have multiple weapons, I went with a damaging augment first since I seldom encounter stuff with DR, if I get a second one - I'll slot good on it or something.

Almost

So its 18-20 base, and the fighter alacrity adds to it before improved critical applies. So its 17-20 ---> 13-20. Fists of Iron adds one more on top of that, at the end making it 12-20.

If you double 16-20, you'd get 11-20.
    My mistake was that I was not including the 17 into my math. 17, 18, 19, 20 is 4, so x2 is 8. 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Also, I wonder how good that neg level aug will be. Theoretically, it would be pretty nice for EE content as 1 neg level can be several thousand HP. But, only 5% chance.

My mistake was that I was not including the 17 into my math. 17, 18, 19, 20 is 4, so x2 is 8. 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Also, I wonder how good that neg level aug will be. Theoretically, it would be pretty nice for EE content as 1 neg level can be several thousand HP. But, only 5% chance.
    Excuse me wait WHAT??

Community Member

First off, some really great discussion here on the merits of saves/CC for newer EEs, especially as people highlight the different directions between Carpone's and this build.

Massive thank yous, as ever, to Cetus for the work on this so far.

Attempting to convert this into something vaguely useful for a First life build is incredibly difficult however (Assuming gear can be farmed regardless)

I'm guessing the ranged component goes out of the window for a 32 point build - shall we assume +4 Tomes max? I lose track of what is "easy" to obtain anymore.

How viable does this look without the PLs and +5 Tomes, perhaps dedicating more feats and build points to higher saves and Stunning Blow DC? I'm really not keen to go for ranged on a non-Fury build at this time. Personal preference of course, but I'm keen to see just how close a first life can get to this builds power. I see the 15% heal amp/3 tactics as being the main loss, which are pretty much irreplaceable?

On another note.. <3 that Augment. I fear it'll make TWF w/max Doublestrike the new pursuit for trash killing however

Hi,

Could someone with a knowledge please post a leveling template (with classes and feats - ability and feat Prerequisites taken in consideration) ?

I will be trying out this build - as the 3rd life - starting level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneell View Post
    Hi,

Could someone with a knowledge please post a leveling template (with classes and feats - ability and feat Prerequisites taken in consideration) ?

I will be trying out this build - as the 3rd life - starting level 1.

The follow conditions must be met, if you follow the stat build layout here of 18 strength, 12 dex, 14 con, 8 wis, 8 int, and 16 charisma:

Your first two levels of monk need to be taken early (ideally, at 1 and 2 so you have evasion your whole life) because you have to use those two monk feats for Power Attack and THF, which are both prerequisites for other abilities (Cleave/Great Cleave and ITHF/GTHF, respectively). And your 19th or 20th levels must be fighter and monk, does not matter what order. This is because you rely on +5 tomes applying at level 19 to meet feat requirements for Manyshot and Zen Archery. Manyshot will be your last fighter bonus feat at 12 fighter, and Zen Archery will be your third monk bonus feat at 6 monk. I do not believe it matters if you take fighter or monk first at those levels, as long as your last level of fighter and monk falls on either of those levels.

I built it slightly different as I chose to not involve the manyshot aspect until I get a decent bow, but I screwed it up by taking my fighter levels too early. I have 18 str, 14 dex, 14 con, 8 wis, 8 int, and 15 cha. I would be okay lessering to feat swap for the ranger feats, if I left my stats the same. But, if I wanted to do the exact build Cetus used with 16 cha and 12 dex (which, I do once I get a +6 charisma tome), I would have to use a +3 heart to swap my 12th fighter level with my 4th or 5th monk level, so that I can satisfy the 19 and 20 requirements.

(which, I do once I get a +6 charisma tome), I would have to use a +3 heart to swap my 12th fighter level with my 4th or 5th monk level, so that I can satisfy the 19 and 20 requirements.
    I'd advise against getting the +6 charisma tome, get the +6 strength tome instead and just bring your strength down from 18 --> 17 if you want to pump your charisma.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Hey Cetussssssssssssssssss, I wanted to get your opinion on something;

I've got this idea for my next Ranger life, inspired somewhat by your build here. So far I'm looking at a 14Ranger/4Pali/2Monk split, going TWF instead of THF.

Now, my questions are concerning the pali levels. I'm looking at a 40 Charisma fully buffed, as of right now. 42 if I ever get Yugo pots.
    Is this worth adding to my build? I believe it would be, but I've yet to actually play a Pali of any kind so I'm not too sure how well it would work in practical use.

I'll also be running about a 48-52 str depending on how much of my gear I feel like redoing. Given this, if I splashed 2 Fighter instead of 2 Monk, would it be possible to get a workable stunning blow DC for EE's? I would expect to drop it by the time I get to level 28(Since at that point it would be better to be dual wielding Balizarde than the Drow Khopesh I'll be using.), but up to that point?

Is it worth getting more than the 1 LOH the split gives? I can put 4 AP into the Defender tree and grab 3 extra LOH's. But again, I'm not sure exactly how these work; Are the affected by pos spellpower? How effective would they be with only 4 Pali levels? What about heal amp?

Anyways, thanks. My guinea pig for this build(Prep) thanks you as well.

~Ara
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post

Is it worth getting more than the 1 LOH the split gives? I can put 4 AP into the Defender tree and grab 3 extra LOH's. But again, I'm not sure exactly how these work; Are the affected by pos spellpower? How effective would they be with only 4 Pali levels? What about heal amp?

~Ara
    ( 10 + Paladin level ) x Charisma modifier, so 224 for your /4 pally with 42 cha before amp. Healing amp, pally levels and charisma are the only things that affect it.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    ( 10 + Paladin level ) x Charisma modifier, so 224 for your /4 pally with 42 cha before amp. Healing amp, pally levels and charisma are the only things that affect it.
    Oh, thanks! I guess It's alright then.. Although I'm not sure now if I should bother putting the points there or putting the in the Tempest/AA trees instead. Although, I'm looking at quite a bit of amp, so...Hmm.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Hey Cetussssssssssssssssss, I wanted to get your opinion on something;

I've got this idea for my next Ranger life, inspired somewhat by your build here. So far I'm looking at a 14Ranger/4Pali/2Monk split, going TWF instead of THF.

Now, my questions are concerning the pali levels. I'm looking at a 40 Charisma fully buffed, as of right now. 42 if I ever get Yugo pots.
    Is this worth adding to my build? I believe it would be, but I've yet to actually play a Pali of any kind so I'm not too sure how well it would work in practical use.

I'll also be running about a 48-52 str depending on how much of my gear I feel like redoing. Given this, if I splashed 2 Fighter instead of 2 Monk, would it be possible to get a workable stunning blow DC for EE's? I would expect to drop it by the time I get to level 28(Since at that point it would be better to be dual wielding Balizarde than the Drow Khopesh I'll be using.), but up to that point?

Anyways, thanks. My guinea pig for this build(Prep) thanks you as well.

~Ara
    Hey,

So..why are you going with 14 ranger? Forget FOM spell, and instead just move up 4 monk so you can acquire ninja poison DOT and no mercy tiers if you find AP's for it. But..at that point you might as well just sacrifice a turn undead twist, drop to 2 pally and go 6 monk for 2 extra feats (since adept is free now) and pick up shadow fade as well.

Your stunning blow will probably be good enough for casters, and maybe assassins, but it won't be good enough to reliably get orcs or giants.

As far as LOH goes, I'm sitting with one as an emergency for now. If you can get more in via the defender line, do it if you can program it as an "oh sh!t" button, but the AP will most likely be better spent elsewhere.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast