Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Hello I am trying to do a similar build for my next life. I think that your build will be very fun to play, I am trying to test it in the iconics, with no luck yet .
    good luck
    Last edited by Belgarath22; 08-21-2013 at 02:03 AM.

I have a 17 cleric/ 2 pal / 1 fighter 2nd life HO right now that I am trying to decide what to do with. I keep looking at 8 fighter/2 monk and thinking it will be insane with my cleaver. I like the looks of your build, but what about keeping a little more cleric in it? Maybe go 8 fighter/ 3 monk / 9 cleric. You would gain a tone in self healing and buffing.
    Last edited by wtorchia; 08-21-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Hero

Cetuss! Post your build nub! DO EET!

I'm thinking of resurrecting a melee guy I haven't played in a while and I'd love to take some cues from ya.

Here's Carpone's take on a U19 fighter: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ntered-Cleaver

I am wondering if the build could not also work with 2 levels of paladin then you get the bonus for saves also...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Founder

Wow. I didn't even think of mixing barbarian and cleric for max strength. That is genius!

That should be the highest strength tactics possible, right?

I say go barb. Everyone else will be playing a monk. What stunning blow dc are you getting combining your 46 charisma with rage?

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Cetuss! Post your build nub! DO EET!

I'm thinking of resurrecting a melee guy I haven't played in a while and I'd love to take some cues from ya.
    Being the idiot I am...I screwed up my alignment using the +20 LR to get the monk levels in, so this narrows down the OP - I decided to go 12 fighter 6 monk 2 cleric as it stands right now.

So, I ended up doing 18 fighter 2 cleric in the meantime, and then LR in the 6 monk using 2 +3 hearts. I'll edit the OP with detail and videos when I can actually play the build.

Divine might + the 75% scroll mastery is very powerful.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    I am wondering if the build could not also work with 2 levels of paladin then you get the bonus for saves also...
    It works very well, it is just my preference to go 2 cleric because they get divine might at tier 1 (so I don't have to waste 4 AP's in pally tree just to open up tier 2 enhancements, 4 AP is a big deal) and the +75% scroll mastery results in ~550 a heal - super effective. LOH is nice, but they're limited.

Furthermore, the cleric divine might has unlimited charges and only costs spell points, whereas the pally one has ~20 or so charges with the charisma I can reach. It allows me to take tier 2 divine might instead of tier 3, since i can refresh it whenever I want. Another 2 AP saved.

The pally saves are amazing, but - I'm a DPS build - and the extra 6 AP's allow me to invest as much as I can into DPS enhancements.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    It works very well, it is just my preference to go 2 cleric because they get divine might at tier 1 (so I don't have to waste 4 AP's in pally tree just to open up tier 2 enhancements, 4 AP is a big deal) and the +75% scroll mastery results in ~550 a heal - super effective. LOH is nice, but they're limited.

Furthermore, the cleric divine might has unlimited charges and only costs spell points, whereas the pally one has ~20 or so charges with the charisma I can reach. It allows me to take tier 2 divine might instead of tier 3, since i can refresh it whenever I want. Another 2 AP saved.

The pally saves are amazing, but - I'm a DPS build - and the extra 6 AP's allow me to invest as much as I can into DPS enhancements.
    I see you point 2 cleric splash complements your playstyle

working on a TWF version of similar build for a friend, going for fighter 12 monk 6 paladin 2 centered khopesh wielder he has a ranger so no pew pew, are there any non obvious kensai enhancements you would recommend for TWF?
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

I see you point 2 cleric splash complements your playstyle

working on a TWF version of similar build for a friend, going for fighter 12 monk 6 paladin 2 centered khopesh wielder he has a ranger so no pew pew, are there any non obvious kensai enhancements you would recommend for TWF?
    Theyre all pretty much the same for either fighting style, I tried weapon meditation - but I'm a zerger, I never stop to sit down and meditate so that ability is useless to me. Just hit the bare minimum to get one with the blade, max out your boosts and go as far into tactics as you can. Rest of your points are better spent in racial/other class trees.

I'm still tinkering with the 2 cleric, I might return to pally because it seems that the extra save bonus would be nice. I got soundburst stunned by some priests in the middle of like 15 mobs blitzing in EE what goes up and was not a happy camper =D
    YouTube Channel HERE

Ever thought about 12 barbarian 7 rogue 1 cleric or 12 fighter 4 barbarian 4 rogue or 12 fighter 4 rogue 4 paladin. The 4th level rogue thief acrobat No Mercy 30% damage to helpless is looking great on trash especially since it stacks with sense weakness. Bully in the ravager is another 15% damage, but FB is better for THF. Just think that defense is getting easier to build for with +24 physical resistance items and +10 dodge items. With a high stunning blow build you can kill things quick..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Ever thought about 12 barbarian 7 rogue 1 cleric or 12 fighter 4 barbarian 4 rogue or 12 fighter 4 rogue 4 paladin. The 4th level rogue thief acrobat No Mercy 30% damage to helpless is looking great on trash especially since it stacks with sense weakness. Bully in the ravager is another 15% damage, but FB is better for THF. Just think that defense is getting easier to build for with +24 physical resistance items and +10 dodge items. With a high stunning blow build you can kill things quick..
    All those builds don't even compete at this point. Six monk provides the same no mercy for 30% helpless damage in addition to 1 additional multiplier, 3-4 sneak attack die steps, and fists of iron (+3 w +1 threat and multiplier, cooldown 3 seconds), shadow fade for 25% incorporeality, better saves, dodge, ninja poison.

The only nice thing about barb is the speed with which I can charge blitz because of supreme cleave. After playing both versions, the monk version soars ahead.

the fighter/barb/rogue splits are even worse, no divine might = **** tactics and no scroll mastery = crappy self healing.
    YouTube Channel HERE

All those builds don't even compete at this point. Six monk provides the same no mercy for 30% helpless damage in addition to 1 additional multiplier, 3-4 sneak attack die steps, and fists of iron (+3 w +1 threat and multiplier, cooldown 3 seconds), shadow fade for 25% incorporeality, better saves, dodge, ninja poison.

The only nice thing about barb is the speed with which I can charge blitz because of supreme cleave. After playing both versions, the monk version soars ahead.

the fighter/barb/rogue splits are even worse, no divine might = **** tactics and no scroll mastery = crappy self healing.
    Was thinking about 10 rogue 6 monk 4 paladin q-staff. You can get no mercy twice for 60%. cocoon is far better then scroll mastery and you would be able to get that with 4 pally. Tactics would be a question, but still probably high.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Was thinking about 10 rogue 6 monk 4 paladin q-staff. You can get no mercy twice for 60%. cocoon is far better then scroll mastery and you would be able to get that with 4 pally. Tactics would be a question, but still probably high.

Weren't you not even two weeks ago ranting about cacoon as asking for a nerf?

Cetus - build looks strong, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Cetus - build looks strong, thank you.
    Well I hope they nerf it, but until they do every single one of my characters except my wf sorc and pure rogue and mayhaps my 2 tanks will have it. It is not a D&D abilty and it is too good to pass up go figure.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Just b/c you think something should be nerfed b/c it's OP doesn't mean you won't exploit the hell outta it until it is nerfed. E.g., how many people made builds based on barb PL stacking with barb Rage, even though they knew it wasn't WAI and would be nerfed? There are lots of thingsI think are ridiculously unbalanced about the Enhancement overhaul, but I'd be a fool not to take advantage of them while I can.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Being the idiot I am...
    Cetusssssssssss you noob!
    I need a fighter build for my next life(Or the one after that if I decide to go pali first).
    Being the AA I am, I was thinking Helves Angel. But then you teased me with this.

It looks like fun.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Another problem is Pallies don't get turn undead until lvl 4. Ask me how I know and why my fighter is currently sitting on his thumbs.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Another problem is Pallies don't get turn undead until lvl 4. Ask me how I know and why my fighter is currently sitting on his thumbs.
    I know I shouldn't laugh at this but... Well, Hehehe.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendofara View Post
    i know i shouldn't laugh at this but... Well, hehehe.
    q_q

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast