Default Crystal Cove question...

Several times, in different groups, as soon as we zoned in someone would say something like, "Let me look at the map... Okay, the progenitor crystal is by the bowling alley." And it would be by the bowling alley.

I thought the map was the same layout all the time, though the number of crystals varied. Were they just joking with the group and making a lucky guess? Or is there a way to tell upon zone-in where the progenitor crystal is?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    Several times, in different groups, as soon as we zoned in someone would say something like, "Let me look at the map... Okay, the progenitor crystal is by the bowling alley." And it would be by the bowling alley.

I thought the map was the same layout all the time, though the number of crystals varied. Were they just joking with the group and making a lucky guess? Or is there a way to tell upon zone-in where the progenitor crystal is?
    The map is the same layout, but the shrines and progenitor are randomly placed.

That and you need to have investigated all of the map for both of these items to appear on yours.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post

If the progenitor is in any place where you have been, it will show on your map as soon as you enter as long as you haven't gotten your map history erased by going to other explorer areas.