Community Member

Default OMG - I just spent 32AS on an ED reset -.-

Pls add a confirmation box on those things!

Just shows, don't play games when its past bedtime... good night.

Yea I've done a couple dumb things like that. Play epic elite enough though and you will get plenty of gear you can sell on the AH which people are willing to pay good Astral Shards for.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Yea I've done a couple dumb things like that. Play epic elite enough though and you will get plenty of gear you can sell on the AH which people are willing to pay good Astral Shards for.
    I don't think that works in Wayfinder.

For what its worth, misclicking and loosing what basically has real money value, makes people feel --- stupid, or dumb like the previous reply said.
    Making customers feel that when playing their game isn't healthy for business. It should be the opposite.

The "smart" move for me, was to spend the rest of my astral shards on a Gold Roll, so I wouldn't have enough shards to accidentally re-roll loot in chests.

Community Member

Default Second account

Make a 2nd account and transfer shards to it so you cant accidently use. I think that would work, haven't actually tried trading them. Would be preferable that we had a confirmation box of course, but turbine seems to think if they can get us to accidently use shards well purchase more. It is our responsibility to prove them wrong on that one.

Community Member

Default ED menu confusing for 1st timer too

Not directly related but when browsing destinies or the first time, i accidentally clicked on one that was far from what I wanted. No confirmation or anything. I got locked into that destiny. I later learned that it would take a key of destiny to switch to another and it had to be adjacent so i'd need 3 keys to get to the tree i wanted.. Ended up just TR'ing

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    Not directly related but when browsing destinies or the first time, i accidentally clicked on one that was far from what I wanted. No confirmation or anything. I got locked into that destiny. I later learned that it would take a key of destiny to switch to another and it had to be adjacent so i'd need 3 keys to get to the tree i wanted.. Ended up just TR'ing
    You are not locked into a destiny. EVER.
    You do not need to purchase a key - doing so is rather stupid.

If you get 3 levels in destiny X, you unlock the rest of the destinies in that sphere. If you reach level 4 in destiny Y, you can go across the path to a new sphere. (Eg. Level 4 shiradi to get to dreadnought, level 4 fatesinger to get to shadowdancer, level 4 shadow dancer to get to fatesinger)

Tring will not let you pick a new destiny - you actually need to grind.
    *Note. You can only pick from one sphere of destinies on your first toon. So on some toons (like artis) you need to farm destinies to get to shiradi/FoTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    I don't think that works in Wayfinder.
    Outside of soloing I can't imagine much of anything works on Wayfinder. Could be worse though, I've TRed while half asleep and had some interesting mistakes as a result.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    He/She "Locked" in their starting point, not stuck in a singular destiny.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    You do not need to purchase a key - doing so is rather stupid.

If you get 3 levels in destiny X, you unlock the rest of the destinies in that sphere. If you reach level 4 in destiny Y, you can go across the path to a new sphere. (Eg. Level 4 shiradi to get to dreadnought, level 4 fatesinger to get to shadowdancer, level 4 shadow dancer to get to fatesinger)

Tring will not let you pick a new destiny - you actually need to grind.
    *Note. You can only pick from one sphere of destinies on your first toon. So on some toons (like artis) you need to farm destinies to get to shiradi/FoTW.
    to be able to go to the destiny i wanted, i would've needed 4,320,000 xp
    Draconic(3) to Fatesinger(4) to Shadowdancer(3) to Dreadnought(4) to Shiradi(3) to Druid ED
    720k for 3 ranks, 108k for 4 ranks

It takes 3 million xp to get to level 25. So i would've reached Lvl 25 without even getting to the destiny I wanted. As a caster druid, i wouldn't benefit much from ANY of those trees. Sure, it's better than nothing but not fun to play your first Epics at level 20 with. Not a fun experience and i would be weaker than I could have and would only reach my goal tree at Level 25 after farming 1,300,000 more xp. The feeling of leveling your first Epic character being stuck in destinies not your choice is not fun, motivating or rewarding.

Isn't it awesome? Every single time I spend a fate point to prepare twists I get a prompt asking me if I'm sure I want to do that, even though resetting them doesn't ost anything at all. But spending AS, which very likely has cost TP* (i.e. money) apparently doesn't require confirmation.

It would be nice if every AS transaction had a confirmation box, because the way it is now it really looks like a cashgrab attempt.

*Some players (like myself) got their AS purely by selling items on the ASAH, but very likely someone has bought them.
    Last edited by Gizeh; 08-17-2013 at 10:33 AM.

OMG - I just spent 32AS on an ED reset -.-

My friend... this is nothing.

3 months ago I spent 100 Astral Shard (yep - one hundred not a typo) on ship amenities by mistake using Astral Shards. Man I was ****ed off...

Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die.

Ouch
    There is no free lunch.

I would prefer a way to simply lock AS. If you want to make a purchase using them, unlock them and buy. It's annoying enough with all the places they have to spent them. But I'm really worried about the new chest reroll mechanic where they put the reroll right next to the loot all and there's no confirmation. Give us a lock so that we actually have to make an affirmative decision to spend AS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Make a 2nd account and transfer shards to it so you cant accidently use. I think that would work, haven't actually tried trading them. Would be preferable that we had a confirmation box of course, but turbine seems to think if they can get us to accidently use shards well purchase more. It is our responsibility to prove them wrong on that one.
    Mmm - how can you trade shards? Only way I know, is through Shard AH ?

I don't remember seeing any option for shards in a trade window. I'm sure I would have accidentally clicked on it by now lol , or been directed to a "Wanna buy more shards" window.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by honkuimushi View Post
    I would prefer a way to simply lock AS. If you want to make a purchase using them, unlock them and buy. It's annoying enough with all the places they have to spent them. But I'm really worried about the new chest reroll mechanic where they put the reroll right next to the loot all and there's no confirmation. Give us a lock so that we actually have to make an affirmative decision to spend AS.
    As its now, having no shards is the only way prevent that <-- a free hint for accounting, marketing or whoever makes the decision on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    Isn't it awesome? Every single time I spend a fate point to prepare twists I get a prompt asking me if I'm sure I want to do that, even though resetting them doesn't ost anything at all. But spending AS, which very likely has cost TP* (i.e. money) apparently doesn't require confirmation.

It would be nice if every AS transaction had a confirmation box, because the way it is now it really looks like a cashgrab attempt.

*Some players (like myself) got their AS purely by selling items on the ASAH, but very likely someone has bought them.
    Better wake up and smell the coffee.
    It is a pure cash grab method, not an attempt it's sole purpose it to let you pay.
    It's a very intricate system that has been designed to milk you dry if it's possible to do so.

MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by honkuimushi View Post
    PERFECT!

/signed
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Well at least you can get ten of them back with next week's freebie. Astr10 I think.

I just slept with my wife's twin sister. They REALLY look alike. Guess I should pay attention...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

As its now, having no shards is the only way prevent that <-- a free hint for accounting, marketing or whoever makes the decision on these things.
    Yeah, figured that one out before those things went live. I made two or three hundred selling loot on the exchange just to have around for a rainy day or whatever. The way it's looking, I'll probably go ahead and burn all of them on there as well just so they don't get wasted on accidental clicks.

You guys are gonna love the loot reroll button, btw.