Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Plans?

Hybrid View

Default Monday Plans?

So, what are your plans for Monday? I am so totally pumped for the expansion!

I see two possibly plans for Monday (at least for me):

1 - Spend a LOT of time trying to update existing characters which could take one of two forms (or both?). Obviously, I could just play around with the enhancements or I could go all-out and do the LR20 thing. However, I think I will hold off on the latter in favor of playing around first. I want to make sure I at least begin to understand what has happened and how my MANY toons are changing.

2 - Go pure Iconic (Shadar-Kai anyone! ) and get into the new content.

Given the time on a typical Monday evening, I think I will be opting for #2 although I have 3 level 17 toons currently out in ES so that could still happen.

Heh, I am planning on taking off on the following Thursday (hopefully no patching that day) where I can play DDO and do toon maintenance!

Enjoy the weekend all - it will be tough to wait it out!

My plan is to chew bubblegum and troll.

Same thing as sunday, work on my completionist wannabe and ignore epics atm. Still too nervous about the etr changes to even touch anything outside of heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Hehe you dont even chew bubble gum!

Community Member

Well I imaging most of Monday we will be down either for the update, or the server crashes and critical bugs that result from the update.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Be completely overwhelmed

The entire way I play will be turned upside down.

All my characters will be messed up.

All my loot from pre RISIA ICE FESTIVAL, the stuff that does not say FESTIVAL on it, just example: Icy Burst, Vorpal of Pure Good and their levels are going to be way out of whack.

I will be deleting half of my loot.

I won't quest until the second patch comes out for the update. First patch will be Wednesday, second patch will be in two weeks.

My mind will be numb from mindless repetition of redoing characters and selling or deconstructing loot.

I too, will be carrying burning torches and pitchforks.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

I too, will be carrying burning torches and pitchforks.
    Too late I bought them all out when etr and other changes were announced.

Torches are 50 astral shards now and Pitchforks are 100 astral shards. If you can't beat them at least make a profit from it.

Community Member

Default Iconics!

I definitely want to make a few iconic characters and try them out. Of course, I have no idea what I am going to delete to make room.

The fvs 13 / wiz 7 build looks interesting, but I am not sure I fully understand it yet.

Other than that I don't plan to make any major changes to my character until I understand the enhancement pass better. Overall I think it's a great expansion and am really looking forward to it.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I will be deleting half of my loot.
    Might want to hold onto it for a couple patches. Knowing Turbine they might bug the level requirements and make them even better.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Well I imaging most of Monday we will be down either for the update, or the server crashes and critical bugs that result from the update.
    Dont forget the important stuff:

1. Plan To TR my main.
    2. Act smart, read forum if TR havent been broken and I dont erase my ED/PL/TR bank/Char by TRing.
    3. Make even better plan for my next life
    4. Force myself to wait two hours, checking the forums to make sure TR havent be broken and I.... .... ya know the story.
    5. Unless evidence of TR being broken has been found until now, ask on forum if TR hevant been broken.
    6. Decide to TR later when TR will be fixed/TR now, because TR havent be broken... hopefully.

And he's all out of bubble-gum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwOKw0wk6g
    Last edited by Thrudh; 08-16-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Oh, and I hope nobody is taking Monday off to play... Never ever take update day off to play ANY MMO.

I'll be working all day, and checking the forums to see if there are any horrible terrible bugs to avoid.

At night, I'll log in one of my least favorite characters first and check things out a little.

I probably won't play for real until Tuesday night.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I'm on the road all weekend and won't get back in town until late Monday night, so I'll probably check the forums to see what kind of holocaust is reported.

I came very close to getting my completionist done, he's lvl 18 on his last life for completion. If I had some time to play this weekend, he would have made it to 20. My plan was to TR into his final life, thus saving my lr+20 for later to fix any problems that pop up. But it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

So Tuesday will be the first day I really get to screw around with the new stuff. But at least I can read the forums to get up to speed on things before then.

I am stoked! I get rebuild almost 20 characters over the next week. It will be a blast! ( yes I am serious).

Community Member

Default Plans?

Community Member

I'm going to buy some Cheetos to celebrate logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aolas View Post
    I'm going to buy some Cheetos to celebrate logging in.
    Don't forget the mountain dew.

It's in the fridge.

Duh.
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 08-18-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Probably going to take a break from DDO for a week or two and come back after the first few emergency bug fix patches have been released.

My crippling bug sense is tingling.

Default End of Monday!

And still a LOT of work to be done.

I started off with some enhancements of my existing toons, but after awhile, I decided to check into the new Iconics.

I created one of each of the new ones and fully checked out their trees as pure Iconics (I let Elminster level me). Now I have some more ideas, but it's also getting late.

Morninglord - Clerics seem like they got a lot more toys/tools to play around with. Seems fun, but I've always been a pure healer. The healing aura is now at the top of the list, so I'm guessing we'll see less clerics running it. I think the ML I create will be in the third tree for something new. I'm curious as to how viable it is. Also, seems tough to mix in the racial tree which requires a fair amount of points.

Shadar-Kai - Lots of fun stuff here. On the pure build, seems like a lot of things not seen before like that swinging chain attach. Youch! I think it might be worthwhile to experiment with the stealthy stuff as well. I also like the thought of mixing in some Arti on this build.

PDK - Wow, they equiped this guy for defense. I've played for many years, but it seems like folks have always said that a great intimitank requires exquisite gear. I think I will simply go 2WF with Bastard Swords. Yeah, that seems fun. On the multi-class side, I like the thought of adding Bard (or my what I've enjoyed in the past is the typical 16Bard/4 Fighter). I also think that some sort of mutt Fighter/Pally/Monk (or Rogue) would be quite fun as well.

So many thought swirling around!!!

Until tomorrow.....ENJOY!!!

So does this mean Monday morning we get a post along the lines of....

I'm here to troll and chew bubble gum.... but im allllllllll out of gum......

???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast