Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday Plans?

Default Monday Plans?

So, what are your plans for Monday? I am so totally pumped for the expansion!

I see two possibly plans for Monday (at least for me):

1 - Spend a LOT of time trying to update existing characters which could take one of two forms (or both?). Obviously, I could just play around with the enhancements or I could go all-out and do the LR20 thing. However, I think I will hold off on the latter in favor of playing around first. I want to make sure I at least begin to understand what has happened and how my MANY toons are changing.

2 - Go pure Iconic (Shadar-Kai anyone! ) and get into the new content.

Given the time on a typical Monday evening, I think I will be opting for #2 although I have 3 level 17 toons currently out in ES so that could still happen.

Heh, I am planning on taking off on the following Thursday (hopefully no patching that day) where I can play DDO and do toon maintenance!

Enjoy the weekend all - it will be tough to wait it out!

My plan is to chew bubblegum and troll.

Same thing as sunday, work on my completionist wannabe and ignore epics atm. Still too nervous about the etr changes to even touch anything outside of heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    So, what are your plans for Monday? I am so totally pumped for the expansion!

I see two possibly plans for Monday (at least for me):

1 - Spend a LOT of time trying to update existing characters which could take one of two forms (or both?). Obviously, I could just play around with the enhancements or I could go all-out and do the LR20 thing. However, I think I will hold off on the latter in favor of playing around first. I want to make sure I at least begin to understand what has happened and how my MANY toons are changing.

2 - Go pure Iconic (Shadar-Kai anyone! ) and get into the new content.

Given the time on a typical Monday evening, I think I will be opting for #2 although I have 3 level 17 toons currently out in ES so that could still happen.

Heh, I am planning on taking off on the following Thursday (hopefully no patching that day) where I can play DDO and do toon maintenance!

Enjoy the weekend all - it will be tough to wait it out!
    Well, I am not sure what I am going to do yet...but it will be one of the following...

1. Create one of the 6 iconic characters I have planned out.....
    2. Redo the enhancements on all of my existing characters (outside of the two bladeforged I currently have)
    3. Redo just a couple of my mid-teen leveled toons and run the expansion at heroic levels
    4. Continue my plan of leveling my two mains
    5. Cry, because I realize I have so much work to do and I only get to play for two hours on Monday.......
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Well, I am not sure what I am going to do yet...but it will be one of the following...

5. Cry, because I realize I have so much work to do and I only get to play for two hours on Monday.......
    ^ This. Yeah, it could all prove too much and I simply begin shaking due to being completely overwhelmed! Darn devs for making so much new stuff for us!

1) Redo the enhancements on Nae. Debating using my +20 to restore her to her original state as a Sorcerer, but I really want to hold onto it until I see the Warpriest PrE and the new Sorc tree (eventually, maybe).
    2) Redo my two 3rd life lowbie toons. Run some quests to see how the new ransack mechanic will affect leveling. One of the two lowbies is getting a total reboot to wizard from Juggernaut.
    3) Redo my archer.
    4) The one I'm most looking forward to: Redoing my elven druid. Permanent True Seeing + SLAs + Elven Arcanum? There's nothing wrong with this.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

1. spend the night testing the new enhancements

2. come to the forums with torches and pitchforks

3. have a snack

4. go back to my TR grind on another character

5. come to the forums with new and improved torches and pitchforks

6. go to bed crying

Default Monday plans

I will probably fix up one or two toons, run new content on EE and get lots of gear before they nerf the drop rate like they always do a few days later.

I will then take that gear and sell it on ASAH or trade for ottos as a sucker is born every minute <insert evil laugh here>

WIll then gear up my toons with random gen stuff as that seems to be the way to go with a few exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

I am only going to be using the LR +20 token on one of my toons on Monday, a primary raid toon which I've tested many variants of on Lamannia. After that I will focus on getting that toon to 28 by running the new quests and explorer zones. That will probably take a few days at the least. Then I will use the LR +20 token on my dwarf cleric17/rog1/ftr2 and make him a pure cleric and get him up to 28 so he can be a raid healer. That will probably take me at least another few days. Then I will use the LR +20 token on the toon I am planning to make a Completionist to make him a Barbarian and TR him for the fastest barbarian life you ever saw. Then I will roll me up a Shadar-Kai. Should be plenty busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Hehe you dont even chew bubble gum!

Community Member

Well I imaging most of Monday we will be down either for the update, or the server crashes and critical bugs that result from the update.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Be completely overwhelmed

The entire way I play will be turned upside down.

All my characters will be messed up.

All my loot from pre RISIA ICE FESTIVAL, the stuff that does not say FESTIVAL on it, just example: Icy Burst, Vorpal of Pure Good and their levels are going to be way out of whack.

I will be deleting half of my loot.

I won't quest until the second patch comes out for the update. First patch will be Wednesday, second patch will be in two weeks.

My mind will be numb from mindless repetition of redoing characters and selling or deconstructing loot.

I too, will be carrying burning torches and pitchforks.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Well I imaging most of Monday we will be down either for the update, or the server crashes and critical bugs that result from the update.
    Dont forget the important stuff:

1. Plan To TR my main.
    2. Act smart, read forum if TR havent been broken and I dont erase my ED/PL/TR bank/Char by TRing.
    3. Make even better plan for my next life
    4. Force myself to wait two hours, checking the forums to make sure TR havent be broken and I.... .... ya know the story.
    5. Unless evidence of TR being broken has been found until now, ask on forum if TR hevant been broken.
    6. Decide to TR later when TR will be fixed/TR now, because TR havent be broken... hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

I too, will be carrying burning torches and pitchforks.
    Too late I bought them all out when etr and other changes were announced.

Torches are 50 astral shards now and Pitchforks are 100 astral shards. If you can't beat them at least make a profit from it.

Community Member

Default Iconics!

I definitely want to make a few iconic characters and try them out. Of course, I have no idea what I am going to delete to make room.

The fvs 13 / wiz 7 build looks interesting, but I am not sure I fully understand it yet.

Other than that I don't plan to make any major changes to my character until I understand the enhancement pass better. Overall I think it's a great expansion and am really looking forward to it.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Wipe harddrive, reinstall completely, patch, play on Tuseday ;P.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Hero

Leave launcher open overnight to DL Xpac (since it's 5am downtime for me)...

Wake up.

Eat breakfast.

Watch the news.

Peruse the internet.

Wait while all the eager beavers log on right away and realize that something major is broken.

Pat myself on the back for learning from all the past major issues on release day.

Business as usual over here. I built my latest toon ready for the enhancement pass...
    So my cleric has been running around with heal skill maxed. Quickly fix enhancements, back to questing.

Community Member

Not playing, because the downtime will be extended about 8 hours. :P

And he's all out of bubble-gum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwOKw0wk6g
    Last edited by Thrudh; 08-16-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast