Default What on Eberron is going on in Ghallanda?

How come the sudden sharp spike in daily logins on Ghallanda over the past month and a half and how can I bring that energy to my server, Argo?

Ghallanda is the default server if you've never logged on before, or if you last logged onto Lammania. Since there is no "automatically remember my server" feature on the new launcher many people are getting into the habit of just clicking "Enter" after logging in.

With the amount of people checking lammania, I would expect a sharp spike in logins just from lammania mistakes.

G-land has me. Hence the increased number of logins, so as to bask in the aura of all thing squishwizzy.

Nothing more need to be said...

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    g-land has teh_troll. Hence the increased number of logins, so as to bask in the aura of all thing trollish.

Nothing more need to be said...

ftfy.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Ghallanda is the default server if you've never logged on before,
    Okay, this might be true. And if all the newbies and casual first-timers are hoping into Ghallanda that might explain something.
    or if you last logged onto Lammania.
    This has not happened to my launcher.
    Since there is no "automatically remember my server" feature on the new launcher many people are getting into the habit of just clicking "Enter" after logging in.
    This also has not happened to me. Argonesson is still at the top of my list whenever I log in.
    With the amount of people checking lammania, I would expect a sharp spike in logins just from lammania mistakes.
    Again, might be possible, but I haven't noticed it on my launcher. Perhaps it has to do with the way I have my Lamannia client installed (it is in an entirely different partition).

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    ftfy.
    Admit it : you're jealous because I got there first!

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Okay, this might be true. And if all the newbies and casual first-timers are hoping into Ghallanda that might explain something.This has not happened to my launcher.This also has not happened to me. Argonesson is still at the top of my list whenever I log in.Again, might be possible, but I haven't noticed it on my launcher. Perhaps it has to do with the way I have my Lamannia client installed (it is in an entirely different partition).
    THIS

... i can see often

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng10), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    THIS
    (image deleted to save loading time)
    ... i can see often
    Yes, I can see how that would do it. I wonder why my launcher keeps my default server set to Argonesson. I was completely unaware that this was happening on other launchers until today.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quite simple answer: G-land is the best DDO server. Period.

:P
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Community Member

Default Ghallanda the default?

Ghallanda is the default server if you've never logged on before, or if you last logged onto Lammania. Since there is no "automatically remember my server" feature on the new launcher many people are getting into the habit of just clicking "Enter" after logging in.

Are you sure about that Ellis? I thought that for the last year they put Wayfinder as the default server for newly installed launchers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    Are you sure about that Ellis? I thought that for the last year they put Wayfinder as the default server for newly installed launchers.
    Even after they announced that with the old launcher, I had deleted the "last visited" information from the launcher startup file and I could never get it to show Wayfinder as the Recommended World. It seemed to randomly pick one of the other servers, but Wayfinder was always at the end of the list.