Community Member

Default Bardcher Changes

I've been reading up (since I didn't participate in the beta) on the enhancement changes and trying to plan for what to do with my bardcher. I have a few questions..

Does it even pay to splash ranger if we can get access to dex to damage?

With toughness not a feat, and weapon focus ranged not needed, does fighter even make a good splash anymore?

My idea was to switch to a 16/2/2 with Bard Paladin and Rogue. Huge additional saves, evasion, access to heal as a paladin class skill, trap and open lock skills (albeit limited)...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by junta64 View Post
    I've been reading up (since I didn't participate in the beta) on the enhancement changes and trying to plan for what to do with my bardcher. I have a few questions..

Does it even pay to splash ranger if we can get access to dex to damage?

With toughness not a feat, and weapon focus ranged not needed, does fighter even make a good splash anymore?

My idea was to switch to a 16/2/2 with Bard Paladin and Rogue. Huge additional saves, evasion, access to heal as a paladin class skill, trap and open lock skills (albeit limited)...
    You can't do bard and paladin due to the alignment conflict (Pally must be LG, bard must be chaotic).

Fighter is still a good splash if you think you need feats (there's plenty of stuff to use that counts as a fighter bonus feat). If you're doing dex-to-damage from elf ranger isn't as good as it used to be, but it does allow access to the heal skill as in-class and access to the one-point-wonder lvl1 deepwood sniper core (+1d6 SA and +5m point blank and ranged sneak attack), and it's still solid if you want 2wf for backup.

It's hard to fit in as much bard stuff as you used to with AA, but AA is better so I think it's kind of a wash. I highly recomend getting on lamania and playing around with the points, no amount of looking at the (excellent) pdf really replaces playing with the system hands on.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith