Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    356

    Default When do you use loot boosts, and for what?

    I've been stockpiling loot boosts from my Daily Dice rolls, and I'm up to 4 (12 hours). I'm curious as to if anyone has thought about when is "Optimal" to use them? Do you use them and then try to only spend that time raiding/doing high level content? Look for somewhere where you're farming a lot of chests?
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I use them before opening CiTW/FoT chests during a loot bonus weekend.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Ability_tome

    This contains a list of which ilevel a chest needs to be for different values of tomes to drop. This, and also some rare prefixes/suffixes is usually the reason you would use a loot boost.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  4. #4
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Ability_tome

    This contains a list of which ilevel a chest needs to be for different values of tomes to drop. This, and also some rare prefixes/suffixes is usually the reason you would use a loot boost.
    exactly this. if and when you are farming for tomes, you check the level of the chest, add in bonus weekends, then pop the appropriate gem. DQ1 chest farming is a good example.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    exactly this. if and when you are farming for tomes, you check the level of the chest, add in bonus weekends, then pop the appropriate gem. DQ1 chest farming is a good example.

    ok, this is probaly a stupid question.
    how do you check the level of a chest?
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

  6. #6
    Community Member Arnhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    I avoid overthinking, and just use them as they pop up. *shrug*
    There is no free lunch.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thouston View Post
    ok, this is probaly a stupid question.
    how do you check the level of a chest?
    Except from some exceptions, it is the level of the quest itself. Hard being +1 and elite +2.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    356

    Default

    I avoid overthinking, and just use them as they pop up. *shrug*
    I kinda like this answer. :P They aren't such a big deal that I have to care that much about optimization of use, do I?
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    I kinda like this answer. :P They aren't such a big deal that I have to care that much about optimization of use, do I?
    Not at all, but since you asked I just answered you with the "most effective" way to use them. Just have fun and disregard what I said, it's all good.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    I've been stockpiling loot boosts from my Daily Dice rolls, and I'm up to 4 (12 hours). I'm curious as to if anyone has thought about when is "Optimal" to use them? Do you use them and then try to only spend that time raiding/doing high level content? Look for somewhere where you're farming a lot of chests?
    Just one question, do everyone who has a loot boost when a chest is open get the boost or is it still only the one who opens the chest?

  11. #11
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    I use them if I'm actively farming and the loot level will reach 27 with the gem. This is the level that +4 tomes, +5 upgrade tomes and level 24 augments start appearing in loot. I personally don't see the point in raising the loot level of lower level chests as anything I could pull out of an enhanced level 20 chest, I could just get out of looting a level 22 chest and there are plenty of those already. I'm sure I'll adjust my loot gem habits after Monday, but I'll need some confirmation on benchmarks at that point.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload