Community Member

Default When do you use loot boosts, and for what?

I've been stockpiling loot boosts from my Daily Dice rolls, and I'm up to 4 (12 hours). I'm curious as to if anyone has thought about when is "Optimal" to use them? Do you use them and then try to only spend that time raiding/doing high level content? Look for somewhere where you're farming a lot of chests?
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

Community Member

I use them before opening CiTW/FoT chests during a loot bonus weekend.

Community Member

http://ddowiki.com/page/Ability_tome

This contains a list of which ilevel a chest needs to be for different values of tomes to drop. This, and also some rare prefixes/suffixes is usually the reason you would use a loot boost.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Ability_tome

This contains a list of which ilevel a chest needs to be for different values of tomes to drop. This, and also some rare prefixes/suffixes is usually the reason you would use a loot boost.
    exactly this. if and when you are farming for tomes, you check the level of the chest, add in bonus weekends, then pop the appropriate gem. DQ1 chest farming is a good example.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    exactly this. if and when you are farming for tomes, you check the level of the chest, add in bonus weekends, then pop the appropriate gem. DQ1 chest farming is a good example.

ok, this is probaly a stupid question.
    how do you check the level of a chest?
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

I avoid overthinking, and just use them as they pop up. *shrug*
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thouston View Post
    ok, this is probaly a stupid question.
    how do you check the level of a chest?
    Except from some exceptions, it is the level of the quest itself. Hard being +1 and elite +2.

Community Member

I avoid overthinking, and just use them as they pop up. *shrug*
    I kinda like this answer. :P They aren't such a big deal that I have to care that much about optimization of use, do I?
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    I kinda like this answer. :P They aren't such a big deal that I have to care that much about optimization of use, do I?
    Not at all, but since you asked I just answered you with the "most effective" way to use them. Just have fun and disregard what I said, it's all good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    I've been stockpiling loot boosts from my Daily Dice rolls, and I'm up to 4 (12 hours). I'm curious as to if anyone has thought about when is "Optimal" to use them? Do you use them and then try to only spend that time raiding/doing high level content? Look for somewhere where you're farming a lot of chests?
    Just one question, do everyone who has a loot boost when a chest is open get the boost or is it still only the one who opens the chest?

I use them if I'm actively farming and the loot level will reach 27 with the gem. This is the level that +4 tomes, +5 upgrade tomes and level 24 augments start appearing in loot. I personally don't see the point in raising the loot level of lower level chests as anything I could pull out of an enhanced level 20 chest, I could just get out of looting a level 22 chest and there are plenty of those already. I'm sure I'll adjust my loot gem habits after Monday, but I'll need some confirmation on benchmarks at that point.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen