Hybrid View

Default A few things screwy with Dodge

Okay, built out a hobbit 12/6/2 ranger/barbarian/fighter... wearing nothing.

He has Dodge and Mobility feats.

Dodge is at 6%, but it should be at 7%

3% Dodge
    2% Mobility
    1% 4th level Barbarian
    1% 6th level Barbarian

Also, I don't have Improved Uncanny Dodge... I thought Barbarians got that at level 5? Or is it 8 like Rogues?

Then I take some Halfling enhancements and get the 3% Improved Dodge

I'm up to 9% Dodge now... all good there...

I take some ranger enhancements, and get the 3% Improved Dodge in the Tempest line... Accept, still at 9% dodge... Uh-oh, problem because they are the same name? Racial and class enhancements usually stack. I reset enhancements, tried the ranger line first, 9%... Added hobbit Improved Dodge, still at 9%.

So I guess they don't stack... This WAI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Oh great, now it appears that Uncanny Dodger from the Occult Slayer Barbarian line doesn't stack with the Tempest or Halfling Dodge lines... Different name, doesn't stack...

so 3% dodge from enhancements is all you get.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

The hobbit nimble reactions (+3 max dodge) does stack with tempest Improved mobility (+3 max dodge) giving me a total max dodge of 31 in my underwear.

Okay, so barbarians don't get Improved Uncanny Dodge until level 8.

The level 6 Uncanny Dodge is bugged.

Built a pure barb with the Dodge feat... At level 1, 3% dodge... At level 4, 4% dodge,

At level 6, still 4% dodge

At level 8 though, it jumped to 6% dodge, so it looks like you get the level 6 dodge when you get Improved Uncanny Dodge at level 8.

The level 12 bonus also worked... jumped to 7% dodge then.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 08-15-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Just noticed my 8% ring and my 6% cloak gave me 14% Dodge on Lam

So it looks like the Dodge bonuses were doubled, and they still stack (which is a bug)

Oh, and now I added monk back to my guy, and checking, it appears the Ninja Spy enhancement Agility (3% dodge) DOES stack with the Halfling or Tempest or Kensai 3% dodge enhancements (but none of those three stack with each other).