Default My +5 IcyBurst WOP Rapier is now level 20

This was a level 16 twink item and is useless in Epic Content do to the stat-damage ward. Raising the min level on a level 16 item to 20 completely ruins something that at one time was priceless.

Seriously, why does every change make the game worse? What values is added to the game in ruining our twink gear.

/signed a very disappointed sort-of customer. If I actually spent any money on this game I'd make an idle threat about stopping.

For twinking it all ready was 16 levels to late.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This was a level 16 twink item and is useless in Epic Content do to the stat-damage ward. Raising the min level on a level 16 item to 20 completely ruins something that at one time was priceless.

Seriously, why does every change make the game worse? What values is added to the game in ruining our twink gear.

/signed a very disappointed sort-of customer. If I actually spent any money on this game I'd make an idle threat about stopping.
    Oh, thats so sweet 0_0, I wouldn't go to IQ quests without a con drainer, the mobs have way too much hp on elite. But I suppose its still sort of usefull there, and in Amrath quests.

Sry for the loss Maybe they fix the old Icy Burst kit effect in a patch or something. I think Feather mentioned something about forgetting to add that one, and only added the Festival version.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    For twinking it all ready was 16 levels to late.
    It blew a Light II Khopesh out of the water as far as killing power went. When you actually know something about the game you have my permission to post again.

Now? I'll likely be Cannith Decustructed.

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    Sry for the loss Maybe they fix the old Icy Burst kit effect in a patch or something. I think Feather mentioned something about forgetting to add that one, and only added the Festival version.
    The new devs only cares about new loot and he sure as heck doesn't care about long-time players. Don't expect any of your old stuff to get fixed as it doesn't fit in with their new "systems."

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default crafting effects

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The new devs only cares about new loot and he sure as heck doesn't care about long-time players. Don't expect any of your old stuff to get fixed as it doesn't fit in with their new "systems."
    Unfortunately I think the Devs were thinking that very few people are still around from the early days of DDO. Its like Founder Gear. While it shows your dedication to the game.... it is worth very little for today's profits. Its sad when you think about it. This nerf really ONLY affects long term LOYAL players. I don't think its their intentions, its just a by product of something not completely thought through.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

The retroactive loot so called "fix" has screwed a lot of items.
    BTA is not applying a -2 to levels.
    Bonus loot day items that were -2 level rewards are now no longer bonus items they are the same as any regular drop items.
    Old school icy crafts are adding levels.

and of course these are all retroactive "fixes"..

Thanks for xing the loot.. no happy thoughts for the loot programmer here....
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Default This is the bug you want fixed? This?

Turbine is to player as business is to customer.

"Loyalty" obviously only has meaning with respect to the bottom line, and why should it not?

I suspect I share the company's confusion at people deluding themselves into thinking they'll be rewarded for their devotion via a peculiar bug fix of choice for something that affects only a small number of players in a minor way that otherwise would be low priority.

Attempting to manufacture a sense of injustice or entitlement due to the length of time you've participated in said contract is, to me, utterly irrational and the... "arrogance" of it maybe is the word?... irks me.

On ML 14: Icy Burst WoP rapiers: yep, they still had uses.

But:
    - since Con 0 isn't death any more,
    - and since helpless isn't even auto-crit any more
    Icy Bursted or not doesn't make THAT much difference, and plain ol' +1 WoPs aren't that hard to find. Get new ones. They're like 40k on a bad day on the auction house.

On other twink gear:
    - everyone has had these weapons for literally years if they were the ones affected by the ML increase. They have more than offset the 140k cost of your icy burst kit or the time it took you to do those jumps.
    - holy of bleeding items are reasonably common and are perfectly adequate alternatives.

This is a tiny change:
    - that will affect not that many people,
    - the weapons have already had plenty of use,
    - the increase in power over readily available stuff is minute at high levels,
    - and the lowbie stuff is easily replaceable (and as already stated, was well-loved).

In my humble opinion, this is a ridiculous complaint. If reverting the ML on these items takes even a second of man-hours from a bug that mattered, including:
    - ladders
    - monk wraps in CitW
    - Thunderstone mechanic ability DC
    - Artificer Rune Arm damage and Frozen Tunic freezing ice not applying simultaneously
    - or even hair styles from the store not applying on Shadar-kai properly,
    then I'm saddened in advance.

EDIT: Specifically talking Old Icy Burst kits here for the record, huge swathes of players affected by e.g. BtA non reduction is a valid use of programmer time.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post

"Loyalty" obviously only has meaning with respect to the bottom line, and why should it not?

I suspect I share the company's confusion at people deluding themselves into thinking they'll be rewarded for their devotion via a peculiar bug fix of choice for something that affects only a small number of players in a minor way that otherwise would be low priority.

Attempting to manufacture a sense of injustice or entitlement due to the length of time you've participated in said contract is, to me, utterly irrational and the... "arrogance" of it maybe is the word?... irks me.
    So as a customer who owns a Ferrari you get up one morning grab the keys, go out the front door and notice the dealership came by and swapped out your Ferrari with a Fierro.

Its not a manufactured injustice, it is an injustice.
    DDO loot dev has intentionally retroactively changed items making them less than what they were.

You are deluded if you think this only affects a small number of players, it affect every player who has squirreled away better than average goodies for alts & TR lives.

Many of these goodies were purchased from the AH at a premium because of their non-standard effects.
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    So as a customer who owns a Ferrari you get up one morning grab the keys, go out the front door and notice the dealership came by and swapped out your Ferrari with a Fierro.

Its not a manufactured injustice, it is an injustice.
    DDO loot dev has intentionally retroactively changed items making them less than what they were.

You are deluded if you think this only affects a small number of players, it affect every player who has squirreled away better than average goodies for alts & TR lives.

Many of these goodies were purchased from the AH at a premium because of their non-standard effects.
    The car example is disanalogous. In that they would have literally stolen your car, rather than made an alteration entirely in keeping with the terms and conditions of an MMO than you are playing.

Again, my beef is with the Icy Burst kits from back in the day. They do only affect a small number of players and only a small amount and they've gained years of utility already.

It's a matter of picking battles and this one is dumb.

EDIT: Editing, not bumping, because that better serves my apparently difficult to understand point that the OP's complaint is ridiculous so this thread should go away.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 08-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

On ML 14: Icy Burst WoP rapiers: yep, they still had uses.

But:
    - since Con 0 isn't death any more,
    - and since helpless isn't even auto-crit any more
    Icy Bursted or not doesn't make THAT much difference, and plain ol' +1 WoPs aren't that hard to find. Get new ones. They're like 40k on a bad day on the auction house.

On other twink gear:
    - everyone has had these weapons for literally years if they were the ones affected by the ML increase. They have more than offset the 140k cost of your icy burst kit or the time it took you to do those jumps.
    - holy of bleeding items are reasonably common and are perfectly adequate alternatives.

This is a tiny change:
    - that will affect not that many people,
    - the weapons have already had plenty of use,
    - the increase in power over readily available stuff is minute at high levels,
    - and the lowbie stuff is easily replaceable (and as already stated, was well-loved).

In my humble opinion, this is a ridiculous complaint. If reverting the ML on these items takes even a second of man-hours from a bug that mattered, including:
    - ladders
    - monk wraps in CitW
    - Thunderstone mechanic ability DC
    - Artificer Rune Arm damage and Frozen Tunic freezing ice not applying simultaneously
    - or even hair styles from the store not applying on Shadar-kai properly,
    then I'm saddened in advance.

EDIT: Specifically talking Old Icy Burst kits here for the record, huge swathes of players affected by e.g. BtA non reduction is a valid use of programmer time.
    You have no point, stop posting.

Troll, you will probably be able to restore the proper ML by applying another icy kit next risia. "Festival" icy burst has +0 enchantment level, and it overwrites any cold touch/frost/icy burst effect already on the weapon. So it should remove the original risia effect and reset the ML for you.

In the meantime, it's not as a good but a crafted WOP (so no icy burst) with masterful would be ML15 +4, ML17 +5. This is an annoying burden but not too bad to hold you over until December or February. (Whenever risia returns.) Use flametouched iron base weapon to also let it break DR/Good, maybe? Or, maybe use BTA versions so you can pass them around.

Community Member

There seems to be a lot of confusion. So, is this WAI or a bug?

It's WAI.

Random gear has had the ML formula streamlined to be global instead of stored on an item-by-item basis. This has several side effects:

1) BTA chain reward gear that used to be lower ML (to compensate for being BTA) is now the same ML is normal lootgen
    2) Reign rings snap back up from no-ML to ML11.
    3) The original risia effects -- which do not say "Festival" -- add to ML because they are indistinguishable from lootgen effects.

#1 is a bummer. The BTA blanks at least have some value over regular lootgen by being prime candidates for crafting, but this is a net loss for players.
    #2 is hard to complain too much about; we got a solid year's worth of uber TR twink rings that were clearly not WAI.
    #3 is annoying, and can't be corrected until next risia.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I suspect the removal of the 2 level reduction in BTA items is an oversight given that there have been several dev comments in various threads about things like pure good, risia icy burst etc and other things that have affected min level with these changes, but none of them have mentioned the BTA specifically at all.

So at that the moment no one knows and the devs themselves are likely trying to decide what to do, and until someone makes up their mind I doubt we will here anything definitive.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I suspect the removal of the 2 level reduction in BTA items is an oversight given that there have been several dev comments in various threads about things like pure good, risia icy burst etc and other things that have affected min level with these changes, but none of them have mentioned the BTA specifically at all.

So at that the moment no one knows and the devs themselves are likely trying to decide what to do, and until someone makes up their mind I doubt we will hear anything definitive.

The car example is disanalogous. In that they would have literally stolen your car, rather than made an alteration entirely in keeping with the terms and conditions of an MMO than you are playing.

Again, my beef is with the Icy Burst kits from back in the day. They do only affect a small number of players and only a small amount and they've gained years of utility already.

It's a matter of picking battles and this one is dumb.

EDIT: Editing, not bumping, because that better serves my apparently difficult to understand point that the OP's complaint is ridiculous so this thread should go away.
    Use whatever fancy words google synonym lookups can find.... my cool Ferrari lootz are now Fierro scrap heaps fit only for deconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Troll, you will probably be able to restore the proper ML by applying another icy kit next risia. "Festival" icy burst has +0 enchantment level, and it overwrites any cold touch/frost/icy burst effect already on the weapon. So it should remove the original risia effect and reset the ML for you.

In the meantime, it's not as a good but a crafted WOP (so no icy burst) with masterful would be ML15 +4, ML17 +5. This is an annoying burden but not too bad to hold you over until December or February. (Whenever risia returns.) Use flametouched iron base weapon to also let it break DR/Good, maybe? Or, maybe use BTA versions so you can pass them around.
    Bah, don't matter as I'm never TRing again anyway. The current loot/game designers have eradicated any will for bettering my toons.

It just annoys me how this is becoming such a throw-away game. A priceless weapons (seriously a +5 random gen WOP) becomes worthless garbage because some programer wants to fix things that aren't broken.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 08-18-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Guess you won't be singing "Do you like my sword sword, sword my icy sword sword?" after Monday?