Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes, move the stupid button.

It automatically places your mouse pointer there. As I was in a hurry today to finish a quest, I just clicked and Turbine successfully stole my shards. I would never use this stupid function and would absolutely turn it off if I had the choice.

It's quite clearly where it is to get you to spend your shards via misclicks - an utterly dishonest business model.

I didn't know this was happening and I clicked on it TWICE last night. I asked for a AS refund Im sure they are busy so no reply yet. If it had an "Are you sure you want to do this" screen it wouldn't have happened.

I don't care if it is moved or not, but it absolutely needs a confirmation button.

Otherwise, this move really does look like an intentional way to grief players out of their shards.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Signed.

Sticking the re-roll button exactly where the 'Loot All' used to be is just plain underhanded.

Move the button above the loot window AND add a confirmation.

Personally I will never even consider using this until these changes are made.

/signed

Same with the astral shard counter dongle that keeps blocking my hotbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Move it, remove it, or make a confirmation pop up. All three preferable.

1. Move it and resize it to make it very hard to accidentally select.
    2. Create an option in the UI settings to remove it and other "Buy now" buttons.
    3. Always, always, always have a confirmation dialogue appear. Honesty is THE best policy Turbine!

How many threads did we have on the daily roll with people losing astral shards?
    All acceptable solutions. I like the expansion so far but this "merchandising" part is a real black mark on it. It's like have to answer a telemarketer every 10 mins to be able to play the game.

Maybe I'm just a stubborn jerk, but the more you ask for my money, the less inclined I will be to give it to you. I'm fine with adding ways to pay but don't constantly shove it in my face, and over some of the game's features.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    but the more you ask for my money, the less inclined I will be to give it to you. I'm fine with adding ways to pay but don't constantly shove it in my face, and over some of the game's features.
    Well said.

/signed

So, is this bad design or intentionally placed to harvest mis-clicks? .... hmmmmmmm

Not cool Turbine.

I checked out the new area last night and talked to the first NPC I see. Turns out he is looking for Shards and nothing but the Shards for his services. Really not liking the direction Turbine is going with this.

Community Member

/signed.

I made mistake of misclicking and it ruins the feeling of questing. Remove it or add a confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
    I don't care if it is moved or not, but it absolutely needs a confirmation button.

Otherwise, this move really does look like an intentional way to grief players out of their shards.
    Well honestly it is. I mean it's a very Zynga way to do things right and they have had a Zynga exec on staff for over a year to help them with "monetization".

That said I damned near clicked it on the 2 chests I looted in the sands on my Barbarian, maybe I should have as I didn't get a Ring of Spell Storing in either of them but still not cool. Was enough to make me grumpy so I shut down DDO for the night and spent 5 hours playing Fallout: New Vegas instead.

Might go back on tonight and redo my Arty's enhancements, but then again maybe I will just play some more New Vegas for a week or so and see what happens once things calm down.

DO NOT expect that button to move OR for a confirmation window to appear though. These are intentional UI choices that I am quite sure were made with all the "consequences" known and accepted by Turbine.

Also the Astral Shards count in the bottom right corner.. REally did we really need that there. Thankfully I can put a toolbar over it.

Thumbs up

This is nothing. You guys haven't seen the German/English-version yet It's literally placed atop of the 'loot all'-button:

(I'ts German/English since they canceled support for the German client last year, and since then every change or new content added is in English, so it's all mixed up, and the UI gets a bit puzzled in many cases also)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Thumbs down

Seriously annoyed me when I mis-clicked last night and lost something I wanted.

I will not pay for astral shards for the simple reason that these buy now options are financially unsafe as implemented.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I'm training myself to use q-e-b to loot chests. Especially after I misclicked and not only lost 3 shards, but also lost a legendary victory!

Did I mention I hate this button?

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Yeah I knew that button was going to get me eventually as soon as I saw it. Try as I might it still cost me several shards. It's still tough not to click it by accident and I not only know it's there - I've been burned.

This isn't quite as bad as that repair thing - I didn't even know it was taking my shards until I ran out. I thought it was just a promo thing. I`ve also accidentally opened the shard tab when buying hirelings and blown my shards that way. This latest button, though, is not just easy to click by accident - it`s hard NOT to click it.

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt before but this is not just poor user-interface or thoughtless design - it`s consistently and clearly on purpose. It`s shady, deceitful and I`m thoroughly disgusted.
    Short Fat Bald Guys of Khyber: Zyp, Klod, and a bunch of mules...

Community Member

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Mithis View Post
    Signed.

Sticking the re-roll button exactly where the 'Loot All' used to be is just plain underhanded.

Move the button above the loot window AND add a confirmation.

Personally I will never even consider using this until these changes are made.
    I have to agree... I almost clicked on it a few times already....

I hope it was just stupidity and not evil intent to put that button right where my muscle memory is used to clicking "Loot all"

Either way, they need to move it or add a confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Well honestly it is. I mean it's a very Zynga way to do things right and they have had a Zynga exec on staff for over a year to help them with "monetization".
    Yes, there's a reason Zynga is going down the toilet. Bringing in a exec who already helped ruin one company (and obviously didn't learn from his mistakes) is not the smartest move Turbine.

DO NOT expect that button to move OR for a confirmation window to appear though. These are intentional UI choices that I am quite sure were made with all the "consequences" known and accepted by Turbine.
    Yeah, you're probably right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Well, whatever Turbine will do next, moving the button and/or adding a confirmation box, will not the change the fact that this is totally dishonest and bellow accepted any moral levels in any gaming company.

I've been noticing these subtle changes in the few months, and if we gather them all:

- Astral Shard item repair. At least it has a number, and a confirmation box. It must have been designed by a younger and inexperienced developer who wasn't bringing enough money into Turbines coffers.

- Daily Dice. No confirmation box when using astral shards with Gold rolls. Add a camouflaged astral shards number and you got a recipe to scam users into roling gold dice until shard count = 0.

- Astral Shard indicator in the bottom. Just above toolbar icons. We can click a toolbar and it overlaps that icon. But the moment we click anywhere in other menu elements, the AS icon is kicked back in to the front. Another scam-like ability from Turbine.

- Reroll Loot button, now in the same place of the former Loot All button. This is a +2 bonus to hit players.

So with all these UI "improvements", Turbine is now a Scam Savant with a +3 bonus on Lure and Deceive skills.

I bought a few things in the last months, and with all the new changes and game bugs, I'm still around to test them and try to adapt. I'me sure there are lot of players like me who still like and buy game items and game improvements. But all these scam-like modifications makes a player seriously think on quitting.

Your company is not going in the right way, you have a whole group of honest and commited players who love the game and give you lots of tips. You just don't seem to care.

Is this the way you treat us?
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

/signed

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP!

This was a rather underhanded move by the devs to get us to accidentally click the re-roll button. (I usually use B to loot all when looting, but muscle-memory has many players accustomed to clicking the Loot All button in its former position.) I can't see this as any kind of coincidence. I've already seen too many fellow party members cursing the Re-Roll button in party chat or voice chat because they have made this exact mistake.

/signed.

And quit filling the chests with rocks and arrows trying to make me WANT to click the reroll button.
    Thelanis: Rogosh, Dhragkar, Dhrakian, Meridion, Maherellen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast