Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default The Reroll Loot button needs to be moved.

While testing the new Enhancements on Lamm I went to the Demonweb to kill a few mobs.

While I was there I spotted a named mob and killed it.

When I went to loot the chest, this is what I discovered:

The Reroll Loot button is uncannily close to where the Loot All button has been since forever.

I've spent the last three and a bit years building muscle memory when it comes to looting chests, it's instinctive by this point, open chest that you know has nothing named in it and hit Loot All at the bottom of the window. When you've been running quest after quest after quest, you don't even think about it, you just loot the vendor trash and move on.

Only now you've placed a second option exactly where I always click...

The Reroll Loot button should be at the top of the window to prevent accidental clicks, or at the very least switch the positions. Most people are right handed and so move the cursor to the Loot All button from the right hand side of the screen.
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 08-15-2013 at 09:37 PM.

mis-clicks are probably the point, it's a sneaky cash grab to try to keep the shards flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    mis-clicks are probably the point, it's a sneaky cash grab to try to keep the shards flowing.
    Last I saw it was 15, then someone in the other thread corrected me to 12, now the SS in the op shows 9. Anyone know what the actual cost of this thing is/will be? Also to the OP: since you did this on Lama, did you hit reroll to check if a confirmation screen was added?

Lastly, I gotta say boo to you Turbine for doing it like this. You could've at least avoided the appearance of shadiness by making the buttons equally sized & spaced...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 08-15-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Lastly, I gotta say boo to you Turbine for doing it like this. You could've at least avoided the appearance of shadiness by making the buttons equally sized & spaced...
    Confirmation dialog and no one could even make the accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    after you click it do you get a box saying ok or cancel?

And why is it that shady light grey colour and a different size

I could care less about spending shards by mistake. But if I've been farming for a piece of ultra rare epic elite gear for 8 months and I click the reroll button and get a greater body essence I would quit this game for good.

Community Member

Last I saw it was 15, then someone in the other thread corrected me to 12, now the SS in the op shows 9. Anyone know what the actual cost of this thing is/will be?
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Since buttons in DDO are generally shaded that light grey color when they're inapplicable for one reason or another, I'd say that the SS in the OP shows 9 because that's all the astral shards the poster has on account -- and since that's not enough to pay for a (12 or 15 shard) reroll, the button is greyed out.

As a player of a non-money-greedy f2p mmo I demand turbine to install a option in the UI Settings to switch on/off "Subliminal impulse buying options". So you can switch off inventory repair for astral shards, reroll loot for astral shards, buying 6th inventory bag, buying more bank space and all the rest via shortcuts. As a rational human and ddo player I know which offers you provide and where to get them in ddo store, so I do not need annoying shortcuts.

And finally reroll loot is a joke, as it only applys to random generated loot afaik. There is actually not one random generated item I actually use on my 8 toons, so I won't bother with it. But nevertheless congratulations, you installed another p2w mechanic (yes, choose the item you want for repeatedly rerolling your loot for a real-moneylike currency), although it is completly weaksauce.

C'mon gimme options to switch it off in UI settings. I swear I will never reroll loot regardless of having switch on/off option or not.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-16-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    And finally reroll loot is a joke, as it only applys to random generated loot afaik. There is actually not one random generated item I actually use on my 8 toons, so I won't bother with it. But nevertheless congratulations, you installed another p2w mechanic (yes, choose the item you want for repeatedly rerolling your loot for a real-moneylike currency), although it is completly weaksauce.
    Wow, I actually found the thread interesting. I am not against Turbine making money or me spending less time getting gear (I value my time). But if it is as you say, that "it only applies to random generated loot" then someone at Turbine really needs a promotion, because inevitable players are not going to get this message (I'm thinking new players or people who do not visit the forums).

They are going to buy hundreds of dollars of shards trying to get a named item to show up on the re-roll. So give this developer a promotion (to sales would be the best fit)!

p.s. This person needs a promotion so real programmers who want to fix/make the game better and believe in ethics have a chance to do so. It would be nice if sales people would work on advertising and expanding the player base instead of leaching off the player base.

As a player of a non-money-greedy f2p mmo I demand turbine to install a option in the UI Settings to switch on/off "Subliminal impulse buying options". So you can switch off inventory repair for astral shards, reroll loot for astral shards, buying 6th inventory bag, buying more bank space and all the rest via shortcuts. As a rational human and ddo player I know which offers you provide and where to get them in ddo store, so I do not need annoying shortcuts.

C'mon gimme options to switch it off in UI settings. I swear I will never reroll loot regardless of having switch on/off option or not.

What he said!!!
    a simple check box to turn these immersion breaking mechanics off!

Zynga taking over.
    Soon you will get pop up windows when you log in game, like they have it in other zynga games.
    I played them, guess why I stopped.

first time im seeing this and all i can think is 'pay2win'.

i hate pay2win threads too.
    Real join date: Update 7

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    after you click it do you get a box saying ok or cancel?

I didn't try clicking it, I was on Lamm and so didn't have any Astral Shards, however, other than for testing purposes for things like this I will never, ever, deliberately use it, so I have no idea if there's a confirmation box or not. One would hope so, but I doubt it.

As for the grey colour, that's simply due to the fact that I'd already looted the chest. Before I looted it, it was the same colour as the other button.

To the best of my knowledge Turbine have priced different chests differently, this one in the Demonweb was apparently 9 A$, another in a quest might be more or less depending on the level.

Community Member

This needs to come with a "hide button" UI option. About the third time I ragequit from hitting the reroll button instead of 'loot all', DDO will be uninstalled for the sake of my monitor.

You guys want to shove more astral shard nonsense at us? Fine, but this is fast encroaching on Zynga phone app territory. The bank buy now tab is appropriate. The inventory buy now tab is a PITA, as is the rather unclear shard repair button. Astral shard counter in the corner? Crass.

Pay button on my chests? That's some Neverwinter BS, Turbine. If you're not going to respect the players, at least try to respect yourselves.

Last I saw it was 15, then someone in the other thread corrected me to 12, now the SS in the op shows 9. Anyone know what the actual cost of this thing is/will be?
    My guess would be that it varies based on the type of chest, much like the cost of repair from your inventory with shards depends on where you use it.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    This needs to come with a "hide button" UI option.
    /signed

Rerolling a chest gives it a chance to spawn anything it normally can. So if you're having bad luck farming a certain named item you can reroll for another chance at it. Also, don't be so quick to dismiss random loot. On Monday some of the best stuff you can get will be random generated.

but yeah, this is stupid. We don't need another button on our chests. Especially one which could potentially cause big problems if clicked accidentally.

Community Member

The price varies depending on the level of the chest.
    There is no confirmation last time I checked -click it and your shards, and first roll are irrevocably gone.
    You can get named items on reroll -I personally had this happen.
    It does not work on raid chests.

Community Member

Anything named that can normally drop in a particular chest, can be dropped on a reroll. I had oodles of shards, so rerolled every chest, and pulled named loot once because of it.

I think the original reroll price on Lamm was 50 (for all chests), but that was clearly described as not the final price. I doubt it will flex via chest, that would seem to be rather complicated both in pricing terms and code for most of their recent cash grab features, but they could.

There was no confirmation box, and who knows if they will implement one.

I agree with the sentiment that the visual elements should be able to be optionally turned off. As a VIP, my question is, can I for a dollar more a month, purchase a GTFOOMF option for these "features".

1. It's like having a salesman continuously popping his head in my field of view the entire time I play.
    2. I don't have waiters shoving menus in my face between bites after I've ordered and started eating.
    3. It's actually worse than a number of popular phone games.
    4. Why do I have to actively avoid pieces of a UI (I can't avoid to actually play the game) to keep from costing myself wasted money? It's worse than a trying to dodge samples in the department store perfume section.

From a customer experience viewpoint, the whole point of having "data" about customer purchasing patterns is to tailor the experience to the customer's real world actions and preferences. I don't pester my customers who buy high end paintings by trying to convince them need to dump $5 on a piece of plastic shaped like a unicorn, or vice versa, everytime I see them. It's rude, and counter-intuitive because it just ****es customers off. The UI should be smart enough to hide things I don't care about. And, it's safe to say, since I've never once clicked on the "shard repair" button, or purchased shards, that to keep displaying it is only guarranteed to do one thing, and that's annoy.
    Last edited by myliftkk_v2; 08-16-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Only now you've placed a second option exactly where I always click...

The Reroll Loot button should be at the top of the window to prevent accidental clicks, or at the very least switch the positions. Most people are right handed and so move the cursor to the Loot All button from the right hand side of the screen.
    /signed

This smells fishy to me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast