Default I just realised why lit2 was good

I was mucking about running brave-ly* level 8 quests with my two trusty repeaters. One is a cannith crafted masterful holy burst with slotted vampire slayer and for non-evil enemies I would switch to old random +1 desert sand heavy repeater. As I was running stormcleave outpost, I realised that I would keep using my desert sand one all the time. The vast majority of enemies would die after two volleys from any repeater; the few enemies that had more hp like giants, would take three or four volleys OR one procurement of slicing winds. Even though the crafted one gets the +0,5w from paragon, an extra 1d6 from holy compared to screaming and the bonus 1d4 light, it doesn't make a difference. It's always two volleys.

That's why that extra 600 or so damage from lightning strike is so good; it makes all the difference against enemies that matter.

Conclusion: bring back old random prefixes and suffixes please! I want my riptide repeater, my pandemonium repeater and a "flaming burst" desert sand repeater!

*brave-ly: running at level for elite bravery streak bonus ie for level 8 quests at level 10.
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

"brave-ly".. you mean running around like a normal person?

Also, it's a 1.5% chance of happening. Not worth factoring in for anything but EE. And low levels monsters don't matter.

I disagree slightly there.

Granted many times that PROC didn't really do anything that mattered as it was vast overkill but it's not like it hurt anything anyway and in general the difference is 1 volley, often none at lower levels. That said though there are times when that proc is exactly what you needed to save your bacon.

More than once I have made a bad situation significantly better with a timely Proc or two.

In raw DPS terms it's mostly a wash but in situational / timely / lucky proc situations it can be a godsend.

Due to the way lag works, proc chances can occur more often than 1.x%. A lot more.

Yeah sometimes that massive "kaboom!" can be a lifesaver... but IMO, every arty should if at all possible try an ooze2 repeater, aka "the pudding gun" - fear the squelchy hordes!
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Ooooh rest assured ooze2 was the first gs repeater I made and I didn't do it for the lols. Those things in stationary quests (arena-like) or bosses can be very useful!
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes