Community Member

Default Handwraps and Dex to Damage

I've tried a couple of different combinations that should add Dexterity to Damage with Unarmed/Handwraps attacks, and they don't work.

I have a monk/ranger with Weapon Finesse and Improved Weapon Finesse from the Deepwood Stalker. This put the tag "Dexterity to Damage" on my equipped handwraps (on various ones actually), but in tests the damage results were obviously using my strength.

Out of curiosity, I made another toon that was Rogue/Monk with the Dagger in the Back enhancement and Weapon Finesse, with the same results (handwraps showed "Dexterity to Damage", but no increased damage). I even made it more drastic by having a 6 strength and 20 dexterity, with damage results between 1 and 9, not including crits (unarmed strike damage with +2 handwraps was 1.5(1d6)+0, and should have been 1.5(1d6)+7 if Dex was used).

read by QA

Community Member

I also tried it, with the ninja spy enhancements that need a piercing or slashing weapon along with the vorpal strikes feat (which makes your unarmed attacks slashing when active), and no dex to damage. And yes, I made sure the vorpal strikes stance was active.

Community Member

Default Spiked Handwraps?

Have Handwraps with the Spiked property, such as the Scorching Wraps from Three Barrel Cove or the Ivy Wraps from The Druid's Curse, been tested to see if they work with the Ninja Spy enhancements requiring a Piercing or Slashing Weapon? (The Spiked property adds Piercing damage to your unarmed attacks while the above named handwraps are equipped.) Thoughts?

Default Bug Reported On Lammie and Live ...

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    read by QA
    I bug reported this twice. Initially I was hoping that the "lack" of damage showing up when looking at the handwraps was just a graphical glitch - but my numbers don't translate to what they should be with a 50 dex (+20 damage in theory only ... sadly).

Any additional info from the QA Gods would be appreciated ...