Default Monk +2 to shuriken crit range STILL NOT working

Just logged back onto Lammania to test if this has been fixed (allthough whats the point with the ninja poison NERF) and NO its not.

Regular shuriken= 20x2 (I have imp crit thrown)
    The shuriken shows a crit range of 18-20x2 when examining it, but I only get crit confirmation rolls on 19 and 20, not on 18, let alone 15-20 since this SHOULD be stacking with imp crit.

Snowstar= 18-20x2 (still have imp crit thrown)
    Examining the shuriken shows a crit range of 16-20x2. No critical confirmation rolls on 14 and below. Critical confirmation rolls on 15 and above are NORMAL for this shuriken as it has a UNIQUE crit range (and I have imp crit).

Conclusion= This bug has NOT been fixed at all.

P.S. You need to seriously un-NERF ninja poison with shuriken, if the damage must be reduced then fine, but make it work on HIT again and not just CRIT, this was WAY WAY to big of a nerf! A 90% nerf in fact! ALSO make ninja poison effect even poison immune mobs, call it a magical not natural poison (its powered by Ki)
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    ALSO make ninja poison effect even poison immune mobs, call it a magical not natural poison (its powered by Ki)
    Wouldn't that make it supernatural rather than magical?
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

Bumping this, patch 2 and still not working, at all.

I had really hoped they would fix this along with the other bugs for shuriken like Drow Attack and Damage not working either but this "Patch" looks more like an Update with content instead of bugfixes unfortunately.
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win

Still not working. Had hoped the fix would be in Update 20 at least...
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

But hey at least they are fixing the dreaded ability to stack faster sneaking amiright?

Look on the bright side your halfing shuriken thower fast sneaking 100% sneak mode for thrown weapon +w no longer looks so tempting at only 50% faster sneaking, AND the crit boost doesn't work ... so you can just scrap that build and do something less UBER like 8 fighter 12 monk centered eSoS.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

True. In combination with the nerf to Life Stealing there goes another cool build concept down the drain...

Devs can we have a fix please?
    Last edited by Firewall; 10-14-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Any news if this has been fixed in the new build? I would test it myself but my charactercopy failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    Any news if this has been fixed in the new build? I would test it myself but my charactercopy failed.
    Bug report it some more. Squeaky wheel gets the grease

Community Member

Squeak squeak. O___o

Any news if this is finally working? Haven't seen anything in the Release Notes and cannot test it since character copy is not working and it is a PITA to try to get any kind of shuriken on Lamannia.

Despite Vargouille saying otherwise (here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e7#post5260545) the bug is still not fixed in the actual Lamannia release (Final Round for U21). I have just tested it. How is that possible if you really have found the problem?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Just logged back onto Lammania to test if this has been fixed (allthough whats the point with the ninja poison NERF) and NO its not.

Regular shuriken= 20x2 (I have imp crit thrown)
    The shuriken shows a crit range of 18-20x2 when examining it, but I only get crit confirmation rolls on 19 and 20, not on 18, let alone 15-20 since this SHOULD be stacking with imp crit.

Snowstar= 18-20x2 (still have imp crit thrown)
    Examining the shuriken shows a crit range of 16-20x2. No critical confirmation rolls on 14 and below. Critical confirmation rolls on 15 and above are NORMAL for this shuriken as it has a UNIQUE crit range (and I have imp crit).

Conclusion= This bug has NOT been fixed at all.

P.S. You need to seriously un-NERF ninja poison with shuriken, if the damage must be reduced then fine, but make it work on HIT again and not just CRIT, this was WAY WAY to big of a nerf! A 90% nerf in fact! ALSO make ninja poison effect even poison immune mobs, call it a magical not natural poison (its powered by Ki)
    Is the crit bug you mention and the nerf to ninja poison currently in the live game? I ask this because I just did an EPIC tr on my 20 monk and built it as a pure shuriken thrower. After running several ES EE quests I'm not as impressed as I expected with the performance of the build. In particular the ninja poison even at 20 stacks wasn't exactly doing much dps on rednames. So if this gets further nerfed then I'm not sure there's even a point (then again the pathetic improved cursespewing dot pretty much tells me devs have no clue anyhow).
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

BTW this is still broken.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Note that Halfling Shuriken crit modifier is also (still) broken... but I'm sure the issue that makes them not apply is universal.

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    Note that Halfling Shuriken crit modifier is also (still) broken... but I'm sure the issue that makes them not apply is universal.
    Yes it affects all throwing weapons. For example the Assassin Tier 5 Enhancement 'Knife Specialization' does not apply the enhanced crit range to throwing daggers even though it applies the enhanced crit multiplier correctly.

GREAT NEWS!!!

from the release notes:

• The Monk Ninja Spy's Ninja Master now provides its bonus to Critical Threat Range on a shuriken when centered.

I actually tested it on Lamannia and IT REALLY WORKS!!! Without IC:Thrown you crit on a 18-20 and with IC:Thrown you crit on a 15-20. Even the extended crit range from Divine Crusader works now. 13-20 crit range all in all!

Great work Devs!!!
    Last edited by Firewall; 05-23-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    GREAT NEWS!!!

from the release notes:

• The Monk Ninja Spy's Ninja Master now provides its bonus to Critical Threat Range on a shuriken when centered.

I actually tested it on Lamannia and IT REALLY WORKS!!! Without IC:Thrown you crit on a 18-20 and with IC:Thrown you crit on a 15-20. Even the extended crit range from Divine Crusader works now. 13-20 crit range all in all!

Great work Devs!!!
    Can't wait to try it out tonight

Now if they could also fix Sting of the Ninja, I would be in heaven !!!
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.