Default Since Update 21 - nice set of crashes you got there

This is what I have noticed

Several sudden drops. I can be running towards something in a public area and then suddenly the game crashes. Gone.
    Several times now the entire update have completely reinstalled. I'm not talking about during patching. But outside patching. Twice. Starting game, suddenly it's installing despite I had already installed whatever patch or update that were previously released.
    Like now. I change toon - the game hangs. Bad. So I get out, try to log in again. Still hung. I try a different account, fine. Go back to old - hung saying 'cleaning up old connection'. I follow instructions and reload the computer. And now it's reinstalling the entire update again.

I don't know what you guys did, but it's not the only thing I've seen that's disturbing. Like in my new win 8 laptop - game worked fine before the update and now it can crash when I log out, to get hung completely in blacks screen and when I minimize the entire game everything has a hue of blue. It's like the colors got screwed up. And I have the latest updated drivers for all hardware. it's Update 21.

It's one thing to have bugs galore (like the bug where the bags stops collecting things from your inventory when you click gather - it works and then it stops). But when this is affecting my computer, from crashing to hanging completely I wonder if it's not safer for me to stop playing for a few months until you get your stuff together.

Default Seeing similar events since latest update...

Lots and lots of crippling lag on my account and when I re-log can take up to 10-12 mins to reconnect...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batallia View Post
    Lots and lots of crippling lag on my account and when I re-log can take up to 10-12 mins to reconnect...
    Out curiosity, are you using the pre-loader as well as temporarily dealing with the awesomium file?

2015 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Unhappy

I just heard about the pre loader and am trying to find it on here. I had the issue since maybe update 15 of spinning, It was annoying, but quitting the game and reloading it stopped it. Since update 21, I have the same issue. Everything seems fine, and I head to someplace in a public place, the screen goes white (maybe) and I get a connection to server is lost message. It might happen once a day, maybe every couple of days. It never happened before. Also, I never had connection issues before. Now I have the must start the game get kicked out and restart it before it is okay.

I hope the pre loader helps this, but it never happened to be before the update.

Community Member

preloader solves 90% of connection/crash issue, is a must to have, just type ddo preloader on google
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    It's one thing to have bugs galore (like the bug where the bags stops collecting things from your inventory when you click gather - it works and then it stops)
    that's not a bug. the gather button only works every 3 minutes (or something like that) as a change to stop exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    that's not a bug. the gather button only works every 3 minutes (or something like that) as a change to stop exploits.
    Has this been documented anywhere?

If not - maybe we could get some official confirmation this to be WAI.

I now only say *cough*, *cannith crafting*, *essence sundering*, *cough*...

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    I have gotten the gather button to work quicker on certain occasions.

I can't remember if it is closing the bag down, then reopening.

Close the bag down, throw in bank, take it out, and reopen and gather.

Close the bag down, throw in shared bank, take it out, and reopen and gather.

I am pretty sure one of them was when I was doing multiple trades with different people during card trades that it worked after I traded with a different person and received something different and new along with something that was the same.

I have not paid much attention to it, as I always regret opening a bag and taking stuff out and not having it work the second time, which happens much more often.

I just wanted to say that there are ways to get it to happen like it used to work, depending on the scenario.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

I have not paid much attention to it, as I always regret opening a bag and taking stuff out and not having it work the second time, which happens much more often.

I just wanted to say that there are ways to get it to happen like it used to work, depending on the scenario.
    ... actually, seems that bags work sort of erratically nowadays, no matter what you're doing with them.

There are several things that happen sometimes, occasionally, depending on possibly something but I have no idea what. The one about exclusive bags vanishing if you have one in your inventory and double-click on another of the same in the bank, for example...

And looks like this same problem is with quivers too, possibly all containers.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Unhappy believe me

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    This is what I have noticed

Several sudden drops. I can be running towards something in a public area and then suddenly the game crashes. Gone.
    Several times now the entire update have completely reinstalled. I'm not talking about during patching. But outside patching. Twice. Starting game, suddenly it's installing despite I had already installed whatever patch or update that were previously released.
    Like now. I change toon - the game hangs. Bad. So I get out, try to log in again. Still hung. I try a different account, fine. Go back to old - hung saying 'cleaning up old connection'. I follow instructions and reload the computer. And now it's reinstalling the entire update again.

I don't know what you guys did, but it's not the only thing I've seen that's disturbing. Like in my new win 8 laptop - game worked fine before the update and now it can crash when I log out, to get hung completely in blacks screen and when I minimize the entire game everything has a hue of blue. It's like the colors got screwed up. And I have the latest updated drivers for all hardware. it's Update 21.

It's one thing to have bugs galore (like the bug where the bags stops collecting things from your inventory when you click gather - it works and then it stops). But when this is affecting my computer, from crashing to hanging completely I wonder if it's not safer for me to stop playing for a few months until you get your stuff together.
    You do understand that its not DDO/WB fault its the internet fault, OK so you will say its in the coding but DDO/WB have way to many people that can fix the coding thy must for thy did just lay off quite a few Code writers, DV, customer service persons
    and other staff.

So you Sr are just spouting off about DDO/WB serves provider to the internet please look to your service provider for answers DDO/WB are not the problem.

End of line.
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Community Member

Isn't so simple, data transfer is complex. I got really few lag issue. Probably if yu got wireless, yu should consider to use a cable, if yur PC got just 2g ram, yu should consider to add 2 more, if yu don't use preloader yu should consider to download and use it (if free and legal)...

As i told, is complex. Maybe turbine fault, or yur, or someone else.

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

im haven't had very many issues. maybe a few crashes at startup but not very often. no i don't use the ddo preloader.

Community Member

preloader fix that kind of crash