Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Quarterstaff Rog / Monk
    Concept: This build is all about the Quarterstaff. With the new enhancement system you are able to stack many damage boosting enhancements. Ultimately when you are not beating your enemies to death with a big stick you are tripping them to do bonus damage, sneak attack them to some extent, or dodging/evading enemies. Other things of interest with this build include: Staff Tripping using Dex for DC, and Vaulting (yep it’s a thing), enhancement/stances that increase your attack speed (Monk Stance Line). A pretty straight forward build.
    Class Distribution: 12 Rogue, 8 Monk (any Dex giving Race); Build becomes feasible right away (though 2 levels to gain 1 rogue and 1 monk)
    Enhancement/Item Focus: All the Dex, Best Quarterstaffs you can get. Drip DC increasing.
    Did this on live as a big stick build using Horc was lots of fun bet this will be too

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Crossbow Arti / Rog
    Concept: Similar to the Quarterstaff build, but with Crossbows. Ultimately there are 2 ways you can go about making this build. You can go about making an Int based crossbow user (rogue mechanic at core enhancement at level 6) which will help with Artificer spellcasting, a larger repertoire of trained skills (jack of all trades), and potential assassination bonuses. Dex based crossbow users follow more closely the Dex based ranged feat line and only require 4 rogue (to get the crossbow damage bonus line). Higher Dex will grant you things you’d expect (both build have Evasion; and stealth gameplay becomes easier). Ultimately the choice is yours.
    Class Distribution: At least 6 Rogue, and 12 Artificer (last 2 levels are personal preference). I found that Drow works well with this build (and the new Morning lord if you wish to go that route); INT Build becomes feasible at level 7, and DEX Build becomes feasible right away (though 2 levels are required to gain 1 rogue and 1 artificer)
    Enhancement/Item Focus: An awesome Crossbow, all the Dex or Int (see above), crossbow/ranged feats. General skill based gear to give you utility (open locks, disable device, etc.)
    Have a 6 Rogue 14 Arti on live now does amazing crossbow damage 6 rogue gies int to crossbow damage and use insightful strikes to get int to hit.

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    As the title says...

The update brings the CHA hit/dam for PDK Iconics which means you can make a battle sorc. The melee damage is going to be no worse than a Tukaw build, and you'll have more SP, higher DC's... at the cost of self healing.

It's (sort of) an option for those who are bored with juggernaut builds.
    With Sorc I'd rather go Bladeforged for Repair healing Sorc16/Monk2/Pally2 allowing for evasion and the massive boost to saves as well as the various defensive bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    High CHA/CON and whatever DEX you can fit for the evasion... does limit you to weapons PDK's can use with CHA modifier, but still a pretty good selection.
    honestly your gonna want the ESoS anyways so GS isn't really a limitation again I'd say Dex14/Con16/Cha18 same as the Sorc build this ones less survivable though but of course your more off a main buffer off-DPS your unlikely to pull any aggro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Here's a few more from the Kobold pit.

Sunlord
    Concept: Use the power of Light to turn your opponents to dust! This build involves using Light base spells (many of them Spell Like Abilities) with high crit chances to burst enemies. This build focuses on mixing levels with Cleric Divine Disciple enhancements with Angel of Vengance enhancements. The Light spellpower and Light Critical enhancement stack together. Divine Disciple grants the player some powerful SLA (and access to the Sun Bolt spell).
    Class Distribution: 14 Favored Soul, 6 Cleric (best used with Morning Lord; +30 Light Spellpower); becomes feasible right away
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Light Spellpower, Light Spell Critical, Healing (if you off heal), durability, Damage Caster Metamagics.

Zombie Monk!!!
    Concept: This is more of a fun build than anything. With this build player can get their monk melee damage dice easily over 7d8. PLEASE NOTE: that after investigation this build doesn’t provide the best DPS (still viable though). Essentially the Pale Master Zombie form adds +1[W] to unarmed attacks; this stacks with monk damage dice. This form also grants +100% fortification, +2 Strength, +2 Con, DR 5/Slashing, but makes you immune to positive energy damage and heal with negative energy. You may find a series of Melee Attacks to cycle through to utilize the high dice damage.
    Class Distribution: 17 Monk, 3 Wizard (can be used by any race)
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Anything that increases unarmed monk damage, Strength gear, any enhancement or epic destiny melee attack that adds to damage. Durability.

Elf Bow Kensei
    Concept: This build is about making a Kensei Longbow user, taking some Arcane Archer enhancements, and then using your Dex for damage. This build is pretty straight forward, grab all the ranged feats, grab an awesome bow, and let it rip. Since you must dump points into the Elf Racial Tree to activate this you will have to decide whether to go partially up the Arcane Archer tree, or partially up the Kensei tree (both have their strengths and weaknesses).
    Class Distribution: 20 Fighter, MUST BE ELF; feasible at level 6.
    Enhancement/Item Focus: All the Dex, All the archery/ranged feats, all the things that add damage to longbow attacks.

Tempest Vampire
    Concept: This is kind of an interesting build. This build focuses on advancing through the Tempest tree, trying to get your off-hand, double strike, off-hand double strike as high as you can. Then become a vampire and gain health every time you land a hit. Throw in an attack speed haste boost and you can heal pretty fast
    Class Distribution: 14 Ranger, 6 Wizard; feasible at level 12
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Two-Handed fighting feats/enhancements (though most are granted via ranger). Dex for damage (via the tempest tree). Con and health items/enhancements.

Bear-dar-Kai
    Concept: AOE Bear form Shadar-Kai. This build focuses on grouping enemies together and destroying them with an arsenal of aoe melee attacks. Shadar Kai chain attack scales off of character level so you can take any combination of classes. Take Cleave, Great Cleave, Whirlwind, and then eventually head up the Legendary Dreadnought tree to gain damage and Lay Waste (base dire bear damage dice is 1d12). Pretty much just focus damage while in bear form.
    Class Distribution: 2 Rogue, 8 Druid, 10 Fighter, atleast 23 Strength by level 21; Feasible at level lower levels (as quickly as you can start getting your aoe attacks)
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Whirlwind attack, Overwhelming Critical, Strength/damage gear, survivability, crit/seeker, Legendary Dreadnought tree OR Fury of the Wild for Adrenaline overload

Regen Monk
    Concept: This build uses the Cleric Positive Energy Aura while in a monk build to continuously heal themselves. A going up the Shintao tree and taking the core enhancements both increases your positive spellpower and Healing Amplification. Going human, epic destiny, and various items will further improve your positive spellpower and healing amp. As far as DPS or Tank build goes it’s up to the player. You could go tank, or theoretically go dps.
    Class Distribution: 14 Monk, 6 Cleric (Human is the best given Improved Recovery); Feasible at level 12
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Healing Amp, Positive Spellpower, Grandmaster line, durability tank or DPS or both; anything else you want for your monk

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post

Sunlord
    Concept: Use the power of Light to turn your opponents to dust! This build involves using Light base spells (many of them Spell Like Abilities) with high crit chances to burst enemies. This build focuses on mixing levels with Cleric Divine Disciple enhancements with Angel of Vengance enhancements. The Light spellpower and Light Critical enhancement stack together. Divine Disciple grants the player some powerful SLA (and access to the Sun Bolt spell).
    Class Distribution: 14 Favored Soul, 6 Cleric (best used with Morning Lord; +30 Light Spellpower); becomes feasible right away
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Light Spellpower, Light Spell Critical, Healing (if you off heal), durability, Damage Caster Metamagics.
    That looks like it might be fun. I'm planning it in my head right now, 'cause more light-damage nuking from Nae is ALWAYS a good thing.

Elf Bow Kensei
    Concept: This build is about making a Kensei Longbow user, taking some Arcane Archer enhancements, and then using your Dex for damage. This build is pretty straight forward, grab all the ranged feats, grab an awesome bow, and let it rip. Since you must dump points into the Elf Racial Tree to activate this you will have to decide whether to go partially up the Arcane Archer tree, or partially up the Kensei tree (both have their strengths and weaknesses).
    Enhancement/Item Focus: All the Dex, All the archery/ranged feats, all the things that add damage to longbow attacks.
    Maybe this could be my archer's life after the pass...though I love evasion...

Tempest Vampire
    Concept: This is kind of an interesting build. This build focuses on advancing through the Tempest tree, trying to get your off-hand, double strike, off-hand double strike as high as you can. Then become a vampire and gain health every time you land a hit. Throw in an attack speed haste boost and you can heal pretty fast
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Two-Handed fighting feats/enhancements (though most are granted via ranger). Dex for damage (via the tempest tree). Con and health items/enhancements.
    So maybe that instead, because that would be really really crazy flavor fun.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member

I guess that it is good for us to see what the playtesting done to find how to balance new systems comes up with. Apparently, entirely theme based builds. Rather than actually pushing the limits of the system to find where it does not work, as many posters on the Lamannia forum have done. I mean, that testing could be used to find where the brokeness in the system is. Or it could be used to see what kind of crazy theme based builds are possible! One of these is decidedly more fun than the other. (Though, the other one seems much more important from a game design perspective.....)

Bear-dar-Kai
    Concept: AOE Bear form Shadar-Kai. This build focuses on grouping enemies together and destroying them with an arsenal of aoe melee attacks. Shadar Kai chain attack scales off of character level so you can take any combination of classes. Take Cleave, Great Cleave, Whirlwind, and then eventually head up the Legendary Dreadnought tree to gain damage and Lay Waste (base dire bear damage dice is 1d12). Pretty much just focus damage while in bear form.
    Class Distribution: 2 Rogue, 8 Druid, 10 Fighter, atleast 23 Strength by level 21; Feasible at level lower levels (as quickly as you can start getting your aoe attacks)
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Whirlwind attack, Overwhelming Critical, Strength/damage gear, survivability, crit/seeker, Legendary Dreadnought tree OR Fury of the Wild for Adrenaline overload
    This is similar to my plans for the rogue iconic. Though I am debating between wolf and bear.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Regen Monk
    Concept: This build uses the Cleric Positive Energy Aura while in a monk build to continuously heal themselves. A going up the Shintao tree and taking the core enhancements both increases your positive spellpower and Healing Amplification. Going human, epic destiny, and various items will further improve your positive spellpower and healing amp. As far as DPS or Tank build goes it’s up to the player. You could go tank, or theoretically go dps.
    Class Distribution: 14 Monk, 6 Cleric (Human is the best given Improved Recovery); Feasible at level 12
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Healing Amp, Positive Spellpower, Grandmaster line, durability tank or DPS or both; anything else you want for your monk
    12monk/7cleric/1fighter - get a couple of level 4 spells plus an extra feat & scratch out a few more HP too
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    I guess that it is good for us to see what the playtesting done to find how to balance new systems comes up with. Apparently, entirely theme based builds. Rather than actually pushing the limits of the system to find where it does not work, as many posters on the Lamannia forum have done. I mean, that testing could be used to find where the brokeness in the system is. Or it could be used to see what kind of crazy theme based builds are possible! One of these is decidedly more fun than the other. (Though, the other one seems much more important from a game design perspective.....)
    These are not the same things that QA does tests with. Most of these are just ideas that we have come up with after having tested the new Enhancement system.

My crazy Lamannia Build was thus:

Pale Divine/Priest of Vol

14 Cleric/6 Wizard: Combine Pale Master and Dark Divine Disciple: Free Negative Energy Burst SLA for self-healing, the ability to self-Harm (unfortunately, requires hard targeting yourself), vamp form boosts your charisma on turn attempts, mass inflict for self-healing, necro DC boosts. Killing things that aren't instakillable can be time consuming (DP isn't uber with all the negative energy focus, but your inflicts and harms actually land consistently for their pitiful damage), and Epic Elite would be suicide, but as a fun, flavor build you end up just standing around while everything nearby dies. Focus on high wisdom, a little int for skills and a few low-level arcane spells, then negative energy boosts and crit enhancements, necro DC boosts, and SLAs everywhere. Secondary focus is constitution for survivability.

Also works flipped as a 16 Wizard/4 Cleric using wraith form. Same idea - instakills all the time, persisted DoTs and AoEs on everything else. Switch the focus to Int from Wis
    Last edited by dlsidhe; 08-16-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Tempest Vampire
    I never liked vampire builds. Light monk would get you the same regen as vampire, without removing you from the positive mass heals that everyone else is getting. And that x4 damage from light is an absolute killer. I'm sure someone would enjoy this, but I would not want to play it. (I still think mummy would have been a much cooler and more useful form than vampire)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Before my specific remarks, I just don't understand your thinking with the builds you're putting out. Flavor builds can be fun, I like playing my wolf form builds now and then, but these seem to be sub standard even from that.

Sunlord
    my only concern would be that imo a mostly divine build should be capable of being a raid healer at cap. This build will be missing cure crit mass and mass heal. This seems to be severely limiting the ability to raid heal. If the goal is pure dps I'd have to see the end numbers before I pass judgement but I don't think they will high enough for a raid spot compared to a sorc or wiz or even druid.
    Zombie Monk!!!
    Concept: This is more of a fun build than anything. With this build player can get their monk melee damage dice easily over 7d8. PLEASE NOTE: that after investigation this build doesn’t provide the best DPS (still viable though). Essentially the Pale Master Zombie form adds +1[W] to unarmed attacks; this stacks with monk damage dice. This form also grants +100% fortification, +2 Strength, +2 Con, DR 5/Slashing, but makes you immune to positive energy damage and heal with negative energy. You may find a series of Melee Attacks to cycle through to utilize the high dice damage.
    Class Distribution: 17 Monk, 3 Wizard (can be used by any race)
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Anything that increases unarmed monk damage, Strength gear, any enhancement or epic destiny melee attack that adds to damage. Durability.
    you really need at least 7 wizard so you can get level 4 spells so you can heal yourself, hirelings, most fvs, and some clerics don't carry harm. The build as stated would have no way to heal it's self.
    Elf Bow Kensei
    Might work don't do enough archer builds to say
    Tempest Vampire
    This has all the problems noted with zombie combined with the fact that the light damage increase on vamp form means you're going to be a soul stone in most any content with divine casting mobs. x4 light damage just creates way too much damage for this to be a viable form in any build.
    Bear-dar-Kai
    Has the problems of the vorpal wolf build (ie no natural fighting which is absolutely required for an animal form) combined with the very slow pausey attacks of bear form. Very poor build.
    Regen Monk
    My only question is why 6 cleric 7 for level four spells or 5 seems like what you'd want. It'll be interesting to see how this might play out with the battle cleric line when that gets released.

Vampire form is listed as taking 3x light damage.
    If you take Improved Shrouding it then becomes 2x (like the other forms).
    Then there's the Cloak of Night toggle, which can reduces light damage by up to 50% (at the cost of the same to healing).

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Vampire form is listed as taking 3x light damage.
    If you take Improved Shrouding it then becomes 2x (like the other forms).
    Then there's the Cloak of Night toggle, which can reduces light damage by up to 50% (at the cost of the same to healing).
    My mistake on that but it's still a huge survival downgrade compared to just going tempest.

Community Member

*.*
    they really did finally tune down light damage, awesome.

But anyway, everything with such few wiz lvl will have tremendous trouble with selfhealing as undead.
    Because you really need Death Aura AND Neg. Energy Burst, lesser Death Aura or Vampiric just doesnt cut it.

I played a Wraithblade 2 times and even 13lvl wiz was often not enough SP to make it to the next shrine without SP pot.

The builds KookieKobold posted are at best flavor builds and even for that really weak, nothing that should get posted here on the Forums without warning.

As Charononus said: 7lvl wiz are the absolute minimum
    I would even go as far and say 11lvl wiz but maybe i am just to lazy for scrolling that stupid tensers :P
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Sunlord
    Interesting, tell the kobolds thank you.

Thanks for the ideas, Maj and Kookie. I'll definitely be rolling a few of these up and playing around .

Shouldn't be a problem for me (as has been suggested) since I almost exclusively solo or, at the most, duo with my fiancee.

On a side note... My mom always told me, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". So, to some of those of you posting your "opinions"... I got nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    On a side note... My mom always told me, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". So, to some of those of you posting your "opinions"... I got nothing...
    We're posting our opinions because the ideas posted here for builds are bad. If I came up to you and started telling you that russian roulette was a fun game for kids, wouldn't you tell me I'm an idiot? Yes this is an exaggeration but it's for emphasis, telling someone that an idea is bad and has problems is not a personal attack, it's saying an idea is bad. This is something those of you that are trying to defend these builds are missing.

Community Member

Regen Monk
    My main problem with this is the emphasis on the aura. I'm just not certain you'll get much oomph out of it with only 6 cleric levels (1 hp/3 cleric levels). You're looking at roughly 2 hp per tic at 6 cleric. Aura also only doesn't have access to either maximize or empower, so even assuming 300+% healing amp (possible, maybe) and 400 positive spellpower (unlikely), you're looking at a max of 24 hp/tic. Better off going with 1 cleric for empower healing and grabbing the primal av. regen, imo.

Unless aura tics changed to character level while I wasn't watching. What this build -might- be able to do nicely is abuse primal tree form, in which case you'd probably want to try to focus on using aura just to proc charges and amping doublestrike.
    Last edited by sandypaws; 08-18-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

Talking Nice ideas to get us thinking, testing, showing what we know of the game!

Nice idea for these Builds - they might be completely flavour and not much good on mid lvl, end game or even at low lvls, but they are just the thing everyone likes to think "what if I tried ..."

So instead of saying its bad to post them, I say thanks for getting us into brainstorming mode. And for everyone who mentions why one build or the other is not viable (with mostly stating exactly why not, and more often than not proposing better alternatives) - Thanks a lot to help us people who have less insight in the system as of yet refrain from making too many critical mistakes.

I would love to see this going on for the next couple of weeks so we can flesh out some things that defenitely do not work well in game play, and on the other hand it can help to find new nice build ideas.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    5) I loathe the arti/mechanic build. I have no idea what 6 rogue is bringing to that party apart from Int to-hit. Since you probably want Combat Archery anyway, or at least Improved Precise Shot, Dex to-hit is absolutely fine.

I see these on live and in these forums often and it just saddens me. It's a really dumb split.
    Before this update these didn't synergize that well, but now it seems quite a bit better no? 3% doubleshot, +2 more damage, int modifier for damage (+plus hit), more int, sneak attack dice, small increase to range, wand/scroll mastery and that UMD enhancement that got stolen from artificers being available again. Looks like better pure ranged than an arti would be, and at the very least a LOT more viable split for doing rogue past lives than before. I'm kind of wondering if great crossbows have potential too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast