Default Good server to return to?

Hi folks
    I have been away for awhile, at least a year, and am thinking its time to return.
    I wanted to ask which server(s) currently have a stronger player base, I am in Eastern
    North America and used to play on Ghallanda. Nothing against Ghallanda but I figure it
    Might be easier to start up again at level one and I really don't feel like going through
    Old characters looking to delete enough to have a free slot atm. Any advice?

Thelanis is clearly the best server, but if you don't want the best you could go for the worst. Wayfinder has a permanent 10% xp bonus.

Thelanis!

Community Member

Orien is best server.

Khyber... Even without Shade, we still have the most drama....

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Khyber... Even without Shade, we still have the most drama....
    When did DDO lose Shade?

Doooom!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    When did DDO lose Shade?

Doooom!
    When he started crushing it in NW.

He will likely be back when the expansion launches - for a few weeks.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Default Khyber

I am afraid khyber is not open for anyone. But depending on your offer, I can get you the necessary papers.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-16-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

If you're looking for footfall traffic to have a better chance of actually having people on at level to quest with, then Ghallanda is where all the cool kids are

From http://www.ddoracle.com/Traffic.html

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    If you're looking for footfall traffic to have a better chance of actually having people on at level to quest with, then Ghallanda is where all the cool kids are
    What happened since July 15th, when the log-ins in Ghallanda exploded? Server-issues, making people disconnecting more often and hence, more log-ins back into game? A server-merge which I did not notice? Or in fact, more people? More log-in traffic does not necessarily mean more people.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-16-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Community Member

Nice photoshop.

j/k
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This, the increase in G-Land logins appeared at the same time as this change.

Only 5% of the players read the forum and are aware of the change. Only a few read what appears in the launcher window... So most people have a Pavlovian reflex when they see the server list ( generated by several month/years of playing DDO ) they just press enter without reading the server name, as they know it's going to be their server ( as it used to be )... and ends up on G-Land which is not their server... so they have to log out and back in on the right server.

In the end we have an increased number of logins/hour on G-Land due to that. Don't be fooled though, the number of people that actually stay there once logged is like all the other servers ( except Wayfinder ).
    I found the answer and it made me lol. Apparently the standard setting of the new launcher was Ghallanda and people were permanently loggin into it instead of their homeserver causing server-full and log-in issues, I checked Ghallanda Server Forums. Soon Ghallanda will be #4 again.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-16-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    What happened since July 15th, when the log-ins in Ghallanda exploded? Server-issues, making people disconnecting more often and hence, more log-ins back into game? A server-merge which I did not notice? Or in fact, more people? More log-in traffic does not necessarily mean more people.
    Might have something to do with G-land being at the top of the server selection list.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Wow what happened on Ghallanda...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Ghallanda still up and running. Even with those heretics leaving DDO, we got asians and europeans who keep us up and strong against all the other servers.

Welcome back, and have fun.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.