Default What will happen to my lvl 18 character's experience when quest ransack goes live?

When the Quest Ransack mechanic goes live, would I be correct in assuming that the lowered experience requires for higher levels will go live as well?

Also, if the above is true, will my third-life cleric, who is level 18 and holding a level, potentially move up a rank, or even become experience-capped when then experience changes go live?

I would greatly appreciate a developer or QA response.

Community Member

As I understand it, it's supposed to function like the chest mechanic in that the repeat penalty wears off eventually.

So any quests you repeated to oblivion can be run again for full xp.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    When the Quest Ransack mechanic goes live, would I be correct in assuming that the lowered experience requires for higher levels will go live as well?

no, the adjusted xp curve is not due until U20 or later, whenever Epic TR comes.

Also, if the above is true, will my third-life cleric, who is level 18 and holding a level, potentially move up a rank, or even become experience-capped when then experience changes go live?

I would greatly appreciate a developer or QA response.
    in red^

Community Member

Are they changing the total amount of XP to cap at 2nd/3rd life? Or just redistributing the curve, so it wasn't so much in 18-20?

Regardless, whatever your current XP total is should stay the same, in terms of absolute XP earned...wherever that puts you on the new curve, that's where you'll be. I don't know why they'd have it recalculate your XP to keep you at the same rank, rather than just recalculate your rank for your current XP.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Are they changing the total amount of XP to cap at 2nd/3rd life? Or just redistributing the curve, so it wasn't so much in 18-20?

Regardless, whatever your current XP total is should stay the same, in terms of absolute XP earned...wherever that puts you on the new curve, that's where you'll be. I don't know why they'd have it recalculate your XP to keep you at the same rank, rather than just recalculate your rank for your current XP.
    XP total stays the same. They're taking the exponential curve they have going and flattening it out. It shifts the XP to earlier in the life and less end-loaded like it is now.

No idea about part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post
    XP total stays the same. They're taking the exponential curve they have going and flattening it out. It shifts the XP to earlier in the life and less end-loaded like it is now. ...
    Sounds like the 'Stone of Experience' in Otto's Irresistible Boxes will a little more valuable...

Thanks for your replies!