Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default 1200 existing random gen weapons getting ml raised by 2 to 8 lvls post xpack?

according to feathers posted ml guide in relation to power number,almost every single weapon ive collected over the years is getting a ml raise from 2 to 8 lvs

most are getting raised by 4 to 6 with a minority getting raised by 2 and 8 lvls...i cannot be the only person seeing this

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    On randomly generated weapons, minimum level to equip the item is based on the item's Total Enhancement Value, which is the "plus number" in the top right corner of the item tooltip.

Weapons, armor, docents, robes, outfits, and shields follow the following progression:
    +1 - Level 1
    +2 - Level 2
    +3 - Level 4
    +4 - Level 6
    +5 - Level 8
    +6 - Level 10
    +7 - Level 12
    +8 - Level 14
    +9 - Level 16
    +10 - Level 18
    +11 - Level 20
    +12 - Level 21
    +13 - Level 22
    +14 - Level 23
    +15 - Level 24
    +16 - Level 25
    +17 - Level 26
    +18 - Level 27
    +19 and higher - Level 28

"Accessory" items (gloves, boots, cloak, rings and such) use the following progression:
    +1 - Level 1
    +2 - Level 3
    +3 - Level 5
    +4 - Level 7
    +5 - Level 9
    +6 - Level 11
    +7 - Level 13
    +8 - Level 15
    +9 - Level 17
    +10 - Level 19
    +11 - Level 20
    +12 - Level 21
    +13 - Level 22
    +14 - Level 23
    +15 - Level 24
    +16 - Level 25
    +17 - Level 26
    +18 - Level 27
    +19 and higher - Level 28

Up to level 20, this is the same they have followed for many years on the Live servers, as well. Random items with levels that do not match their value are the result of data entry errors or other bugs.

The difference now is that the game automatically handles item level on random equipment, and so these kinds of bugs automatically fix themselves, and cannot occur again in the future.

As evidenced by the fact that only a few people have seen alterations in the level of their items, there are not many bugged items out there that are in this situation. If we could somehow track and exempt them, we would do so- however, this is a global change to how items in DDO function. These items have nothing unique about them that we can check or otherwise track in order to exempt them from how item level is now set.

This goes both ways- some items that had too high of a level will correct themselves downwards.
    We also adjusted the values of some properties downwards. For example, Banishing, Vorpal, Smiting, and Disruption are now +4 instead of +5, which means that they contribute less to the minimum level required to equip the items they are on.

hopefully all power lvls of existing ran gen weapons are getting lowered .... but feathers post seems to imply differently

he states that improper mls are rare and a minor issue and is balanced by some items getting thier ml lowered

with almost all of my ran gen weapons getting large raises to thier mls from info released,i sincerly hope that his post is simply missing information that will leave most of my mls unchanged

but i fear that come monday i will be sucking it... like many

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    according to feathers posted ml guide in relation to power number,almost every single weapon ive collected over the years is getting a ml raise from 2 to 8 lvs

most are getting raised by 4 to 6 with a minority getting raised by 2 and 8 lvls...i cannot be the only person seeing this

hopefully all power lvls of existing ran gen weapons are getting lowered .... but feathers post seems to imply differently

he states that improper mls are rare and a minor issue and is balanced by some items getting thier ml lowered

with almost all of my ran gen weapons getting large raises to thier mls from info released,i sincerly hope that his post is simply missing information that will leave most of my mls unchanged

Other than a few of my old icy bursted items, I'm not seeing many items effected by this adjustment.

Just went through one of my melee builds. 14 randomly generated weapons on him. only 1 weapon will have its ML raised by 2. a +1 Holy of GCB will go from ML10 to ML12 it seems.

what kind of items are you seeing change so much?

And how exactly is the ml changing on some weapons we rarely use anyway going to make you suck?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Come Monday all your items that are not named will all go up in level and if you have Rasia items with cold/burst without festival in front on them they will also go up 2/4 levels. Welcome to the bigest kick in the nuts for all those old players that have collected items and weapons over the years that will now be binned.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Other than a few of my old icy bursted items, I'm not seeing many items effected by this adjustment.

Just went through one of my melee builds. 14 randomly generated weapons on him. only 1 weapon will have its ML raised by 2. a +1 Holy of GCB will go from ML10 to ML12 it seems.

what kind of items are you seeing change so much?

And how exactly is the ml changing on some weapons we rarely use anyway going to make you suck?
    thier is a difference between sucking and sucking it maybe its a cultural idiom that you are unfamilar with?

with almost my entire stock of ran gen weapons having thier mls raised drasticaly its easy to list them hbs of pure good ,hbs of assorted banes almost every ran gen ive collected

thier is a difference between sucking and sucking it maybe its a cultural idiom that you are unfamilar with?

with almost my entire stock of ran gen weapons having thier mls raised drasticaly its easy to list them hbs of pure good ,hbs of assorted banes almost every ran gen ive collected
    It saves you a couple of inventory slots then. It's crazy to have a bane item for every kind of mob you encounter.... especially since mobs on heroic difficulties have hardly any HP anyway.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    It saves you a couple of inventory slots then. It's crazy to have a bane item for every kind of mob you encounter.... especially since mobs on heroic difficulties have hardly any HP anyway.
    its more than just banes.. its about every well rolled random of just about every weapon type for just about any build +1 metalines of pg jumping from ml6/8 to ml12...ml 10 weapons at ml 10 going to ml16 to 20.

i am not exagerating in the least these arent bound or racial weapons either ...i would love it if a dev rummaged through my acct and could then explain how thier stated minority is for my 1200 weapons a majority

Community Member

...i would love it if a dev rummaged through my acct and could then explain how thier stated minority is for my 1200 weapons a majority
    I'm guessing it's like this:
    Say I get 100 random weapons from chests, 90 of them will be useless I'll deconstruct them immediately, or even drop them to free room, 9 will be somewhat ok, so I'll put them up on auction and deconstruct if they don't sell, and maybe one will be nice enough to keep.
    And these 9 will now get +4 ML and that one will now get +8 ML. Clearly a minority of weapons generated... majority of the weapons generated that are worth keeping.

its more than just banes.. its about every well rolled random of just about every weapon type for just about any build +1 metalines of pg jumping from ml6/8 to ml12...ml 10 weapons at ml 10 going to ml16 to 20.

i am not exagerating in the least these arent bound or racial weapons either ...i would love it if a dev rummaged through my acct and could then explain how thier stated minority is for my 1200 weapons a majority
    So you are claiming you Icy Bursted 1200 weapons the first time the Risia Ice Games came around? And you still use all those weapons today?

I'm thinking you are definitely in a VERY small minority.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

So you are claiming you Icy Bursted 1200 weapons the first time the Risia Ice Games came around? And you still use all those weapons today?

I'm thinking you are definitely in a VERY small minority.
    no i have very few icy burst fom 2009/summer 2010...many of the raised mls are on plain random gen weapons ....

if you have toon on the server ime on i would happily chain link you weapons from mules and active toons untill you got bored and ask me to stop

no i have very few icy burst fom 2009/summer 2010...many of the raised mls are on plain random gen weapons ....

if you have toon on the server ime on i would happily chain link you weapons from mules and active toons untill you got bored and ask me to stop
    No. Screen shots of all of them posted here will suffice. Thanks.

1200 screenshots might convince Feather to stop the madness!
    Thelanis

Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Come Monday all your items that are not named will all go up in level and if you have Rasia items with cold/burst without festival in front on them they will also go up 2/4 levels. Welcome to the bigest kick in the nuts for all those old players that have collected items and weapons over the years that will now be binned.
    CALM DOWN FOR A MINUTE.

Go reread everything carefully, because you are panicking.
    The intention of this is to mimic the intended MLs on gear that have existed since they were lowered a few updates ago. The pool of affected gear should be very small.

Not to say that things won't go terribly wrong, but at least understand what the hell you're having a coronary about before you start upsetting everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    CALM DOWN FOR A MINUTE.

The intention of this is to mimic the intended MLs on gear that have existed since they were lowered a few updates ago. The pool of affected gear should be very small.

Not to say that things won't go terribly wrong, but at least understand what the hell you're having a coronary about before you start upsetting everyone.
    Im not panicking iv already seen the item and weapon increase on lama. So mybe you should start panicking.

Some links for you too look at https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-add-to-ML-now and https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-level-0-items
    Last edited by SirShen; 08-15-2013 at 12:05 PM.

CALM DOWN FOR A MINUTE.

the people that are panicing are the ones who

Ground out ridiculous amounts of original Icy Burst gear for twinking and people who ground out obviously bugged gear (ML0 rings for example).

these folks are getting hit hard I guess.... I almost feel bad.... almost.....
    Thelanis

Sev~

Community Member

No. Screen shots of all of them posted here will suffice. Thanks.

1200 screenshots might convince Feather to stop the madness!
    if feather stated that posting ss of items would help in any fashion i would post as many as he wanted.....

but it wouldnt change anything...shadowfell is shadowdone...wild unfounded hope would be patch at some point but that would be extremly unlikly.

power numbers on these prefix and suffix combos and thier adjusted mls are basically what all new ran gen weapons will be so this is a known but not highlighted nerf to all ran gen weapon mls ....again assuming that they didnt reduce power lvls of most prefixs and suffixs

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Note: These are random gen items, not bound, not crafted, not anything.

My +1 Holy of pure good maul is now ML 8.
    My +2 flaming burst of pure good warhammer is now ML 10.
    My two +3 metalline of pure good weapons on one char are now ML 14.

Odd ones:
    My +3 shock of pure good handwraps with festival frost are ML 8... wut?
    +2 true chaos of greater construct bane dagger, ML 10

Something seems wonky here.

Further investigation:
    +1 true chaos of pure good is ML 6
    +1 icy burst of pure good is ML 8
    +2 anarchic of pure good is ML 10
    +3 holy of pure good is ML 12
    +2 holy of pure good is ML 10
    +1 metalline of pure good, ML 10
    +3 anarchic of pure good, ML 12

Banes:
    +4 GEOB, ML 14
    +1 weakening of greater elemental bane, ML 12

Wasn't smiting etc supposed to go down? I haven't seen this so far...
    +1 ghost touch of disruption, ML 12
    +1 shock of smiting, ML 12
    +1 axiomatic of smiting, ML 14

Has pure good been upped to +2 potential, like it is in crafting? Which would be silly, but who knows...
    Maybe elemental burst effects have been upped, too?
    And greater banes up to +4 to match cannith crafting?
    Last edited by Dandonk; 08-15-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    It's definitely an N-word.

1200 weapons?

Thats what all this multiboxing is about isnt it? It has nothing to do with XPing 5 other toons, but more to do with needing 5 caddies to carry the munchkin weapon arsenal.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Especially those bound to account weapons/items from arc end rewards. The issue came up, but the developers never acknowledged that these weapons which were exactly 2 levels below the same unbound weapon were never bugged, but yet there ML goes up. I understand the high level items that had no min level due to a bug, but not the items that had a ml 2 levels below because it was a bound item that came from an arc end reward.

Community Member

CALM DOWN FOR A MINUTE.

Every bound to account item goes up at least 2 levels. Every one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Has pure good been upped to +2 potential, like it is in crafting? Which would be silly, but who knows...
    Maybe elemental burst effects have been upped, too?
    And greater banes up to +4 to match cannith crafting?
    Pure good was increased for random items a while back to match crafted items. The difference was that the change wasn't retrospective so existing items weren't updated. Now any random items found before that change will go up by two levels.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Pure good was increased for random items a while back to match crafted items. The difference was that the change wasn't retrospective so existing items weren't updated. Now any random items found before that change will go up by two levels.
    Ah. Any idea why this was done? It makes very little sense to me.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast