Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member

One a happier note the few twink weapons Ive looked at seem not to have change level, so BTA, at least existing ones, may still have the 2 level reduction in min level.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Probably 0.0001% of players in this game are obsessed enough to have collected 1200 old random gen weapons.

It appears there may be a bug, and some weapons are higher than expected (like smiting and paralyzing, etc. weapons).

Devs, could you check that?

But if it's really only affecting original Risia weapons and 3+ year old pure good weapons, then yeah it's going to affect very few weapons and even fewer players.

Wow, reading this thread I keep seeing people who say this is no big deal. Somehow I get the feeling that these comments are coming from folks that are newer to DDO, and were not around for the original Ice Games. Of course if it does not hurt YOU you see it as no big deal, those of us who it is hurting do see HOURS and DAYS of our time THROWN AWAY.....that makes it a big deal to us.

What I see this as is punishing those of us who are LONG TERM players, that spend DAYS during the initial Risa Ice Games to get weapons upgraded. We did the jumps, we did the mind numbing over and over trips up and down the wall in the harbor, and now its being taken away.

From a business standpoint this is not exactly the way to treat long time customers.
    Usually you want to treat your long time reliable customers that may have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on the game over the years with respect and not go out of your way to anger them.

I am one of those who did this during the original ice games, made +1 short swords of (elemental dmg) of pure good and added frost onto them, put icy burst on similar high crit or really nice random gen items, they have been very nice for low levels over the years. I had also set my wife up with several similar weapons, since she and I and our son like to play this game together. The three of us just recently TR'd our mains and have come upon rather RUDE surprises as we level up finding gear we had planned to use being unusable.
    But according to posts like the one I'm quoting we don't matter, its not a problem that we had held onto this gear for so long and its now not usable like it had been.
    Its not a problem that I went days on very little sleep to work full time, take care of family AND RUN ENDLESS LOOPS OF ICE JUMPS during the original ice games......too bad so sad......
    Yeah I have a problem with that mentality towards those of us who have put in the time and effort for these weapons.

Community Member

I wasn't hit as hard as I expected by this.

My no min level +1 lacerating weapons with festival icy burst are still no min level.

My no min level accesories from the coin lord quest arc are now min level 3. I just crafted the exact same thing over this items with masterful craftmanship and they are no min level again.

My invulnerability armor is now level 2 with masterful craftmanship - no big deal.

The best part, most of my crafted weapons went down a level. So the only thing i really lost was invulnerability at level 1 - i think I will make it.

Now I understand Feather's post better - this problem was definitely blown out of proportion.
    Last edited by unacceptable; 08-22-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Community Member

the majority of my weapons mls remained the same,the power # values were incorrect.

a minority are either still incorrect,or mls were raised/lowered as others reported

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    It looks to me like some of the power ratings on those weapons are bugged.

For example the +1 paralyzing weapon having a power rating of 8. That means that it's counting paralyzing as a +7 effect. Same goes for the smiting, disruption, etc.

If, after the update goes live, those weapons still have the same power ratings, i would bug report it. I'ts not fair that you would only get the negative aspect of the change, and not the good part. If what feather says is true about new valuations for those effects, those items should actually have lower minimum levels. If the new system can recalculate the minimum level, why can't it recalculate the power rating?
    The last part is simple. The change is being made to simplify things moving forward. Basically, new stuff will only need it's power level determined and the ML for all combinations containing it will be automatically generated, rather than determined seperatly and changes should auto-correct ML's.

A system that audits all old gear, on the other hand, just takes dev time to create without saving future dev time to justify what it takes to create it unless it also adds efficiency to the coding process.

So while it surely could be added, it likely wont be if it's only function is to bring old gear up to the new standard rather than making the whole process more efficient moving forward.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    That is what I thought. So basically, one group of people who played the games first is going to get screwed, while people who played the SAME game and made the SAME upgrade get to keep their weapons.

Why can turbine not look at the weapons and recode them (or whatever) to not screw over those of us with the upgrades from the first game?
    I'm sure they could. Though I doubt they could automate the process without making rangen frost and icy burst power level 0 also, so is likely cost prohibitive to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    I wasn't hit as hard as I expected by this.

My no min level +1 lacerating weapons with festival icy burst are still no min level.

My no min level accesories from the coin lord quest arc are now min level 3. I just crafted the exact same thing over this items with masterful craftmanship and they are no min level again.

My invulnerability armor is now level 2 with masterful craftmanship - no big deal.

The best part, most of my crafted weapons went down a level. So the only thing i really lost was invulnerability at level 1 - i think I will make it.

Now I understand Feather's post better - this problem was definitely blown out of proportion.
    As mercury99 daid, it is no big deal to new players. All your stuff is fine, so to you it is no big deal. (*you refers to anyone that is not affected by the change.)

I've been around a long time and my stuff was made before they renamed the effects "festival icy burst". My weapons went up 4 levels and are now not worth using for leveling up. The whole point of the risia effects is twink gear. My greensteel takes over at level 12 and then named items as the level goes higher.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    They talked about this already.

Icy burst (from risia) gets min level raised
    Festival icy burst (from risia) does not get min level raised

So basically people who played the risia games the first year they came out and applied that effect to their weapons will be seeing a ML raise.
    This is absolutely correct. Not to mention I have several items for my TR's that I added Icy Burst and Glaciation from the Risia events that were ML 4 and 6 (because my lowbie casters like to swing a weapon from time to time) and those all got set to ML 21 or 22 after the update.

Maybe this isn't a concern for the majority but it certainly shouldn't be a "oh well, suck it up" situation that some are implying.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Community Member

As mercury99 daid, it is no big deal to new players. All your stuff is fine, so to you it is no big deal. (*you refers to anyone that is not affected by the change.)

I've been around a long time and my stuff was made before they renamed the effects "festival icy burst". My weapons went up 4 levels and are now not worth using for leveling up. The whole point of the risia effects is twink gear. My greensteel takes over at level 12 and then named items as the level goes higher.
    Thank you for explaining. I hope your issue gets resolved. I am only minimally impacted myself, but I am sorry to hear you were impacted so much.

Good luck.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Just checked my weapons mule.

About 20 weapons, my finest and most cherished twink-gear went up 4 levels - aka just another random trash gear, which i incidentally spend 100.000 plat on for a Risia kit back in the day. For those i didnt farm myself within the Ice games. Half of all my twinkweapon collection trashed.

They are now worse than what i can craft with the dated 'so old it starts to kinda get this old-people-smell' Cannith Crafting System.

Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Seems like some of my spellcaster's weapons (boost to spell damage/crit chance) have also increased in level.

I have many items like this that used to be usable in the 10-14 level range that have now been bumped to the 16-20 range.

What bothers me is that for years I collected spellcaster weapons for different elements/schools and had then sitting on mules, ready to go when needed. Now I need to review each item, figure out what I've "lost" and what I need to collect again.

Not mad, but disappointed.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Taint nothing

Those of us that added GLACIATION +90(whatever the highest(+78, +84? we could go was) to our potency sceptres by burning 12,600 winter motes, and added FROST to that weapon, which was a level 2 item at one time, it is now a level 28 or something weird.

This was back in the day when I could get 600,000 plat for a max glaciation kit. I asked 1,000,000 plat but I had no buyers at that price.

I guess I will wonder on down to my Ghallanda characters to see how badly my loot was upgraded.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Those of us that added GLACIATION +90(whatever the highest(+78, +84? we could go was) to our potency sceptres by burning 12,600 winter motes, and added FROST to that weapon, which was a level 2 item at one time, it is now a level 28 or something weird.

This was back in the day when I could get 600,000 plat for a max glaciation kit. I asked 1,000,000 plat but I had no buyers at that price.

I guess I will wonder on down to my Ghallanda characters to see how badly my loot was upgraded.
    The glaciation effect was made mostly useless with the introduction of augments. They should probably replace it with something else the next time these games come around.

Default Nerf by any other name, is still Nerf

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    Thank you for explaining. I hope your issue gets resolved. I am only minimally impacted myself, but I am sorry to hear you were impacted so much.

Good luck.
    YOU are NOT minimally impacted!!!!! Think ppl!!!! If they change the old gear (and I have Bytched about this already on other forums) they can change NEW gear too!!!! Just because the say they won't doesn't hold water. Turbine has proved that they CAN'T be trusted. I have had my primary twink weapon "adjusted" to the point of uselessness (and all I'm talking about is icy-burst added from the original Risia games). My +1 keen falchion of pure good ML:4 (icy kitted during the first games) was raised to ML:10.... Now FOS, please explain to me when I would EVER use this junk over either SOS ML:10, or ML:8 GS?

So back to my original point/bytch...there is nothing stopping FOS from changing/nerfing the gear you acquire now...Just take a look at EE Dream Visors to be warned. It seems your gear is going to be nerfed to uselessness soon after you buy/loot/lay ur hands on good gear.

I think you fellas at Turbine are trying to see how much BS a person will take before the say f-it and quit....

Once again I'm not tryn to be so melodramatic....but in the immortal words of Chris Cater "Cmon...Man"

The Bytcher~

Souless/Xindao/Spectyr/Xbow/Tazzor/Valice/Vampir/Richgirl

Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    So back to my original point/bytch...there is nothing stopping FOS from changing/nerfing the gear you acquire now...Just take a look at EE Dream Visors to be warned. It seems your gear is going to be nerfed to uselessness soon after you buy/loot/lay ur hands on good gear.
    What did they do to the dream visor?
    /sigh

What did they do to the dream visor?
    The equivalent it is now easily acquired as random lev 9 loot.
    Cully Clonk, Culpepper Cleric, Culpeppa PvP spec Cleric, Azygoz Clogue
    Coyle evoker FvS, Ungoliant, Assassin, Angainor, WF Lord of Blades FvS
    Mellkor Wizard, Ferrari WF Sorc, ***Argonnessen*** ~~Ascent~~

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    The equivalent it is now easily acquired as random lev 9 loot.
    Except it doesn't have the ability to hit incorp creatures... just sayin.

Checked all my chars, lost a few items, big freaking deal.

Time passes, loot changes - what was good then is not good now... this is the way it works.

I accept their premise that the system was broken and having items determine their proper min levels will make it fair to everyone... I mean, why should joe player have the right to use a +6 cheating str item at level 1, when some players don't? Just because of join date and the urge to exploit nonstop... (yeah, we all saw the lfm's).

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post

Time passes, loot changes - what was good then is not good now... this is the way it works.

I accept their premise that the system was broken and having items determine their proper min levels will make it fair to everyone... I mean, why should joe player have the right to use a +6 cheating str item at level 1, when some players don't? Just because of join date and the urge to exploit nonstop... (yeah, we all saw the lfm's).
    the ability to hit incorp creatures makes it so much better? LOL

You are missing the point, working hard to obtain a EE version of something only to have it trumped by a MUCH LOWER LEVEL commonly acquired random loot gen item is the main point here.
    Cully Clonk, Culpepper Cleric, Culpeppa PvP spec Cleric, Azygoz Clogue
    Coyle evoker FvS, Ungoliant, Assassin, Angainor, WF Lord of Blades FvS
    Mellkor Wizard, Ferrari WF Sorc, ***Argonnessen*** ~~Ascent~~

Default What about the same un-nerfed stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post

What about other weapons adjusted with festival icy burst that have NOT had their ML altered? I should be punished/nerfed simply because I've been playing the game longer than you? Or because you think the time I spent jumping and collecting purple coins is cheating. Remember, all I did is add the Risia icy burst to a weapon I bought off the AH!! These weapons should be fixed and returned back their full usefulness.

As for the rings, (and I looted my fair share of those too) the only reason to waste more than a minute in those quests were for the wonderful twink rings that were dropping. Maybe, just maybe, if those quests and rewards should have went through a Q/C. Then they would maybe NOT release something until such MAJOR LEVEL XPLOITING wouldn't occur. Either that or let my time/money stand.

The Bytcher~

Ascent

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    YOU are NOT minimally impacted!!!!! Think ppl!!!! If they change the old gear (and I have Bytched about this already on other forums) they can change NEW gear too!!!! Just because the say they won't doesn't hold water. Turbine has proved that they CAN'T be trusted. I have had my primary twink weapon "adjusted" to the point of uselessness (and all I'm talking about is icy-burst added from the original Risia games). My +1 keen falchion of pure good ML:4 (icy kitted during the first games) was raised to ML:10.... Now FOS, please explain to me when I would EVER use this junk over either SOS ML:10, or ML:8 GS?

I think you fellas at Turbine are trying to see how much BS a person will take before the say f-it and quit....

Once again I'm not tryn to be so melodramatic....but in the immortal words of Chris Cater "Cmon...Man"

The Bytcher~

Ascent
    Not to put to fine a point on it, but the only thing that stops them from doing thus and the only thing that can stop them from doing thus is not wanting us to quit. The reality is our only choices are to live with whatever changes they make or just not play. So I really don't see the point of your post unless it was to state the obvious; Turbines going to do what they are going to do with their game and there's nothing we can really do to stop them.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast