Default evolution of eberon story line?

So if war-forged "were created to fight in the last war" why are they gimped as fighting types and now the flavor of the month for artificers sorc and caster?
    I'm not saying its right or wrong I'm just curious. Any thoughts? am I remembering history correctly

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

One Word: Reconstruct!

It really is that simple - DDO has allowed WF to Self Heal themselves as Arcane while Fleshy Races have no such option!

This instantly makes WF the go to race for any class with said ability {incl. lesser Repair Spells but Recon is the biggie!}.

On the other hand - The lack of Outside Healing available to a WF Melee makes them a weak choice for Fighter, Ranger, Barb or Rogue {Paladin too before Bladeforged gave them Repair Spells}.

WF FavSouls are the Oddity - Considering WF is possibly the weakest of all races when it comes to playing a Cleric they actually are amongst the top tier in Popularity for FvS!

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I believe they were created as cheap mass-producible soldiers, that were considered as mindless robot pawns.

...not as the ultimate soldier.... although they were tireless and did not need to eat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    So if war-forged "were created to fight in the last war" why are they gimped as fighting types and now the flavor of the month for artificers sorc and caster?
    I'm not saying its right or wrong I'm just curious. Any thoughts? am I remembering history correctly
    Warforged were created to fight in the last war. Times change. Perhaps the last war was mostly fought using energy-drain and crowd-control spells?

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    WF FavSouls are the Oddity - Considering WF is possibly the weakest of all races when it comes to playing a Cleric they actually are amongst the top tier in Popularity for FvS!
    Eh....they can still self heal quite effectively (if you can look after that lead tank you can take care of yourself even with the healing penalty), and they get bonuses for playing with greatswords, which is nice melee FvS synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Warforged were created to fight in the last war. Times change. Perhaps the last war was mostly fought using energy-drain and crowd-control spells?
    Ok, its not "the last war", as in the last war that happened, its "The Last War", meaning they thought it was so bad it would end all wars (As they called WWI the "War to end all wars" before WWII)

And the WF design itself was almost certainly by the Quori who were designing shells that would have multiple uses. While they could be mindless drones, the point was they were also the bodies of the Quori when they came over.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Ok, its not "the last war", as in the last war that happened, its "The Last War", meaning they thought it was so bad it would end all wars (As they called WWI the "War to end all wars" before WWII)

And the WF design itself was almost certainly by the Quori who were designing shells that would have multiple uses. While they could be mindless drones, the point was they were also the bodies of the Quori when they came over.
    ...I choose to interpret this as meaning the Quori are battlemech pilots fighting in mecha-ragnarok. WOOHOO!
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

There is extra advantages that a living construct have over normal, live soldiers in a long-term war.

The first and most obvious of those is that they don't need to eat and sleep. This means that a warforged platoon don't have to carry or search for food supplies. And since healing magic is NOT a common commodity for common soldiers, warforged being able to self-repair (using Craft skills) is a big deal.

There is also the ethical stuff. After their first creation, warforgeds were still thought as if they were a kind of smart golems. Thus, the first commanders that used them believed they were disposable. So they were sent in suicide missions, or left behind to save the human soldiers. Only late some soldiers actually started to feel emphatic towards their WF companions and started to treat them more as a comrade and less as a tool.

The way the warforged mind works also guide them towards specialization. So, you have a WF that is a great warrior (compard to a similar soldier), another that is a eximious archer, and other that can focus on arcane studies. And they keep their mind on the task they were ordered, and could focus much better than living creatures (don't get bored, don't sleep, etc).

And besides all that, they are not dumb machines that just follow orders. If they were orderes to guard an outpost, and they see an overwhelming army marching to take the outpost, they can decide by themselves that the post is impossible to keep, and retreat, while a golem or undead soldier would take the order to the end and guard it until they were destroyed.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.