Since I noticed in a recent dev post that player housing is on the radar, I figured I'd share an idea that I had. Real estate in Stormreach is at a premium, so it really isn't feasible to add manors/houses/keeps to the city itself. Putting them in Eveningstar would be a pain, because access is limited.
- Install a "Stateroom" door on the interior of guild airships. When a player clicks to enter said door, it takes them to that account's/character's personal stateroom - sort of an extradimensional space.
- Staterooms could be sized according to account age, cumulative character levels across TR's, guild position/lvl, personally acquired guild renown, or price. I highly recommend that the grandest, most luxurious suites be available to VIPs regardless.
- Each stateroom, according to size, would have anchor points for amenities just like current ship design. For platinum OR astral shards, anchor points could be slotted with furniture, personal buffs, decorations/knick-knacks, trophies (Monster Manual based), storage, etc. Hot tubs should definitely be an option. I recommend against the option to mount actual inventory items unless you're prepared to replace gear swallowed by inevitable bugs.
- All stateroom amenities would require a much higher initial investment, but would be permanent until replaced.
- Just like airships, players' would be able to invite friends to visit their staterooms. Unlike airships, amenities (specifically buffs) would be usable only by the owner.
What do you all think?