2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Default Housing Solution

Since I noticed in a recent dev post that player housing is on the radar, I figured I'd share an idea that I had. Real estate in Stormreach is at a premium, so it really isn't feasible to add manors/houses/keeps to the city itself. Putting them in Eveningstar would be a pain, because access is limited.

Solution:

• Install a "Stateroom" door on the interior of guild airships. When a player clicks to enter said door, it takes them to that account's/character's personal stateroom - sort of an extradimensional space.
    • Staterooms could be sized according to account age, cumulative character levels across TR's, guild position/lvl, personally acquired guild renown, or price. I highly recommend that the grandest, most luxurious suites be available to VIPs regardless.
    • Each stateroom, according to size, would have anchor points for amenities just like current ship design. For platinum OR astral shards, anchor points could be slotted with furniture, personal buffs, decorations/knick-knacks, trophies (Monster Manual based), storage, etc. Hot tubs should definitely be an option. I recommend against the option to mount actual inventory items unless you're prepared to replace gear swallowed by inevitable bugs.
    • All stateroom amenities would require a much higher initial investment, but would be permanent until replaced.
    • Just like airships, players' would be able to invite friends to visit their staterooms. Unlike airships, amenities (specifically buffs) would be usable only by the owner.

What do you all think?

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Since I noticed in a recent dev post that player housing is on the radar, I figured I'd share an idea that I had. Real estate in Stormreach is at a premium, so it really isn't feasible to add manors/houses/keeps to the city itself. Putting them in Eveningstar would be a pain, because access is limited.

Solution:

• Install a "Stateroom" door on the interior of guild airships. When a player clicks to enter said door, it takes them to that account's/character's personal stateroom - sort of an extradimensional space.
    • Staterooms could be sized according to account age, cumulative character levels across TR's, guild position/lvl, personally acquired guild renown, or price. I highly recommend that the grandest, most luxurious suites be available to VIPs regardless.
    • Each stateroom, according to size, would have anchor points for amenities just like current ship design. For platinum OR astral shards, anchor points could be slotted with furniture, personal buffs, decorations/knick-knacks, trophies (Monster Manual based), storage, etc. Hot tubs should definitely be an option. I recommend against the option to mount actual inventory items unless you're prepared to replace gear swallowed by inevitable bugs.
    • All stateroom amenities would require a much higher initial investment, but would be permanent until replaced.
    • Just like airships, players' would be able to invite friends to visit their staterooms. Unlike airships, amenities (specifically buffs) would be usable only by the owner.

What do you all think?
    /Signed

Fan Tas Tic idea!

Really hope gets seen by a Dev.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    /Signed

Fan Tas Tic idea!

Really hope gets seen by a Dev.
    Thanks

I hope so, as well.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Personally until we get SWG style housing I couldn't bother myself to care about it much positive or negative so if others want it fine but rather see the def time spent on something else

Beware the Sleepeater

Unless it offers some new buffs that are useful in questing I couldn't care less about it. I really don't understand the want for player housing at all.

im sure it would be bugged.. . like the teleports in a few houses

/NOT signed
    Housing should NOT be dependant on belonging to a guild, ever.

Personal housing should be a private instance accessible from one of several access points located in the various houses. The character picks which House he would like his apartment to be based in, for example House K. The apartment is then built to fit the style of that house. Inside are various storage options like weapon racks, armour mannies, and chests. I'd be ok with having various buffs.

House deco can be bought or crafted.

Wizard 101 by Kingsisle has the best Housing system I've come across.

While the Stateroom is a neat idea for people belonging to guilds, I would also like to see many more options availble for addition housing types open to anyone:

Such as a Wizards Tower. (Or general tower that anyone can own - not just wizards - :P)

A Fighters castle or Keep (Again - that any class can own)

A Clerics "Sanctuary" or "Church' Building (...that any class can own)

A Rogues "Hideout" or Stronghold (...that, yes....any class can live in/own)

A forest glade (and small cottage) for Druids (you know what goes here ownershipwise...lol, as above :P)

So on and so forth.

It would also be nice to have a choice of what 'World" you could have your home in - be it Eberron or Faerun - with approriate entrances in said realm.
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Basic-Teleport
    Player made quests can work in DDO: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...erated-content

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    /NOT signed
    Housing should NOT be dependant on belonging to a guild, ever.

Personal housing should be a private instance accessible from one of several access points located in the various houses. The character picks which House he would like his apartment to be based in, for example House K. The apartment is then built to fit the style of that house. Inside are various storage options like weapon racks, armour mannies, and chests. I'd be ok with having various buffs.

House deco can be bought or crafted.

What he said

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    I'd just like to add that not only is it the most functional and well implemented housing system, it also is super-well monetized. Every free option you could want, plus very nice pay amenities to fit into the store. Just perfect in every way. Devs should really really take note of it.