Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epic Destinies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Ive seen a few ranged with bows and repeaters doing quite well in sharadi, I really like it when they pin and otto's stuff and I get to hit it.

But as to the overall usefulness of a lot of the destinies and the imbalances I can agree with you.
    Left side of Shiradi is very nice for ranged.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Anyway thank you devs........im grateful for anything .......hey it could always be worse .

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    Well, sure, when the response to an idea is about as near as 100% negative as it gets, then yeah it may be a good idea to be "kind" enough to listen and respond to concerns.
    The fanboi's and the doomboi's stopped doing this:

Looked at the dev's

and did this

Most people will listen when two groups that normally can't stand the sight of each other stop fighting each other to go after you instead. It's kind of like watching Darth Vader go after the Emperor.
    Last edited by Charononus; 08-15-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    Then you might as well say that playing the game is not "mandatory". That leveling up and advancing a character is not mandatory. That progressing a character is not mandatory. Fate Points are a bit more than "desirable", they can have a very large impact on your character's abilities. Since Fate Points have such a large impact, they are certainly mandatory if you want to have a fully advanced character. And let's not forget that EDs are a paid ability. Personally, I don't think the Devs created enough choices. I do think they created bad choices.
    THis is the second thread I have seen you say that. I feel my characters are fully advanced, and I have no need for fate points. I have fun with my characters in the destinies I have chosen for them, found ways to work around the things I didn't like, and guess what! I enjoy the **** out of it! But then, I'm not worried about e-peens and having the uberest of uber loot, or the maximest of max dps, or the highest HP (though I love getting 800+ on my 1st life wizard...makes me laugh)

Basically, what you are saying applies to you and you alone. Your opinion may be mirrored by other min/maxers, or those who find their enjoyment in making the most powerful characters (though, I am guessing the reason is for.........uh.....I honestly don't know), but the MAJORITY play this game to have fun. And the majority do not post on the forums, a very small minority do.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    The majority of players who like the game are actually playing the game instead of posting on the forum.
    The majority of people posting on the forums ALSO play the game. It's not an "Either/Or" choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    THis is the second thread I have seen you say that. I feel my characters are fully advanced, and I have no need for fate points. I have fun with my characters in the destinies I have chosen for them, found ways to work around the things [color=red]I didn't like, and guess what! I enjoy the **** out of it! But then, I'm not worried about e-peens and having the uberest of uber loot, or the maximest of max dps, or the highest HP (though I love getting 800+ on my 1st life wizard...makes me laugh)

Basically, what you are saying applies to you and you alone.
    Too funny.

Community Member

.... Do you thank trees for converting oxygen for you to breath as well? There are a small handful of Epic Destinies that were well done. The rest are more or less filler that have to be ground through in order to get as many Fate Points as your build will be using.

I feel my characters are fully advanced, and I have no need for fate points. I have fun with my characters in the destinies I have chosen for them, found ways to work around the things I didn't like
    If you enjoy being a drain on any group you join for difficult content, you certainly have that option. It doesn't mean that you will be accepted back a second time.

If your entire goal is to look good while blasting through things on Epic Hard, then you can pretty much do whatever you like and still seem awesome. But some people actually like to play the game where it gets difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    If you enjoy being a drain on any group you join for difficult content, you certainly have that option. It doesn't mean that you will be accepted back a second time.

If your entire goal is to look good while blasting through things on Epic Hard, then you can pretty much do whatever you like and still seem awesome. But some people actually like to play the game where it gets difficult.
    This is the problem with the forums...you guys are all caught up in your epeen contest that you forget so many here are here just to have fun. Epic Hard is HARD for most people, not as easy as you guys all claim it to be. That being said, I run a mix of EH and EE, depending on the quest. I'm not a minmaxer, and I have plenty of fun and a good challenge 90% of the time. I have never been a drain on any pug I have joined, in fact, I'm usually one of the ones contributing the most to the group.

That elitist attitude of "we won't accept you back a second time because you died a couple times" will kill this game faster than anything Turbine does. You basically are saying "IF you don't already know the game inside and out, if you haven't been playing for years and are multi-TR or have every single ED maxxed and always run in Shiradi if a caster, FotW if an archer, blah blah blah, then we don't want you because we don't want a challenge, we want to faceroll over everything." Good job showing your personality and making it more difficult for new people to enjoy the game.

If you need me, I'll be the one who is teaching new people how to maximize their enjoyment of the game, not reach this plateau of uberness where they get bored of everything after a week or two, then come on the forums and complain about every single thing the game has to offer.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    The majority of people posting on the forums ALSO play the game. It's not an "Either/Or" choice.
    Thank you for pointing out how my post could be mis-read. It has been edited to be more obvious.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

This is the problem with the forums...you guys are all caught up in your epeen contest that you forget so many here are here just to have fun. Epic Hard is HARD for most people, not as easy as you guys all claim it to be. That being said, I run a mix of EH and EE, depending on the quest. I'm not a minmaxer, and I have plenty of fun and a good challenge 90% of the time. I have never been a drain on any pug I have joined, in fact, I'm usually one of the ones contributing the most to the group.

That elitist attitude of "we won't accept you back a second time because you died a couple times" will kill this game faster than anything Turbine does. You basically are saying "IF you don't already know the game inside and out, if you haven't been playing for years and are multi-TR or have every single ED maxxed and always run in Shiradi if a caster, FotW if an archer, blah blah blah, then we don't want you because we don't want a challenge, we want to faceroll over everything." Good job showing your personality and making it more difficult for new people to enjoy the game.

If you need me, I'll be the one who is teaching new people how to maximize their enjoyment of the game, not reach this plateau of uberness where they get bored of everything after a week or two, then come on the forums and complain about every single thing the game has to offer.
    Lol

he didn't say if you died, he said if you were a drain on the group.

EE content that means

A good maxed destiny
    A way to heal up to 200 hp in an emergency (sf potions work for this for non blue bars)
    A minimum of 150% fortification so that an unlucky crit doesn't come very close to instant killing you.
    Any dr breakers
    Casters in shiradi as dc casters raise scaling more than they actually contribute to the group

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Lol

he didn't say if you died, he said if you were a drain on the group.

EE content that means

A good maxed destiny
    A way to heal up to 200 hp in an emergency (sf potions work for this for non blue bars)
    A minimum of 150% fortification so that an unlucky crit doesn't come very close to instant killing you.
    Any dr breakers
    Casters in shiradi as dc casters raise scaling more than they actually contribute to the group
    If these are what is necessary to NOT be a "drain on the group" then, no, I REALLY have never been a drain on the group.

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    .... Do you thank trees for converting oxygen for you to breath as well? There are a small handful of Epic Destinies that were well done. The rest are more or less filler that have to be ground through in order to get as many Fate Points as your build will be using.

Should you care to review the OP yet again, you may notice that you are a bit off-topic. There are plenty of other threads where you can go to complain about things not being good enough for you, or insult players for not measuring up to your standards. This is not it.

If I were to ask whether you apologize to the trees, some people may think me wrong, so I won't.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Uh... I don't know what use half of the destinies are.
    It is Thursday. On Monday the new update kicks in. If you are sitting on a L25 character you should be farming ED points and maxing out as many destinies as you can. Here are the reasons why:

• Fate points. Fate points = twists and twists = power.
    • Epic level feats. Update introduces additional feats for epic levels that are tied to maxed out epic destinies. The more you have in a destiny group the more feats are available. Without at least 1 no feat is available.
    • ED farming will be a thing of the past. Not only is the XP repeat penalty being changed but the level cap is being raised. On a first life character the jump form L25 to L28 is 3.5 million XP -- more XP than the character needed to reach L25. This means that even without the change to quest repeat penalties you wouldn't be able to farm ED XP like you can now.

Players with epic level characters should be online all day and all night getting to L25 and maxing out every epic destiny that they can. The advantages are too many to do otherwise.

Community Member

Default People please

Can't you find something about Epic Destinies for which to say 'Thank you' to the devs?

I didn't create this thread to have it devolve into the same old arguments. :/

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

THis is the second thread I have seen you say that. I feel my characters are fully advanced, and I have no need for fate points. I have fun with my characters in the destinies I have chosen for them, found ways to work around the things I didn't like, and guess what! I enjoy the **** out of it! But then, I'm not worried about e-peens and having the uberest of uber loot, or the maximest of max dps, or the highest HP (though I love getting 800+ on my 1st life wizard...makes me laugh)

Basically, what you are saying applies to you and you alone. Your opinion may be mirrored by other min/maxers, or those who find their enjoyment in making the most powerful characters (though, I am guessing the reason is for.........uh.....I honestly don't know), but the MAJORITY play this game to have fun. And the majority do not post on the forums, a very small minority do.
    I certainly don't disagree with you that I speak for myself and like-minded people, just as you do.

I play a Paladin, so I'm hardly worried about playing all the most "uber" thing out there. However, a system is made to be used, for the most part. Sure, you can ignore Fate Points if you want, but they are an aspect built into the system for a reason. When I speak of "advancing" a character I don't even mean getting everything to the max level (although, I don't see why not, it's a legitimate form of fun you know- to keep getting higher numbers), but to keep doing something for your character.

Guess what, I also enjoy the **** out of my character, despite my misgivings about the system itself. Hence why I bother to make my opinions heard rather than just pack it in.

My "problems" with the ED system is manifold and primarily with the leveling aspect of it. I'm not going to bother listing them, it would just be a rehash of every other thread out there.

Since Tscheuss seems to really want this to be a "thank you" thread to the devs, let me say that I am thankful that they did create the EDs themselves. Some are better than others, but the one thing they did do was finally allow the game to advance upwards without having to start over like the previous TR system. It's far from perfect and many of the devs that did the best job were temporary hires so I can't thank them for their work because they no longer work for DDO, but overall it's a fun system.

Unfortunately, I feel, for reasons that may not even have to do with the devs themselves but rather with managerial control and trying to prolong the leveling process as much as possible, they took a page from TRing to make it so that to advance in levels and gain desirable Fate Points, you had to basically start over, and eventually in an ED that would likely be subpar either for your character or because it wasn't really all that well developed in the first place.

But I am grateful that the game moved from TRing being the endgame. Although, it looks like Turbine is going to go back to that system of restarting your character to advance with ETR, at least it was a nice break from restarting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Thank you for pointing out how my post could be mis-read. It has been edited to be more obvious.
    Oh. Well. Thank you for being a good sport. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12