Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I guess we both came away from that first post with different impressions of it, then.

    I guess we can't squelch people in marketplace chat? Granted, I've never tried.....

    The original poster states he won't be coming back to argue - guess you are filling in for him?

    Thanks for that, it's awesome having someone like you around to take up the slack!
    Be specific: What part of the OP makes you feel he is jealous about how others use their money? Don't worry, Ill wait.

    He is clearly talking about people not agreeing on what they are worth. All of this stuff about being jealous how other people use their money, is coming from you, not the OP.
    Last edited by Chai; 08-16-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Be specific: What part of the OP makes you feel he is jealous about how others use their money? Don't worry, Ill wait.
    The tone.

  3. #23
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    The tone.
    Nope. All of this stuff about being jealous how other people use their money, is coming from you, not the OP.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Yup.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uidolon View Post
    the diffrence is that ED you still need to do the grind after you bought them and this is content they have made not getting big boost without work. otto lets you pass directly to goal collect the PL skipping past the grind.
    I disagree. Leveling up without grinding for equipment makes your L16-18 pretty useless. You still need to work.

    On the other hand, no amount of work/grinding can make you the power you get from EDs, that ONLY comes from paying. Two L25s who have run IDENTICAL content with IDENTICAL gear are vastly different if one also bought the P2W epic destinies. The fact that people get mad if you run EE in the "wrong" destiny, never mind not having one at all, pretty much proves that to win you have to buy destinies and nothing else will compensate.

    buying ED tomes of fate that is win on the other hand you a stacking bonus that is practically impossible to get ingame without using store.
    Correct, ED tomes are also p2w

    saying ED is win is like saying new adventure packs is p2w.
    Incorrect. I can achieve the same level of power without any particular adventure pack. However, I can not achieve the same level of power without ED.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    No its a thread about people using the market channels to flame eachother due to not agreeing on what ottos box is worth.

    All this stuff you keep accusing people of about being jealous about how someone else spends their money, is a straw man argument.
    So this thread is about people being mad that the trade channel is being used for trade discussions? Wow, its even more pointless than I thought lol

  7. #27
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    So this thread is about people being mad that the trade channel is being used for trade discussions? Wow, its even more pointless than I thought lol
    Glad I was not the only one who was thinking that.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    So this thread is about people being mad that the trade channel is being used for trade discussions? Wow, its even more pointless than I thought lol
    Actually i find this thread quite fascinating. It had like 3 replies the whole yesterday then someone comes in mentioning the usual P2W and after a few hours we are on 26 now :P

  9. #29
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Incorrect. I can achieve the same level of power without any particular adventure pack. However, I can not achieve the same level of power without ED.
    Not true. Most adventure packs have loot that is unique to them that is superior in many ways to loot from f2p quests, so, if you don't farm adventure packs for the better loot, you will be under geared and thus less powerful, just FYI.

    Personally I don't see the Otto's boxes as P2W, but, I also have no need to get one, or at least I have no use for the stone that it comes with (I sill have one stoner baby that I need to level) , the other stuff is kinda cool, but again, I am not in any need for any of it, well... I could always use another pet, LOL, but I think I have that cube already... not sure.

  10. #30
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    I disagree. Leveling up without grinding for equipment makes your L16-18 pretty useless. You still need to work.

    On the other hand, no amount of work/grinding can make you the power you get from EDs, that ONLY comes from paying. Two L25s who have run IDENTICAL content with IDENTICAL gear are vastly different if one also bought the P2W epic destinies. The fact that people get mad if you run EE in the "wrong" destiny, never mind not having one at all, pretty much proves that to win you have to buy destinies and nothing else will compensate.



    Correct, ED tomes are also p2w



    Incorrect. I can achieve the same level of power without any particular adventure pack. However, I can not achieve the same level of power without ED.
    I would like to see how are you going to get esos, pinion or eaga without buying the packs.

  11. #31
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    So this thread is about people being mad that the trade channel is being used for trade discussions? Wow, its even more pointless than I thought lol
    The thread is about people arguing and flaming eachother in trade about how much an ottos box is worth. This is not using the trade channel for trade duiscussions when an entire 30 minute trollfest galore has to happen in trade over disagreement about the worth of a specific item - and furthermore, it disrupts everyone elses ability to use the trade channel for trade discussions when people have to have a 30 minute argument in trade about the value of one item.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  12. #32
    Founder Rogosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    483

    Default

    If everyone doesn't stop arguing I'm going to turn this car around and take you all back home and put you to bed without your supper.
    Thelanis: Rogosh, Dhragkar, Dhrakian, Meridion, Maherellen.

  13. #33
    Community Member Llewndyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,514

    Default Sadly, I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    If you don't like them, don't buy them.

    Turbine needs to make a little cash too, yaknow.

    If you think grinding out a past life somehow makes you 'cooler', then good for you.

    It's none of your business what we spend our money on - it's our money, not yours.

    Sorry it's bothering you so much. Perhaps you need a break from the trade channel?
    And this is the same issue I have with:

    1. Nerf/ remove SP pots
    2. Nerf/ remove abilities/ spells people build their characters around
    3. Nerf weapons
    4. Nerf classes
    5. Make quests harder because you have 16 hours a day to know every minute detail.

    I am going completionist (1.25 lives left!!!!!!!!?!!!!) pure all classes all the way to 20. When I finish my last life (monk), I will be proud of myself. It doesn't matter to me that others spent a couple hundred dollars to get to the same point. They don't have the gear I got. They don't have the experience I got. They don't have the great times running in fun PUGs, the agonizing annoyance that is being a paladin, the knowledge of what does and doesn't work. That's fine by me. When I run with someone who has Otto/Stone of XP'ed themselves through 10 lives to get to completionist, even if they HAD the gear from the 1 or 2 lives they DID do, I can tell. I'm a better player than them. Others can tell as well, as they are the ones who have time to brag while being carried to the next shrine.

    If people want to go out and throw money at stones so they don't have to play the game but can get a false sense of reknown and respect from their fellow players, let them do it. Those people who have slogged through the muck the hard way will know what they've done and they will NEVER gain those peoples' respect.
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    134

    Default

    All I have to say to this thread is that its a "Public Channel" so get used to it. Just like in real life if you go into public your bound to run into people who say stupid stuff or say things that you dont like and annoy you. Deal with it.
    Thelanis - Active Toons -> Gyversix, Lootforge, Reyvhin, Darkmeat, Yukka, Raypac

    Leader of Solid

  15. #35
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofDiamondz View Post
    All I have to say to this thread is that its a "Public Channel" so get used to it. Just like in real life if you go into public your bound to run into people who say stupid stuff or say things that you dont like and annoy you. Deal with it.
    To a degree. At some point it becomes against the rules however. Concerning your analogy, people behave alot more poorly on the internet than they would in real life, because they clearly understand that if they acted that way in public there might be undesired consequences. Acting the way they do in a public internet channel at a real life public auction for instance, would result in being tossed off the property the auction is happening on. "Deal with it" takes on a whole new meaning...
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  16. #36
    Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    OK, I get it. You all want Otto's boxes.

    It's getting a little bit tiresome though. I don't know how many people you think are just sitting on them waiting to trade them for gear, but the demand clearly outweighs the supply. By about 100 to 0. Trade chat is just a constant spam of people asking for Otto's right now. The server marketplace forums have been bad enough. I mean, I see that you all have big lists of mediocre EE items that you think are worth around $50 US in some combination or another, but good god. Even if the items you are offering are decent, it almost seems like insider trading with things about to change.

    I'm not coming back into this thread because this is going to be a one way communication, but I will preemptively post my responses below. Feel free to imagine them after any of the posts that might follow.

    "Oh cool, you did manage to rip someone off for an Otto's Box? That's great. I guess if enough people ask for them constantly it might work out for a person or two.
    It's like asking everyone you meet out on a date. Someone somewhere is going to be drunk enough."

    "Oh really? You like to sell them? Are you sure you aren't just the alt account of someone who is trying to buy them?"

    and finally...

    "Oh, you think what you offer is a fair exchange? Well then let me ask you this; How many Otto's Boxes have you sold? Oh wait, you only buy them? I wonder why that is..."
    You forgot at least one canned response:

    "oh wait you're right, I don't understand how supply and demand work and have a naive concept of how market value is established, perhaps I should educate myself on these things before complaining about stuff I clearly don't understand"

  17. #37
    Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I know nothing of these 'straw men' you speak of
    Yeah well neither does Chai so don't sweat it.

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    To a degree. At some point it becomes against the rules however. Concerning your analogy, people behave alot more poorly on the internet than they would in real life, because they clearly understand that if they acted that way in public there might be undesired consequences. Acting the way they do in a public internet channel at a real life public auction for instance, would result in being tossed off the property the auction is happening on. "Deal with it" takes on a whole new meaning...
    I work in customer service and trust me there are plenty of people who act just as stupid in real life. When I say "deal with it" I just mean your gonna have to put up with it because you know damn well its not going to change. So you either ignore it, do something about it, or complain. I choose the first option myself.
    Last edited by KingofDiamondz; 08-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Thelanis - Active Toons -> Gyversix, Lootforge, Reyvhin, Darkmeat, Yukka, Raypac

    Leader of Solid

  19. #39
    Community Member onivedlav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    119

    Default $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I honestly have no idea why they made these things tradeable. I mean, none of the items in them are tradeable, are they? So why should the whole package be?

    Having items like this tradeable essentially makes them an alternative currency of sorts, and that's why they are so prevalent in trade requests and offers.
    Because they sell 10x more...

    Stones are as p2w as xp pots I really don't think that's a problem.

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofDiamondz View Post
    I work in customer service and trust me there are plenty of people who act just as stupid in real life. When I say "deal with it" I just mean your gonna have to put up with it because you know damn well its not going to change. So you either ignore it, do something about it, or complain. I choose the first option myself.
    Really? Because it sounds like you're complaining.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

    Cannith

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload