Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default No particular order

1.) More content. More Raids, more dungeons, more mini quests, more ways to gain xp. We need a larger endgame for the traditional endgame players, but we need a larger early and midgame for the True DDO Endgame: TRing.
    2.) Take us up to level 30 (because 28 is not a pretty number to stop on) and invest money into making offshoots of destinies (think like 2 prestiges per destiny. One for each of the stats, so Shadowdancer would have an Int prestige and a Dex prestige) that would come out roughly about U25.
    3.) Raise the xp given by some quests. Getting 12k from Elite Power Play is upsetting, to say the least.
    4.) Invest some money into crafting to make the gains more noticeable and worthwhile.
    5.) Rework the Cannith raid crafting system into a different version of the Shroud items. Do MONTHS of player polls, surveys, etc figuring up what would make these more attractive. Seriously Greensteel is still recommended for lvl 28 content for some people. LVL 28 CONTENT, 4(?) years and 10 levels after it was originally made.
    6.) Upgrade some of the graphics in older quests to make them stand up better to some of the new age content.
    7.) Make more alternatives to the top end weapons. Maybe such and such weapon is better for this raid and this chain, but is lackluster at this other chain. More varied content means more varied items needed to be the most efficient.
    8.) To go with 7, our bags would be 5x10, instead of 5x4. Bank sizes would increase by the same amount.

Edit:
    9.) Make our friends list an account wide thing. Not an individual character setup like it is now.
    10.) Finish current prestiges, so we have 3 per class (4 in the case of Arcane casters).
    Last edited by Nightmanis; 09-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Default Player retention and reenterence

One more thing about raids. GOOD raids can keep guilds occupied for many months, even years. It might be much more work to develop, but this should be about player retention. Shroud and Hound did WONDERS for player retention. The Abbot and The Twilight Forge, not so much.

Worried about new accounts? Dont change the game, change the payment plan. F2P plan needs to be more accessible for those that want to play free for a while. Why not make a one month ALL ACCESS PASS (just content)? ALL content free for 30 days? If they like the game, it converts to what we have now. That would reverberate on all gaming sites and be incredible free advertising. Throw ALL VIPs a bone, and returning ViPs a bigger bone if they come back for at least 90 days... such as the ability to earn extra monthly TP (based on how long they played before they quit...)
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 09-03-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Player retention and

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    HELL YES.

Also... make Necropolis look like kindergarten with the introduction of MYTH DRANNOR.
    Add TOMB OF HORRORS to Delera's Graveyard scaled for levels, so HC, HN, HH, HE, EC, EN, EH, EE. Heroics 14-17, Epics 24-27, add in an EXTREME CHALLENGE mode that scales up the EE difficulty to challenge a complete party of fully geared out max level characters. It's already written for you, just use different names if that's a problem. Hell, it was even written by Gary Gygax, why WOULDN'T you put it in the game graveyard holding his eTomb?

But no, we get Hellball.

edit: If anyone that matters ever reads this, seriously, an expansion pack full of awesome classic D&D modules to run? Why hasn't this happened yet?
    Last edited by Firepants; 09-03-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Add TOMB OF HORRORS to Delera's Graveyard scaled for levels, so HC, HN, HH, HE, EC, EN, EH, EE. Heroics 14-17, Epics 24-27, add in an EXTREME CHALLENGE mode that scales up the EE difficulty to challenge a complete party of fully geared out max level characters. It's already written for you, just use different names if that's a problem. Hell, it was even written by Gary Gygax, why WOULDN'T you put it in the game graveyard holding his eTomb?

But no, we get Hellball.

edit: If anyone that matters ever reads this, seriously, an expansion pack full of awesome classic D&D modules to run? Why hasn't this happened yet?
    Fantastic! LOVE IT!

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Default Raids over housing any day.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

I'll file these under too early to tell (and definitely not promised)...

- New class (we're discussing)
    - Housing (we're discussing)

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    I'd rather have more raids/content than any kind of housing. I play the game to group with friends and/or kill the mobs and bosses.

Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    I believe it's too late for player housing at this point. A new class would have less meaning to me at this point than a new race, such as the gnome or the eclectic spirit folk?

Shoot high and put a team on a new raid. One for the ages. Maybe one where rare artifacts can drop. Give em a hook (especially a shiny one), and peeps will bite!

If none of this is possible.... stand pat and work in more spells. Bring crowd control back, and add illusion spells. Work new content. New monsters. DDO is old, a niche game... stop trying to ZYNGA-Down the game.

Go back to your roots, where it all started, D&D. Bring in D&D places in the old Forgotten Realms, The City of Song - Myth Dranor, Zhentil Keep, Calimport, Luskan.

Do the things that will positively affect the most people in the least amount of time.

id skim money from ddo any way possible and laugh maniacally at the forums. Mw mwaha, MWAHAHAHAHAH.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

HELL YES.

Also... make Necropolis look like kindergarten with the introduction of MYTH DRANNOR.
    The Myth Drannor you are thinking about no longer exists. The spells tying the devils to the mythal were removed effectively banishing all the devils in Myth Drannor before the death of Mystra. Myth Drannor is now an elven city again and has less to recommend it as an adventure location than Sharn in Eberron. Everyone has a pretty similar idea of how an elven city looks and feels but Sharn could support a much more interesting environment. The greatest problem I forsee for Sharn is quests with navigation like The Pit but without all those traps. The map from Coal Chamber probably could be put in Sharn after being given more straight line passages and whatever the local enemy is. Vertical maps would be a problem but I think there would be more room for artistic city areas that look new.
    Last edited by Book_O_Dragons; 09-03-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Community Member

For my tastes, no raids, no housing, give me (super selfish) low level quests, preferably in the new world, id like to be able to tr there level 1 --> 20.

It would I think be nice for old players who mainly true rez AND for new players who are getting their first few characters up. Raids like the titan must take a lot of effort to make and are nearly abandoned, mean while people constantly run waterworks.

Give us another waterworks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I think it's safe to say that The Shroud has been the most popular raid in DDO, in large part due to the variety and flexibility (and power) of the loot, in addition to the loots' persistently unique features (we still don't have Concordant Opposition available elsewhere, nor single items with +45 exceptional HP or +150 exceptional SP, among other things), but a large part of the raid's popularity has to be due to the design of the thing. Everyone participates for the entirety of the raid. Nuking and insta-killing casters are employed clearing relevant trash mobs in parts 1, 2 and 4 of the raid, DPSers of various stripes (good against constructs, outsiders, elementals, etc...) employed in parts 1, 2, 4 and 5 varyingly, group healing requirements that can be adequately handled (to some degree) by non-primary healers, a real use for ranged DPSers, and a fight based on DPS and attrition to cap things off, but combined with a mechanic that eases the burden for classes that have a difficult time with drawn-out, high damage fights (mana-replenishing pools). Not everyone digs the part 3 puzzles, but they serve as a nice break from the onslaught, and infuse the quest with some variety.

Raids should feature a degree of variety, and employ as many of the major skills we use throughout the game as possible in addition to greater teamwork. Too many raids don't care about insta-kills, crowd control, stealth, tanking, and loads of players' abilities thanks to an abundance of red- and purple-named monsters with immunities to many of the features we enjoy most on our toons, hence, raid leaders typically look to fill their raids with a narrow band of the available character combinations available in DDO, and players who don't like to feel like they aren't contributing are left with the tough decision of whether they can bring the character they want the XP/favor/loot on, or the character that offers the most to the raiding party.

It looks to me like a lot of players were disappointed in the absence of a raid in the U19 Xpack. Raids should be an important part of the game, a culmination of the conflict in a pack/area. If players aren't participating in raids as much as you'd like, perhaps you should being asking why that is, and seek to make adjustments, rather than abandon or sideline the things, because you don't want to be bothered.
    Quoted for truth

Another reason why the Shroud was so popular (and why you still see at level Tempest's Spine and Chrono, at least on Khyber) is because you dont have to go through a long explorer area before reaching it. While TOD loot was still good, it was also a very popular raid.

Raiding is unpopular at the moment in DDO because the raid loot is rubbish and the new raids are not very good sadly (FoT and CitW).

I wish the devs would make new raids for everyone to enjoy :

- simple, logical flagging mechanics

- loot that's better then random loot but most importantly loot that is different from random loot (like loot that improve bard songs, barbarian rages etc...)

- team work but not over complicated so that less hardcore players can enjoy it

- no need to run through explo areas to reach it

- EE version should be significantly tougher with slightly better loot for the hardcore guilds to have fun.

- old raids should be epic'd to lvl 28, with loot upgrades and a "portal" mechanic like to one in TOD should be made so that people can easily reach LoB, VoD, Titan and HoX.

After all it's a game and devs should think of ways for us to have FUN, not of ways to put us in endless pointless grinds (TR, epci TR... for what challenge at the end ??)

when choosing only between housing and raids: I would say raids because it would make more people happy. also just not only new but also balance them so they are interesting again on raid focused people. (again not me yet)

what I would like:
    -more focus on Eberron content, Races/Classes that make sense in this like psionic based ones. (also I wouldn't mind that it will be sold as a pack or something)
    -Something that would solve the storage problems. I am not planning to hop on the I put a lot in the AH at idiotic prices to get around that.
    -time to do bug fixes. wouldn't mind that at some times there is nothing new at all but just a lot of fixes that make playing the game a lot smoother.
    -Finally I don't understand the opportunity to make apps for DDO things to do isn't "abused". for example (no time for playing or waiting wherever and getting bored, but wait I can do some AH in the meantime)I am sure if people put their minds to apps for DDO not only practical app ideas would come but there is also a lot of opportunity in the area that would be like other things you could do minigame like that would have an impact ingame.
    -more events: I do like them a lot and hate it when I miss 1 because they are so rare (like I missed last one just now)

2014 DDO Players Council

If none of this is possible.... stand pat and work in more spells. Bring crowd control back, and add illusion spells. Work new content. New monsters.
    <snip>
    Do the things that will positively affect the most people in the least amount of time.
    I want the dynamic end-game filled with a dozen raids and many dozens of relevant 6-player quests that we had pre-MotU, but, for the short-term, or bang-for-the-buck, I second the motion for these ideas.

Not only create new spells that are missing, but you can VERY easily add lots of new spells without having to create them...by giving already-existing spells to the classes that are already supposed to have them. Give Druids their missing (but already implemented) Mass Cure Wounds spells. Give Clerics their missing (but already implemented) Storm of Vengeance. Squint at Dimension Door, say, "close enough to Tree Stride", and give it, renamed, to Rangers and Druids. And so on. You could create a lot of new spells and a lot of new excitement with very little effort by simply putting those existing spells to the broader use they should have.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

1. Epic Shroud/Vale, Tempest's Spine, and Epic Kobold's New Ringleader
    2. Finish Cleric Domains
    3. Extend ship buff duration as guild level reward
    4. Rework Stormhorns/Wheloon loot to be desirable and useful
    5. Reintroduce random lootgen with guild augment slots
    6. Introduce more useful clicky effects and missing weapon/DPS effects to Cannith Crafting
    7. Revert changes made to everyone's twink gear, including Icy Burst and ML of Invulnerability Shards
    8. Make Commendations (not heroic, the Eveningstar collectible ones) BTA
    9. I would have added alignment change and race change to the +20 hearts of wood
    10. More Festivult, better cookies.
    11. Change collectible vendors... the price of low level augments is ridiculous, especially because they're random
    12. Remove Astral Shard UI window (or make it toggle/removeable by player)
    13. Add an actual Cleric ED
    14. Add Warpriest and Wild Mage PrEs
    15. Make Completionist feat a passive autogrant
    16. Buff up Epic Feats (Higher Spell power, +2 to DCs in one school, More damage/better DCs for SLAs-- looking at you, Mass Frog and HellBall)
    17. Rework Warchanter PrE
    18. Total revamp of Fatesinger ED, especially the Epic Moment
    19. Fix Cleric Aura and Master's Blitz/Blood and Radiance so they don't reset when going through a load screen
    20. Increase available bag/bank space via favour
    21. Revisit favor rewards across the board... so many are useless or outdated
    22. Remove changes to Heal and Spellcraft. Or, make them class skills for all arcanes/divines, and have them choose the highest INT/CHA/WIS modifier. Spellcraft that is INT based is really difficult to fit in on a divine.
    23. Introduce more spells, especially damage spells for Divines and Damage/CC spells for Bards.
    24. Guild augment timers should either be given a longer duration, made stackable (the more you put on, the longer the duration), and/or pause in public.
    25. While you're at it, make ship buffs pause in public, too.
    26. Change Divine Might back to a Sacred bonus.
    27. Airship beacons in Meridia, Eveningstar and Amrath.
    28. Remove all seizure inducing, headache worsening visual effects in game, such as in the Wheloon explorer area, Madness chain, etc.
    29. Find a way to turn down new conquest/ransack alert noises (Which I like very much... they're just super loud)
    30. Get rid of this horrible website format and go back to the old one.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default I have an opionion!

Greetings ProducerRowan,

I would like to see Gnomes in the game and I'm intrigued by player housing.

However, I would rather see more raids first. In that vein it would be cool if the Sharn Syndicate got epic levels and a raid. After that epic levels and a raid for Delara's Tomb. To finish off the trifecta a raid for the Sentinals of Stormreach pack would be great too.

Most importat to me is more Sharn Syndicate. I really enjoy that pack.

Best,

Liv

1. Add gnomes (1st), WF scouts (2nd), shifters (3rd).
    2. More Raids
    3. Make Airships have bind points, allow planescaller to teleport to different worlds
    4. Add psionics as a race (Kalashtar (4th)), NOT as a class.
    5. Keep Kobolds as a monster race.
    6. Add more Illusion spells to game. This would work well with gnome addition.
    Bring in... GNOMES!!!

Triage:
    1) Finalize the enhancement system by fleshing out the racials, then knocking out any rebalancing required based on all available combinations. Tedious, admittedly, but needed long term.

2) Incentivize pack purchase via:
    2a) Storage bonus per pack owned via points or vip, so that the system grows with the game, and rewards folks for spending more cash one way or the other (handles a bit of the whole player housing bit, though I suppose a chest per pack in a house would serve, if folks are stuck on the notion of having a set of displayed pixels for it.).
    2b) Crafting pass for canith, highlights being more cannith recipes with per-pack mats, with special attention to time spent vs reward, and all non-epic crafting systems rolled into it, and the removal of the large number of duplicates.
    2c) epic 4x collection with the epic shard/seal/scroll system being an either/or system where they drop N/H/E, or can be upgraded to that level via scroll/shard/seal.
    2d) pre-MotU-raiding, and post-MotU raiding consolidation, with both either dropping the same upgrade tokens, be it of the twelve, or of heroism (heroism being more generic, likely go with that nomenclature), or adding a conversion mechanic (say, 2-3:1 twelve to heroic to keep it reasonable.).
    2e) Expanding the sagas tech to additional packs to a lesser degree.

Retention:
    1) A higher frequency of possibly spawned orange names throughout the game. Note possibly, not guaranteed, so quests are not as rote.
    2) Procedural mob-group spawning. Some times a cleric spawns as a wiz, sometimes a fighter as a barb, ect. See point 1. As we drift further from the d20, where little differences can have large impacts, it becomes more critical to address gameplay variance (read here: replayability) in other ways, while avoiding total arbitrariness.

Expansion:
    1) It's pretty much a given that folks want more new quest experiences. The most obvious is more new quests and raids.
    2) Less obvious, is how much of a percentage of folks are interested in that new experience being through new abilities granted both to us, and to our oponents, or more effective versions of current ones. I personally fall under the former category, but do feel it's one of those things deserving of a full and open conversation all on it's own.

Hero

You know that scene in Pulp Fiction between Jules and Marsellus about sending The Wolf? Yeah, that. Players need to hear something reassuring from the producer about the recent outage.
    Last edited by Carpone; 09-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Housing over Raids?

Not sure exactly what housing means. Does it mean something with extra storage as some mention in the thread, or does it mean a house that I can decorate with cosmetic stuff? Since I don't know, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO to housing.

I know what Raids mean.

Raids all the way. If we get housing, which as far as I am concerned has nothing to do with D&D, then that will be it for me.

1. RAIDS
    2. Bug Fixes, at least pretend that bugs are important.
    3. RAIDS
    4. Bug Fixes
    5. RAIDS
    6. Bug Fixes
    7. Guild Ship battles in the sky, where we play pirate and pillage the other guilds stuff. Which just means that Turbine gives us stuff, the losing guild does not LOSE anything from their ship.

Housing? Please remove this concept from your brains. It is enough there are guild ships.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Oh come off it everyone.

The only reason we want raids, is because our mindset remains that Raids = The Good Loot.

That is because for the last 5 or so years, that had been the case. The loot attracted us, and it became social, as we would meet the same people in Pugs, we would gather with fellow friends and if we were in a small guild, get with other guilds to do raids. But, while Raids built up their own social culture, it was the prettyies, the loot that called us, that made us put up with moronic raid leaders, or insufferable jerks from time to time. Challenge did not call us either, we would gladly pike a completion in Reavers Fate, or hang on ladders in Titan, and many other things because, well, for the loot.

As far as DDO goes, Raids live and Die by their Loot they Drop, And someone killed the viability of the loot raids dropped, so the raids died.

if your thing is raids, well there are LoB, MA, FoT, CitW, Titan, Abbot, Shroud, ToD, DQ, HoX, VoD, VoN, Tempest Spine, Chrono, to keep you busy.. how many of these are still run, are still quested after, I barely see an LFM for any of them.

No.. Rowan, we don't need more Raids.. we need you stop letting people who work for you screw up the loot system that killed most of these raids.

and until you get the loot system fixed, give me the house., I would rather have more space so I can get rid of my mules, then some raid that will get run for 3 weeks and then watch as a new pack comes out that makes all the old raid loot worthless.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Oh come off it everyone.

The only reason we want raids, is because our mindset remains that Raids = The Good Loot.

That is because for the last 5 or so years, that had been the case. The loot attracted us, and it became social, as we would meet the same people in Pugs, we would gather with fellow friends and if we were in a small guild, get with other guilds to do raids. But, while Raids built up their own social culture, it was the prettyies, the loot that called us, that made us put up with moronic raid leaders, or insufferable jerks from time to time. Challenge did not call us either, we would gladly pike a completion in Reavers Fate, or hang on ladders in Titan, and many other things because, well, for the loot.

As far as DDO goes, Raids live and Die by their Loot they Drop, And someone killed the viability of the loot raids dropped, so the raids died.

if your thing is raids, well there are LoB, MA, FoT, CitW, Titan, Abbot, Shroud, ToD, DQ, HoX, VoD, VoN, Tempest Spine, Chrono, to keep you busy.. how many of these are still run, are still quested after, I barely see an LFM for any of them.

No.. Rowan, we don't need more Raids.. we need you stop letting people who work for you screw up the loot system that killed most of these raids.

and until you get the loot system fixed, give me the house., I would rather have more space so I can get rid of my mules, then some raid that will get run for 3 weeks and then watch as a new pack comes out that makes all the old raid loot worthless.
    ^^^

this.

why bother running a raid if all of the loot is trash compared to what can be pulled from a random chest?

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast