Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Is it the same people working on Raids that would be working on Housing? Silly question, I thought you had different people on Systems that you had on Content.

We have guild ships, but we need a hall in Eveningstar. Going back to rebuff is a pain in the arse and as you get deeper than two load-screens the annoyance gets really big. If the FR is going to grow it needs to feel more like "home" than "this place we visit when we need to bail out Elminster again."

But there are only two relevant raids right now, and that probably the bigger issue for the end-gamers. A quick and dirty would be better loot upgrades on the existing Epic raids (should only drop on EE) to make them worth running again.
    Omg this, how can you wonder why raids that had lots of usage do not anymore? I blame FoS go back and update the old loot and you will see them being run again.

Tweak some of the enhancement pass, there has been some interesting suggestions and there are issues with paladins, FIX IT. Start making content packs that don't make grand system changes that gut our characters we have worked on for so long, this goes back to gear aswell.

Last but not least FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE US MORE STORAGE!!!!! I don't care if it done via more bank space or housing but DO IT!
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 08-14-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    ......so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know.

This PLEASE! Our guild use to run all major raids when cap was 20 now maybe a couple FOT's a week, and a citw every odd week.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

- New class (we're discussing)
    - Housing (we're discussing)
    I've said it before I'll say it again:

I'd love to see some more focus on Eberron content, there's 3 whole continents which are Largely untouched and a number of Races/Classes that fit the world.

Next expansion would be great if you could focus on the Psionic side of Eberron:
    Classes: Psion, Psychic Warrior, Wilder and Soulknife
    Race: Kalashtiir, Inspired??? (Complete Psi has some interesting Host feats)
    Location Sarlona (Yes it's a whole continent to think of new things)
    Mobs: More Quori to fight!

Other Eberron things I'd love to see more of:
    Races: Shifters, Changelings
    Mobs: Dolgrim, Dolgaunt, More Karrnathi Undead
    Locations: Sharn, More Shaverath
    Random Neat Stuff: Dinosaur riding Halflings!
    Other: More of the Sovereign Host, More of the Druid Factions, The Undying Court

Other D&D stuff
    Locations: Sigil!
    Main Forum Account Status: Being Fixed!

I'll file these under too early to tell (and definitely not promised)...

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    We don't need NEW Raids - We just need the Raids we have to be made Relevant again!

Shroud is available in Epic Form on lamannia we keep hearing - So make it available on Live!
    Heck you won't even need to change the Loot {except for more Ingredients dropping obviously for faster Greensteel creation!}.
    People WILL Run Epic Shroud - This is a No-Brainer!

VoD and HoX shouldn't be too hard to Epic for you either - Scale them to CR 28 and add Epic Upgrades for their Named Items.

As for Housing - Of course it's not vital BUT it would play into the Role-Player's Hands and give them more of a reason to stick with DDO!

A Start would be to provide Guild Halls in Eveningstar for Guilds of Lvl 95+
    DISCLAIMER: It will be a heck of a long time as things stand before ANY guild that I am in on ANY Server will come close to Lvl 95!
    My own Guild on Cannith has just {yesterday} hit 53!

Oh and you already know my feelings on Races BUT There's one class that is still missing from DDO:

Psionicist!

Things this game needs (no specific order):

• FR has good setups for L8-17 but there's too many wolves and humans in my epic play. Maybe go back to Demons or Angels side of Amrath for some epic storyline or find some other Gods doing bad things or if you're low on time give the Vale the Epic treatment Gianthold got. The least run raid for 3 years: Titan would also like this treatment.
    • Add an interesting quest line with more conversation (with some randomness) and then get someone SPECIAL to voice it (Patrick Stewart, Bruce "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell, or even Ed Greenwood/Keith Baker.
    • (Un)favored Soul tired of cleric leftover PRE's. Divine Avenger Tree back on the burner.
    • An account-wide notepad tab under bio that's for player view only to record stuffs.
    • A graphical UI that replaces /quest completions & /quest
    • Wizard/Ranger familiars that scale through epic.
    • A raid using the up/down elevators tech in House Cannith during major fighting. Possibly combined with *fly* usage. Go 3d on us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    We don't need NEW Raids - We just need the Raids we have to be made Relevant again
    This.
    Orien~
    Zents - FvS | Raylok - Bard | Parchy - Barbarian | Zentz - Rogue

Community Member

Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    housing sounds great as does the new class!

Please do something about this eyesore

Our creature companions have better equipment sheets than us.

AND PLEASE FIX the invisible weapons bug!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    I would put more classic D&D modules in DDO, like Myth Dranor and Ruins of Undermountain, and add in more creatures from
    the monster manual.
    That would be absolutely awesome! and i also vote for spell ingrediant bags to!

The Hatchery

-Linux port (instant publicity)
    -Revamp some of the harbor quests to make them more interesting, like they did with Heyton's Rest
    -Make bosses more than just a normal mob with blanket immunities and higher health/damage
    -add a few contextual invincibility frames to Tumbling. Increase the window based on tumble skill
    -new races and classes
    -improve sneak and mob detection/aggro AI (I know this is happening, but still putting it here)
    -improve the quest design. I can't help but feel it's slacking a bit. Make them... more immersive maybe? More memorable? Innovative? I don't know. It's subjective
    -Improve some of the weak epic moments

Default If you're going to add things to the game...

Please update the favor rewards. For example... It's silly that one can only access anti-undead ammunition from the Silver Flame after one has run a significant amount of Silver Flame quests, most of which have only undead in them. Also, the House Jorasco and House Phiarlan favor awards allow the player to get 30-minute buffs that are otherwise 'only' available to caster classes, as potions, scrolls or wands. Instead why not just give us access to a potion/scroll/wand shop that sells these things? It's not practical to run to House P or House J for buffs that any caster can cast on you in the quest. Finally, the favor rewards received from Nyx the drow elder need an update. Please add +2 to +3 upgrade tomes for people who have already gotten all of the +2 tomes.

Oh, and about Undermountain? I would love that. In fact, you could make challenges AND a quest from that! I would suggest making Undermountain like a challenge or the Devil Assault quest, where you can choose the quest level. Also, if you guys do end up making Undermountain, please make sure the traps are many and devious. DO YOUR WORST!

Finally, Guild Housing would be useful, if it had something that guild ships currently do not have. Say, for example, a 'guild bank' which does what a guild chest can do, but the guild leader and/or officers can change permissions on the bank in order to control who has access to the storage. Also, a way to automatically refill/rebuy the buffing shrines would be good to have. Maybe an 'account' of sorts where anyone in the guild could put money into that would be automatically drawn from in order to rebuy the buffs.

Oh, Teifling race and Warlock class. I would love to see these.

Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

For me it is pretty easy.

1) Bug fixes (quality of life stuff would be nice)
    2) TRing is nice but please give us a reason to hang around endgame.
    3) More content (especially between 14-19)

Housing is meh (to me anyways). A new class may be interesting depending on which is chosen but wouldn't it make sense to finish the PREs for existing ones first?

Thanks for communicating!

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

The Hatchery

Also, make epic difficulties for a bunch of old raids, especially the devil ones. Quick, easy way to get some more end-game content: take old raids, make epic-versions of the loot, pump up the mob stats, and/or add a couple new mechanics.

Fix ladder bug.

Community Member

Well considering there are only 2 "end game-ish" raids at the moment, it's understandable that the player usage is less than the forum traffic. Especially when that forum traffic is about a lack of end game raids. Just for the sake of comparison, what was the player usage for raids pre-MoTU?

The only thing that could possibly get me to choose investing in housing over raids would be if housing gave me a whole bunch of extra storage. And I mean a whole bunch, like 1000 slots at least.

Otherwise, raids all the way.

Community Member

Housing Suggestions:

1. I would make Universal Challenge Tokens BTA. Then, I would introduce them into the crafting system to make scrolls/wands/rods and other unique items. This could even be linked with player housing and a special altar or crafting station. Universal Tokens would be another currency. All Epic tomes (+6 or above) cannot be used until going to a library (in player housing) and using Universal Challenge tokens to actually read the tome (give us an excerpt). It would be a great cross-promotion with some of the new Forgotten Realm book series/DnD movies.

In addition, I would like to be able to use Universal Challenge tokens to attempt to read a Nether Scroll, and make the results AWESOME!

2. Introduce housing but MERGE it with large-scale Assault/World Event questing. I would take the base castle from the quest "Storm the Beaches" and turn it up ten notches. Make it a difficult castle to storm for Epic/capped players. Bump the archers w/ Archer's Focus (or Manyshot) and make the Ballistae into Catapults that throw boulders from the "Fury of the Wild" ED. You could only access these world events from your house, (alternatively, you could make them accessible from guild ships with the right amenities). If from your house, you have to inform the steward you will be leaving to fight in the *insert name of world event here* and in order to anchor your house from being pulled apart by the teleportative forces, (think: Acquisitions Incorporated) you must leave him some astral shards to bind your house to the astral plane. Alternatively, it could require a small amount of AS to bind your house for a set period of time so you could become involved with as many world events as you want, during that period. The world events should feel like halfway between a challenge and a raid, ideally. The loot should require both Cannith AND Eveningstar Challenge ingredients but with the added cost and difficulty to acquire should feel more like upper-end raid loot.

3. Introduce companions into roles around the house. I want my Mephit to be my librarian (with according bonuses/penalties). The Earth Elemental gets to be the cook and make me Tasty Ham because he knows all about Stone Soup. The Kobold gets to send to me world events in the Sewers because, he remembers Waterworks. While the Shadow Gargoyle gets to send me to the Mabar end fight with a little twist OR perhaps to a Shadowfell Conspiracy themed event. The Tressym would make an excellent butler (especially the tuxedo Tressym). Pseudodragons know a way to enter the Truthful ones bed-chamber via Khyber. The owlbear companion would make a fine feather-duster and perhaps assist in the library (even promoted to head libarian!). In order to "set" a companion on one of these slots, it should require something similar to slotting an amenity is to a airship. I would think that some slots could be filled by any of the companions but would give different effects or bonuses depending on the action performed (entering instance/crafting/tome activation).

I would like Housing to give us access to more Raid-like events in the future. That way, we choose Housing now, but we use it to access more raid/challenge-like events from one single location. You should be able to start on your guild ship and then port to whoever's house is "anchored" (astral shards) for that week. Some events might require that more than ONE house is linked to the astral plane. Or perhaps it requires Shavarath War Trophies to bind your house to Shavarath.

Either way, player-housing needs to be dynamic and functional. Decorating does not equal dynamic. . .
    Last edited by Panserbjorne; 08-15-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Community Member

I am not sure what housing is, but it sounds interesting. A new class and raid also sound good, but I can never run all my characters through enough raids as it is. I am enjoying Fall of Truth and Caught in the Web and those will keep me busy for quite some time.

I also like that with U19 I can run those raids as much as I want for full xp while working towards level 28. That is a great change.

Many thanks to the entire Turbine team!
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

I want to see raids, quests and challenges.
    Would definitely like to see an all raid update.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

definitely housing..

as an example i have a 5 lives toon that every time i have to TR i need to choose what loot i will have to discard.. even though i know that i may do a life on that sort of gear again..

and not to count i have not playing much the new epics so i dont have gear from that.. every time that we have a new update and new gear/items come to live.. more and more difficult it is to keep the items u like to TR on certain toons..

specially now with lv increase more and more gear for that specific lv we have to stora and save.. and so far since i have started playing ddo.. there have been no other ways to store item.. ..

PLEASE MORE SPACE...

2014 DDO Players Council

I'd much prefer new races over new classes.

(I guess the Iconics kind of fit in there; what about [eventually] making those races generally available, instead of only in level-15-with-a-specific-class packages?)

We have it, of a sort, in our guild airships. Though there is certainly some quality of life to be had with respect to travel between Forgotten Realms and guild airships, that COULD be addressed without a new type of housing. E.g., make the high-level now-almost-pointless airship Planescaller be able to send us to...you know...another plane, like the Forgotten Realms? And have a Planescaller in Eveningstar or such who could send you back.

Though I don't see a burning need, I'm also not opposed to some new type of housing. However, if you were to do such a thing, I think it should REPLACE the airships, not divide our guilds among two locations. Right now, for my guild, our guild airship is a place we hang out and socialize. Any housing should facilitate that, not make it more difficult.

Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    Raids saw tons of usage a year or two back, when I was on timer for like 8 raids almost all the time, plus a few more occaionally. Now, there's only 2 raids maybe worth running for folks, and the longer, more annoying one of those has nothing worth running for me. So I only make a point of running 1 raid lately.

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know.
    A different housing system is not a priority.

Complete and stable systems are good. Large changes, frequent changes, pointless changes, or incomplete changes all suck.

Occasional new content is essential. Lots of content across all levels is good.

Lots of content especially at level cap is essential. That content should INCLUDE raids, but doesn't have to be ALL raids.

Meaningful loot that is neither trivial to acquire (Eveningstar Commendation gear, anything BtCoE that can just be purchased instead of won) nor nigh-impossible to acquire (Epic Ring of Spell Storing) is great. Running a raid 20 or 40 or 60 times, then finally getting the item your build needs to be perfect is priceless. Running it 200 times and not being any closer SUCKS. Getting it a single hour of boring farming also sucks.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 08-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast