Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

I'll file these under too early to tell (and definitely not promised)...

- New class (we're discussing)
    - Housing (we're discussing)

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    Housing is an interesting idea that I would like to see, but my personal experiences with player housing is that it has to have a utility integrated into the game or it becomes ghettoized content very quickly. Being able to collect trophies and add furniture that adds buffs or localizes useful functions (potion vendor medicine cabinet? drink vendor liquor cabinet? quick travel teleports? spirit binding bed? personal soarsled to guild airship?).

Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    new Raids - more quests to do... + more raid loot + server lfm's = happy players (+ raid bypass timers = tp = happy turbine)

housing = nothing to do. + housing rent = annoying and conflicts with guild housing which is already established.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Rowan, future enhancements, feats, etc. need the following considered=

1. How valuable will this be when the player gets it? (lvl 4, etc.)

2. How will this ability SCALE with the player?

Far to many feats and enhancements in DDO DON'T SCALE AT ALL. This needs to change.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Housing is useless. Please don't waste development time on it. We already have guild Airships.

Even better than Housing or Raids, please give Developers more time to complete their work entirely, instead of pushing it out to meet 'deadlines". We're still waiting for the Cannith Crafting system to be finished (or added to), we were waiting for more promised Prestige Classes (that are now turned into Enhancement Trees), we're about to get a new Enhancement system that is going to be released incomplete, Gem of Many Facets still not tweaked, Ranged Pass that was promised that I don't recall ever happening (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), players paid real money to have the Voice of the Master improved but all we got was an Augment when crafted with the Mantle of the Worldshaper. Finishing content, fixing bugs (old & new) and living up to promises, are more important than Housing or Raids that only end game players will play (until the next new content is released).
    Last edited by Cleanincubus; 08-14-2013 at 07:47 PM.

If you're choosing to focus between either Raids or Housing, I vote raids.

My most enjoyable time in this game was when the lvl cap was 20 and everyone was so into raids it was possible to be on timer nearly all the time for them.

Find a way to make raiding relevant again please. No, I have no ideas how to do this. But back then I was playing every night and loving it. My best night would be joining a PuG raid that goes horribly wrong before finally winning through.

Housing? Meh. While the cosmetic stuff is nice, I've spent no TPs on this kind of stuff except for a couple cosmetic armors a couple years ago ... that isn't why I'm here.

Community Member

Invite random characters into a group then read something non-DDO related to them and when all those uninterested leave tell those that remain who I was and have a DDO chat.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter/Favored Soul, Olur Takun - Something, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

It seems like many of the people who want housing are actually just looking for more storage. Housing, just as an aesthetic has no appeal for me personally.

Revitalizing existing raids seems like a better idea to me than making new ones. You can still make new ones, of course, as long as they don't invalidate all the existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    The other problem with raids is that Turbine has obsoleted so many of them. The whole "Heroic Commendations are Epic Raid tokens which we'll no longer call Epic Raid Tokens because some vets have a surplus of them" design choice means that VoN, MA, LoB, ADQ, and Chrono epic raids have no appeal. Even though the loot is in them has been creeped past, keeping Raid Tokens relevant gives players beyond the total appeal of them a reason to run them.
    This.

Not only with Commendations/Tokens, but the entire game is full of old crafting systems that don't get played as much today, and new players can't have a chance to see what was so hot about them when they were relevant. Dragontouched Armors are the most proeminent case (ML 14 dragon armors in general are as good or better, unless you farm a lot for a ML 16 specific combination).

I have dabbled in ways to circunvent those farming limitations some time ago, too.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Default .....

Well for me it’s as follows

-More VIP Bonuses-
    Add more to being a VIP such as one free character slot ever three months of consecutive payments, 750 turbine points a month instead of 500, One free daily Gold Daily Dice instead of silver, Ability to TR without needing a Heart of Wood or just grant a Heart of Wood when you get to lvl 20, etc.

-Famous Voiceover DMs-
    Getting some actors or actress for the duties of the voice over DM would be awesome (Felicia Day, Everyone from the guild!, from a list to …er z list celebs, etc.)

-Fantasy Writers To Create Quests-
    R. A. Salvatore, Jaleigh Johnson, Erin M. Evans, Erik Scott DeBie, etc.

-New Races-
    Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Kobolds with associated race enhancements

-More Customizable Features-
    Barbers in Marketplace and Eveningstar
    Create custom armor kits from lootable armors
    Change character appearance (size, weight, height, scars)
    Allow your own attack animation sequence from a list of allowed attacks that you can chain together for your own personal attack style

-More Feats-
    Add bull rush and a ton others as well as updating some useless ones

-Allow To Load Your Own Music Into DDO-
    I enjoy listening to my own music while playing, so adding a drop box for your own music in the DDO files would be outstanding! Also adding a UI for the music in game would be needed (tavern-choice1, Marketplace-choice2, Tangleroot-choice 3, Etc.). Then as you approach an enemy your selected music for encounters would be up to the user.

-More Quests-
    Add a lot more quests for lvls 13-20, especially 18-20 for both Eberron and Forgotten Realms
    Quests like the coin lord questchain in the marketplace would be a nice addition for higher lvls, good xp, quick, fun
    Every door should have a quest available in public instances. Even if it’s a ‘clear out the demon I summoned by accident while I was mixing some baking ingredients’ in my basement quest’
    All Public instance areas can be converted to instanced quests where an invasion occurs

-Add Astral Shards To Loot-
    Small chance, but should be added since the Daily Dice got some nice changes

I am not a fan of Raids or guild housing. But a guild house via hall of heroes like an airship in Eveningstar is fine. This game is the longest game I have ever played (Feb. 28th 2006!), and always a VIP and still continue to play until the servers get turned off. I adapt to the changes done to game. But whatever you do, do not ever change how the combat is or give up on controller support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Fix every ladder bug.
    ftfy
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    The other problem with raids is that Turbine has obsoleted so many of them. The whole "Heroic Commendations are Epic Raid tokens which we'll no longer call Epic Raid Tokens because some vets have a surplus of them" design choice means that VoN, MA, LoB, ADQ, and Chrono epic raids have no appeal. Even though the loot is in them has been creeped past, keeping Raid Tokens relevant gives players beyond the total appeal of them a reason to run them.
    Well, they sort of tripped into a new use for the old Epic Raid Tokens during the last update. We can now use them to make a named low level Augment when combining them with the VOM and Mantle. If they added more recipes like these to use with the old Epic Raid Tokens (which let's face it have been pretty much useless since MOTU and barely useful pre-MOTU), we'd have more reasons to run the old raids that give them out.

There's a whole bunch of things that aren't game braking that could be done with these Epic Raid Tokens. Combine them with Thieves tools to make Epic Thieves Tools (maybe a 100 +10 Thieves tools that have a 75% returning to them) is just one example.

Good, if you go all sunshine and rainbows I'd worry!
    If you fix the bank system in DDO, you will see all kinds of lucky charms

My two biggest wishes for DDO

1) Raids at Level30. What is the point of all the character building if we are not able to use them in raids. Prior to the last expansion we had ToD, LoD, VoD, MA, Shroud, VoN and Hound along with Pikers fate to keep us very busy. These raids were left in the dust of Demonweb.

2) Bank Space. For loot collectors or hoarders, the banking system is simply broken. We can't keep rare useless stuff for nostalgia if we want to TR a lot or collect a lot of named stuff.

Edit: forgot VoN in the raid list
    Last edited by Atremus; 08-15-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Raids are really the thing. Really.

Even if there is a decent chunk of the playerbase that raids rarely, there is also a chunk that would be raiding right now if we had a couple more raids. That second group is the most likely to be interacting with a wider but specific range of people (ie. not only guildies and not entirely random either). This interaction and cross-pollination between guilds and players contributes greatly to the development of a positive and vibrant community on the server. This community, in turn, is what keeps people playing more than any aspect of the actual game.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Did we mention bank space? This is us wanting bank space

This is Turbine saying it's not their idea so

so

it.

Lose/lose for everyone!
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 08-14-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Did we mention bank space? This is us wanting bank space ...
    What exactly are you trying to say? O:-)
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

1. Cosmetic Weapons and Shields
    2. Allow us to to use real items in the cosmetic slots after paying a TP cost to unlock them.
    3. More perks for VIPS such as:
    - Reduce raid timer duration by 6 hours.
    - Ship buff timers pause in public areas - or better yet persist until death.
    - Discount on AH fees.
    - Hireling contracts pause when not in actual use.
    4. Finish the artificer/cleric EDs and do something to improve Magister.
    5. Gnomes
    6. Add a raid to the Shadowfell pack at no extra cost.
    7. Include at least 2 new raids in packs over the next year.
    8. Epic Tower of Despair. Loot mechanic based on adding a 4th tier to GS items.
    9. Rework Dreaming Dark and Stealer of Souls into full on raids. Improve loot accordingly.
    10. Update with no new content in it, just bug fixes and quality of life enhancements.
    11. Update all the pre MOTU epic gear. Make it a bit stronger at the cost of having ML raised to that of the quest/raid it comes from on Epic Normal. Existing items can be retained as is or converted in stone of change.
    12. Expand spell lists, emphasis on schools that have very little in them currently.
    13. Revise CitW/Tor/FoT loot as necessary to remain viable with Shadowfells stat inflation.
    14. Spell mat pouches, wand racks, potion cases, and scroll binders available as store items.
    15. More bank space.
    16. Search/Sort functions for banked items.
    Last edited by Nadion; 08-14-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    What exactly are you trying to say? O:-)
    Hmm do you think I put too many pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

I am a big raider, but I could live without raids if you made 6 man quests the same caliber of and difficulty of raids. There is maybe 3 or 4 6 man quests that have been that caliber in the history of ddo so not holding my breath especially when put out quests with little incentive to be run more then once. The last update was a great example of this.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

You need to get some very basic things done first

1. Finish 3 PrE's per class as promised
    2. Finish ED's as promised
    3. Guild Ships in FR, simply get rid of the Eberron features and drop them in a box of water, make entrance a dingy at any dock.

If end game will be lvl 30 for a while, then raids at end game are important, but you need raids that have a loot system similar to the shroud which fosters long term repeat ability, and an ingame economy.
    Also you need to simplify raiding at lower levels by doing 3 things.

All raids below lvl 20

1. Drop flagging requirements (however give a mini saga xp bonus for those who bother to flag)
    2. Drop timer
    3. Make them outside the bravery bonus system. This is to avoid raids only being done on elite because nobody wants to break their TR streak. Give them a nice XP bonus to compensate, call it a raid bonus to xp or something

these 3 things will make TR's more likely to raid as they level, which creates more raid lfm's and more opportunity for pug's and newer players to get into a raid. Lets face it these raids in non epic form are really no longer endgame, and we need to stop treating them like they are.

This will also make newer players hopefully better equipped and prepared for epic content, plus it would make content more enticing in the store.

Once the first small set of things is done, then things like new classes or races would be welcomed. Content wise new content that has both a heroic and epic version is always a great idea as it has long term value.
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Community Member

1) add all random generated Armor/Outfit/Robe styles as Armor Kits to the Shop for low price
    (after all not much work needs to be done for that)

2) add several new Bag Types like Casting Compound Bag & Scroll Cases & Flask Pouch, also make the stored items accessible (else it wouldnt be much use..) costs can be set mid to high, after all they might need a Dev workin for a day or two.

3) rework the Shop, make it faster, kill (not)awesomium and burn it with fire, remove all x higher then 1 from the shop and make it give you % depending on the amount you have in your cart.

4) concentrate effort on Adventure Packs (good story and let every class have its moment in them, also raise Elite difficulty to brag level.) 1 pack per month, with higher price but each pack features a new enemy and a new way to let a class have its "moment"
    also add quests that can be talked / or skilled through, or at least add one such part into each quest.

5) stop expanding lvl range till 70% of the bugs are squashed and there is a reasonable amount of endgame quests (at least 10 additional packs 20+) and raids (at least 5 raids).

6) after all above is done add 1 or 2 new classes, fix bugs again and then increase lvl cap to 30
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast