Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Franchise Director ProducerRowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    1. The Little People Pack - Kobold and Gnome Playable races, Goblin Mobs - Goblins overwhelm the Stormreach Sewers and the Kobolds have to come out into the light.
    Have you been talking to Feather_of_Sun? I think he just adopted you.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    You make Kobold a playable race and we'll never leave.

Though we'll still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    10) Have someone anonymously reviewing the forums for good ideas and summarize the best of them in a weekly meeting. Someone with a tough skin who can largely ignore the complaints (there should be other people watching complains already, there is probably a few people doing this already).
    Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

I'll file these under too early to tell (and definitely not promised)...

- New class (we're discussing)
    - Housing (we're discussing)

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    You make Kobold a playable race and we'll never leave.

Though we'll still hate you.
    Good, if you go all sunshine and rainbows I'd worry!

Tolero isn't exactly anonymous, but I have a full summary that we review every week with senior executives.

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know. Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    I dont care about housing personally, though guild halls in FR would be nice. I don't really care about raids either, I'd rather have more quests. Undermountain sounds like a good idea. Low level to start with and as you get deeper the cr gets really high. and more prestiges please.... also Kobolds as a playable race is a horrible idea.

Is it the same people working on Raids that would be working on Housing? Silly question, I thought you had different people on Systems that you had on Content.

We have guild ships, but we need a hall in Eveningstar. Going back to rebuff is a pain in the arse and as you get deeper than two load-screens the annoyance gets really big. If the FR is going to grow it needs to feel more like "home" than "this place we visit when we need to bail out Elminster again."

But there are only two relevant raids right now, and that probably the bigger issue for the end-gamers. A quick and dirty would be better loot upgrades on the existing Epic raids (should only drop on EE) to make them worth running again.

Good, if you go all sunshine and rainbows I'd worry!
    You've never stepped foot in crystal cove have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    .... also Kobolds as a playable race is a horrible idea.
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I dont care about housing personally, though guild halls in FR would be nice. I don't really care about raids either, I'd rather have more quests. Undermountain sounds like a good idea. Low level to start with and as you get deeper the cr gets really high. and more prestiges please.... also Kobolds as a playable race is a horrible idea.
    /signed

Kobolds as a player race sounds like fun, and it probably would be... for about a week.

Housing might be interesting, not really sure how it would be implemented or what the advantages might be. Seems like we have something pretty close in guild yachts.

I'm not a big raider, I prefer quests also. And lower level is fine, especially from 14-18.

And if you can epic-fy old heroic content like Gianthold, what's wrong with reverse engineering some of the epic content for lower levels. This would be great in Eveningstar if you plan on using it as a starting point. It would be a better plan than starting folks at level 15...

But if I had to pick 4 things that this game needs by priority:
    1: more players (advertising)
    2: quality content
    3: bug fixes
    4: finish the classes... that means all of them. The enhancement pass is a good start, hopefully the momentum will continue in that direction.

We have to choose where to invest, so if raids are really the thing and housing is useless let us know.
    Housing: yes please. If you do spend time here, please go "all the way"... don't make it instanced (i.e. just another guild ship).. You have said in the past the current tech was problematic in increasing storage... so here's a place to work on that problem too.

Community Member

People need to have a meaningful endgame at level 30, be it raids or really difficult quests that have obscenely slow to acquire items, such as original Epic quests were. Once there is a meaningful amount of endgame content, say two raids and a dozen or two really difficult quests that give reasons to keep coming back as opposed to just trading for the good loot out of them, then you can start delving into cosmetic quality of life improvements such as player housing, new Epic Destinies, filling out the holes in the Prestige Trees, etc.

Player housing would absolutely make the game more interesting! It is a big perk, like the cherry on top of the sundae. But it won't hold players if there is no meaningful endgame to pique their interest in the first place.

Default Edited (Added):

Quote Originally Posted by djdevils911 View Post
    As a long time Player & Guild Leader, I'd have to state my position as Producer would fall under the following:
    ---------

1. Correct Login Issues, Character Swapping, & other Load Lag that's been consistent lately.

2. Correct the stupid Ladder Bug that's been prevalent for years now!

3. Setup an Alliance Tab on the Social Panel, for those Guilds running one.

4. Setup a "Scheduled Time" for Crystal Cove, such as the other Events ... & not allow it to be "Tossed Into Play" whenever there is an Issue that needs to be addressed as a Band Aid to keep people around.

5. Remove some of the Quests that the majority of Players don't even touch & put into Play a few new Quest Areas, such as maybe a Low Level "Forgotten Realms" section or better yet, Bluespine Peaks.

6. Enter in more Forgotten Realms Questing / Raids.

7. With every New Expansion: Deliver more Playable Content of Heroic & Epic Levels.

8. With every Expansion: Deliver at least one Raid. (Heroic Raids = Special Loot for appropriate Levels)
    (Epic Raids = Special Loot or Craftable Loot for appropriate Levels)

9. Improve XP, Items, or Favor for specific "rarely played" areas that do not fall into the Majority that would be removed from Game entirely.

10. Give Free-To-Play Players a larger Bonus of DDO Points when reaching Mlestones, so they have a better chance at purchasing Packs. (leave VIP Points alone.)

11. Give the VIPS another 250 Points a Month for their Money.

12. Add more Armor Kits, Creature Companions, Potions of different types, & more Character Options on the DDO Store. (i.e. I liked the idea of "Titles" -although, I believe those should come from Favor.)

13. Allow different designs to Airships, not just color changes.

14. Offer a "Special" for Brand New Players, such as a Free First 100 Cure Serious Wounds Potions, 50 Major Mana Potions, or a Choice of an Armor or Weapon.

Hope this spawns some more ideas. Have fun thinking of them everyone!
    15. Correct the "Charm" Spell, so that it works as it used to (where Charmed Creatures followed you throughout the Dungeon, as the Spell dictates).
    Burn 'Em or Insta' Death!

Edit: Never bloody mind

1. Increase moderation on forums and in game.
    2. Refocus at least somewhat on Eberron or just ditch it all together.
    Last edited by enochiancub; 08-14-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Fwiw, my ranking would be (#1 being most important)

1. Bug fixes
    2. More bug fixes
    3. More quests
    4. Even more bug fixes
    5. MOAR quests
    99. Housing (nice diversion, but wouldn't spend much time with this)
    100. Raids
    999,999,999... PvP

If you're thinking of Housing as a scalable way to increase Account / Personal Storage, then yes, I'd like that a lot.

The thing with raids that I really don't like is... FoT for example is a 20 minute raid with 7 minutes of cinematics. Repeat that 20+ and the cinematics get really old. The only thing that gets older is hearing the "Where's the skip cutscene button" quip every time. When you're new to the raid, if you're not running it on Lammania the raid leader takes that opportunity to discuss strategy or job assignments and you never even get the immersion or story the first time.

The other problem with raids is that Turbine has obsoleted so many of them. The whole "Heroic Commendations are Epic Raid tokens which we'll no longer call Epic Raid Tokens because some vets have a surplus of them" design choice means that VoN, MA, LoB, ADQ, and Chrono epic raids have no appeal. Even though the loot is in them has been creeped past, keeping Raid Tokens relevant gives players beyond the total appeal of them a reason to run them.
    It's basic economics. If the supply of Raid Tokens is too high, inflate the prices and bleed them out of the economy. A new pack could be released with a high price in upgrades, that declines over time (each patch/update) to a baseline. It'll bleed out the glut, introduce an early adopter tax, and stabilize pricing in the future. While demand for the raid is high, as it is the new shiny, the price is high. When the demand wanes, the price to upgrade drops. This also addresses the biggest barrier to entry an established MMO has, new players never being able to 'catch up' to the existing playerbase.
    Last edited by Systern; 08-14-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Community Member

I said before that if Iconic Heroes is now going to be the new thing, it would be a great way of adding the last core race to the game, Gnomes. Since it's the last Core race, it would be f2p, but the Iconic version would be the money making reason to create the race. I would think that the Gnome's Iconic Hero would be a Gnome Artificer of some sort.

===

On a separate track, since Dragons have become more of a focal point in the game, I would like to see more Dragon centric options in the game. Let me explain.

I'd probably seek to make a Dragonlythe a new Class (instead of a Prestige class as found in P&P). The Dragonlythe would have a very small dragon companion similar to Artificers and Druids. Now I think the neat trick to making Dragonlythe a class would be the the trees or Prestige classes. I would give the Dragonlythe the following prestige classes: Dragon Devotee, Dragon Descendant, Dragonheart Mage, Dragonslayer, Dragonsong Lyricist, Dragonstalker, Hoardstealer, and Platinum Knight. Here's the thing, I'd also make those prestige classes available as trees for all existing classes: Dragonheart Mage for Wizards, Dragonslayer for Fighters, Dragonsong Lyricist for Bards, Dragonstalker for Ranger, Hoardstealer for Rogue & Artificers, Platinum Knight for Paladins, Dragon Descendant for Sorcs & Monk and Dragon Devotee for Clerics & FvS.

Okay, it's bit rough, but I think the idea could be smoothed out into a nice polished stone.

Sorry to have to say this but I think you'll find that that was my idea in the first place:

I know when I first laid it out in one of the New Race threads I was quoted by a Dev {Can't remember which one}.

For some reason {probably to do with the Forum Migration} I can't find any of my previous posts on the subject {and I've brought it up on numerous occasions - re-quoting that Dev post in later threads}.

And now not just a Dev but the Producer also likes the idea?

Yay!

Now get to it please.

Community Member

1) i do not like housing, guild ship and ah are enough
    2) i do not like raids, especially when low level raids are "adjusted" to be played by level 25 dudes with full epic destiny :P

-----------------------------------------------------

here are some "easy to add" things in order of "easyness" (does it exist as a word ?)

A) moar monster manuals !!! (and do not forget to add monsters in the list, when you add new quests)
    B) sub races http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Races
    for most of the subraces all you need to do is "just" a reskin, and create a new race enhancement tree that is maybe 50% like similar to the main race one, so shouldt take too much effort.

gray half-orc Ability adjustments: +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
    (and yes people would totally buy it, for a simple reskin + some unique enchantment)

gold dwarf +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity (ok i am not sure if anyone would be interested in this...)
    wild elf +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence

aasimar +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma (someone suggested could just be a human reskin with the lich glowing eye effect turned golden)

tiefling +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma (they already exist in game, animations should be already done and no reskin required)

considering you already have elemental effects for sorceror savant and druid elemental form...
    these planetouched shouldnt be hard to make:

air genasi +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
    earth genasi +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
    fire genasi +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
    water genasi +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma

yuan-ti +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma (this can be a simple human reskin and could sell like xxx)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    new classes: warlock (his gameplay is different from other classes it requires more effort to make but adds diversity)

(adding new classes and totally new races requires more effort than a simple subrace reskin + enhancements)

if you really wanna add other classes, just think about the fact people struggle to do quests and especially raids and always look up for 1 or 2 "healers" to fill the spot...
    so that's what i would like:

power up druid, bard, artificier in such a way that people would start to insert them in the "healer" spot, that would benefit the game cause it would just be easier to form a party and go questing...

(artificier has got only 3 heal spells and they are "bugged" i tried to self heal with them, but couldnt... i had to stay in front of a wall or in front of an enemy in order to make the bottle crack and heal me... otherwise even aiming at my feet, it just would disappear without healing me)

the new 2 artificier heal sla are almost worthless cause it is so much easy to make miss the target entirely and not heal at all.

so if you add a new class that isnt warlock, that class being able to heal parties would help the game and the pugs and the raids to fill up.

Community Member

Raids get a lot of forum traffic but not necessarily the player usage.
    I want you to make that your signature...nothing peeves me more than the drone of the "raids raids only raids only ever RAAAAAAIDS!" crowd in any thread that ever suggests doing anything but raids

Lets see dungeon crawls! Why not have your DDO and your Diablo too, all in one game?

[...]

This is cool. I would vote this over housing since this can be selling like monks...
    And we know alot of the geeks here on the forums have some kind of monk splash, either 2 levels, 6 or the very popular monkcher has 12 or 6.

What are the new classes? Psionics? Psychic Warrior? Warlocks? Gnome Illusionist Iconic?
    Kalashtar Psionics Iconic?

I don't know what benefits this would add except making the game looking more like Everquest or Ultima Online... I meant people would spent to buy and decorate their house and hang their trophies and admire their chests at home and browse the (AS)AH from their house; do some gardening and ascetics on their house instead of questing... do we want that?

The city hubs would appear more empty to new people if player housing is added.

I would vote raids over housing; but you had better set some logging tools to gather some data from actual game usage and get some benchmarks and ideas.

The question would be: would raids generate more net income than housing?
    Last edited by Tyrande; 08-14-2013 at 04:46 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast