Community Member

Default Crafting: OK, it appears that I am stupid. Can someone un-stupid me please?

....or possibly the word is de-stupid. Whatever.

I've started crafting (Cannith, basic stuff, essences and what-not) on my level 17 Wiz. I've got A HUNDRED GRAZILLION essences (OK, maybe a few less) and want to craft some gear for my upcoming (hopefully soon, oh how I hate this Wiz) TR.

I've read the Wiki from start to finish, looked up every guide I can find, and do understand how the majority of it works, but...

Why can I not understand the ML the damn item will come out at when I've made it???? Is there an easy calculation please?

Started crafting today, so please bear in mind I am an utter utter crafting newb.

Thanks

Aes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    ....or possibly the word is de-stupid. Whatever.

I've started crafting (Cannith, basic stuff, essences and what-not) on my level 17 Wiz. I've got A HUNDRED GRAZILLION essences (OK, maybe a few less) and want to craft some gear for my upcoming (hopefully soon, oh how I hate this Wiz) TR.

I've read the Wiki from start to finish, looked up every guide I can find, and do understand how the majority of it works, but...

Why can I not understand the ML the damn item will come out at when I've made it???? Is there an easy calculation please?

Started crafting today, so please bear in mind I am an utter utter crafting newb.

Thanks

Aes.
    http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/

this site will help

but as easy thumb-rule
    shard value added, then multiplie with 2 and then subtract 1.
    so +2 and +3 = +5 * 2 = 10 -1 = minlvl 9

with crafting marks you can reduce the minlvl an additional 2 but you need cannith favor or tons of money because they are overpriced in the AH and the ingame shop
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Add all the shards "plus" value.

Double it.

Diminish one.

That is the item ML.

If the base item have a colorless slot, add +2 to ML.

If the base item have a colored slot, add +4 to ML.

If you use a shard of Masterful Craftsmanship I, reduce ML by 2.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Perfect! Thank you both

In the formula:

ML = 2X-1

Where X is the total potential, things that modify the ML (masterful, augments, etc...) don't modify the ML directly. They modify the "X." This is relevant when you craft a +12 item (ML20) and then apply masterful hoping for ML18. No joy; masterful takes the +12 down to +11, and +11 is still ML20.