Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    343

    Default

    i'd be happy with "sturdy" tools. a %chance of not breaking. kinda like house d sturdy ammo.
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

  2. #22
    Community Member ssgcmwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    481

    Default Something else along these lines....

    If the rogue or artificer is high enough level, how about a granted feat called "improvised thieves tools" which would allow a player to MacGyver together something to open that chest or disable that trap. Perhaps, being improvised, it should require a longer amount of time to unlock/disable the object in question.
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

  3. #23
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Something like 75% 'returning' tools could be available with 400 free agents favor. Not sure why their best tools aren't industry standard anyway.

  4. #24
    Community Member Antheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    How about changing the mechanics so that the tools don't get used up on a critical success?
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

  5. #25
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    personally i think this would be a great ability to put into the mech tree...porb as part of core 2,3 & 4 (rogue 3, 6 and 12 respectively) granting a 33%/66%/95% chance for a lockpick not to break (5% because it would still break on a 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  6. #26
    Community Member gravisrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    112

    Default

    How about (and imho easiest way to implement) this: along with trap pieces there will be a small chance of thieves tools landing in your pocket ?

    10% chance of 10 thieve tools depending on skill check DC comparing to trap DC:
    +5 - +1 tools
    +15 - +2 tools etc

    [edit]

    Or even simpler, introduce bags for thieves tools with reasonable stacks (3 stacks of 500 or sth like that)
    Last edited by gravisrs; 08-19-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

    Magia i Miecz, Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

  7. #27
    Community Member Zillee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Live from Bowser Castle it's Bowserkoopa

    I have suggested this in the past and I figure it's about time this came up again on behalf of my minions Shadowkoopa and Mechakoopa.

    Why oh why can we not get named thieves tools that don't run out. Something along the lines of "Master Thieves Tools"

    Sure casters would like master level X spell components but you know what this thread isn't about them. It's about the trappers and if someone wants to make the master level X spell component thread do it in some other thread.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Is tired of having to put many many many stacks of +5 thieves tools in the shared bank.
    /signed

  8. #28
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    This would be nice, yes.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  9. #29
    Community Member Garix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    944

    Default Please dear $diety oh please

    My wife would seriously love this.


    Mainly because she's bored of hearing me say "um........babe.......about these traps I'm supposed to disable..........." She now carries more than I do when I'm playing a rogue.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload