Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

i'd be happy with "sturdy" tools. a %chance of not breaking. kinda like house d sturdy ammo.
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Default Something else along these lines....

If the rogue or artificer is high enough level, how about a granted feat called "improvised thieves tools" which would allow a player to MacGyver together something to open that chest or disable that trap. Perhaps, being improvised, it should require a longer amount of time to unlock/disable the object in question.
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Something like 75% 'returning' tools could be available with 400 free agents favor. Not sure why their best tools aren't industry standard anyway.

How about changing the mechanics so that the tools don't get used up on a critical success?
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

personally i think this would be a great ability to put into the mech tree...porb as part of core 2,3 & 4 (rogue 3, 6 and 12 respectively) granting a 33%/66%/95% chance for a lockpick not to break (5% because it would still break on a 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

How about (and imho easiest way to implement) this: along with trap pieces there will be a small chance of thieves tools landing in your pocket ?

10% chance of 10 thieve tools depending on skill check DC comparing to trap DC:
    +5 - +1 tools
    +15 - +2 tools etc

[edit]

Or even simpler, introduce bags for thieves tools with reasonable stacks (3 stacks of 500 or sth like that)
    Last edited by gravisrs; 08-19-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz, Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Live from Bowser Castle it's Bowserkoopa

I have suggested this in the past and I figure it's about time this came up again on behalf of my minions Shadowkoopa and Mechakoopa.

Why oh why can we not get named thieves tools that don't run out. Something along the lines of "Master Thieves Tools"

Sure casters would like master level X spell components but you know what this thread isn't about them. It's about the trappers and if someone wants to make the master level X spell component thread do it in some other thread.

Bowserkoopa,

Is tired of having to put many many many stacks of +5 thieves tools in the shared bank.
    /signed

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

This would be nice, yes.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Default Please dear $diety oh please

My wife would seriously love this.

Mainly because she's bored of hearing me say "um........babe.......about these traps I'm supposed to disable..........." She now carries more than I do when I'm playing a rogue.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12