Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,395

    Default East Bucket List for Devs--revisited

    This is a list of what I believe to be Easy to Make quality of life changes. They are not the most important things to do, but would make a difference and I expect could be knocked out in a very short amount of time.

    In no order:

    1. Put stuff in the Temple of the Sov Host and allow characters to rest, recover, and bind there like in taverns.
    2. Allow characters to rest, recover, and bind in crafting halls like in taverns.
    3. Allow mass sunder/turn in for essenses, MAP PIECES, fest coins, fingerbones, etc.
    4. Add animation to Shiradi Champion nerve venom effect.
    5. Have adamantine ore drop in more places (or greatly increase drop rate from those dirty dwarves).
    6. Sort the TR bank. If can't do it, you do it.
    7. Stock Holy Sword component: Falchion.
    8. Make guild augment slots overwritable. (Even though these no longer drop, this change remains on this list.)
    9. Make Threnal side quests award favor.
    10. MOVE Pall Normond and Enni Neberra OUT OF THE WAY. (Blocking the path to House C banker)
    11. Ease the BtC restriction on eveningstar challenge mats.
    12. Change the color of the PM health bar.
    13. Teleport to the House C crafting hall (not house K).
    14. Make Cannith deconstruction be performed anywhere (no station required, just the decon items).
    15. Make party list sortable (less easy?)
    16. Tell divine and arcane hirelings to cast resists on themselves.
    17. Put an airship dock in house C (up on the patron's platform would be cool).
    18. Simplify Trap the Soul's material comp requirement.
    19. Create or plan links between ED spheres other than through the martial sphere.
    20. Buff archmage arcane bolts (metamagicable perhaps).
    21. Give WF a free feat at 1st level for body type.
    22. Repeal the Nightmare nerf. While it may have been OP before, it's about worthless now.
    23. Have epic raid chests always drop tokens or fragments.
    24. Fix FvS Wings in the Cavern leading to Eveningstar, EvS Cavern, and EvS so they recharge at the normal "in town" rate.
    25. Move the Druid Season timer/buff off of the buff bar (or keep it left justified) so it is more obvious
    26. Allow Epic Cannith challenge mats to be exchanged for heroic mats.
    27. Create a use for excess gold dubloons. (Rum is not enough)
    28. Enable invisibility to persist through casting of more spells (eg. Vigor).
    29. Make ammo in a quiver "hot bar-able".
    30. Have planar shards drop in more areas/quests.
    31. Reduce selectable size of Restless Isles elevators.
    32. Make more items stackable (Dragontouched mats, shards of power, augment crystals, etc).
    33. Make medium gem bags hold 30 different kinds of gems instead of 12.
    34. Add an item counter to TR bank.
    35. Add "Repeat the Zawabi's Revenge Raid" dialogue option.
    36. Have all stances remain in effect at logout (eg. currently precision does, power attack does not)

    This list was originally posted here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...92#post4796692 but I can no longer update it.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    This is a list of what I believe to be Easy to Make quality of life changes. They are not the most important things to do, but would make a difference and I expect could be knocked out in a very short amount of time.

    In no order:

    2. Allow characters to rest, recover, and bind in crafting halls like in taverns.
    3. Allow mass sunder/turn in for essenses, MAP PIECES, fest coins, fingerbones, etc.
    14. Make Cannith deconstruction be performed anywhere (no station required, just the decon items).
    16. Tell divine and arcane hirelings to cast resists on themselves.
    29. Make ammo in a quiver "hot bar-able".
    Couple replies...

    2. Just make crafting halls Taverns, so you can rest and recover. Binding, though, is unnecessary, since you can already bind to House C tavern just a short walk away (and its even outdoors).
    3. I dont think this would be easy enough to qualify as a "quick fix" QOL enhancement
    14. I'd be against this because it essentially lets you "sell" items anywhere. Even if you didnt get back the "extra materials" plat, which is the same as the price you'd get vendoring the item, it still circumvents the inventory system because you can convert items to stacking, storable, valuable mats in the middle of a quest. Inventory management is supposed to be part of the game, to keep you from just blitzing quests ad nauseum to farm items.
    16. Hirelings have innate resists at certain levels. If you try to cast Resist Elements on certain higher-level hirelings, it wont show on their examine screen because they already have 30 or more in that element.
    29. Like 3, I think the devs have said the reason this hasn't been implemented is its technically very difficult in the current system.

  3. #3
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Couple replies...

    2. Just make crafting halls Taverns, so you can rest and recover. Binding, though, is unnecessary, since you can already bind to House C tavern just a short walk away (and its even outdoors).
    3. I dont think this would be easy enough to qualify as a "quick fix" QOL enhancement
    14. I'd be against this because it essentially lets you "sell" items anywhere. Even if you didnt get back the "extra materials" plat, which is the same as the price you'd get vendoring the item, it still circumvents the inventory system because you can convert items to stacking, storable, valuable mats in the middle of a quest. Inventory management is supposed to be part of the game, to keep you from just blitzing quests ad nauseum to farm items.
    16. Hirelings have innate resists at certain levels. If you try to cast Resist Elements on certain higher-level hirelings, it wont show on their examine screen because they already have 30 or more in that element.
    29. Like 3, I think the devs have said the reason this hasn't been implemented is its technically very difficult in the current system.
    2. Yep, ok.
    3. You may be right, but I don't see why. There is already a function that allows for purchase of variable amounts of items--ctl click and then key in the amount. Why not do the same for these other things. Even those that yield a variable amount (eg. doubloons) all the it's doing is deleting X items and replacing them with X*Y items. Y can be a constant in some cases (5 for greater essences) or a simple formula (doubloons).
    14. Very valid point. I do not agree, but I do appreciate your reasoning. Personally I have enough inventory space (bought all the backpack expansions for active toons). My crafting lvls are 147-150 atm and the man-days of my life I've spent shuffling gear through my shared bank is sad. Personally, I wish I'd never messed with Cannith Crafting. It is not worth the time. There just isn't enough worth making to come close to justify the time synch. Anything that could be done to lessen the time taken would be appreciated.
    16. As far as I can tell, it is tied to their equipment. Blue dragon scale jumps to mind. That's just not good enough.
    29. I haven't read that, but I should would appreciate that kind of reply to this thread from the Devs. If you are correct, then I agree, it does not belong on this list, as this is meant to be easy stuff only (I did cheat the sortable party list in though).

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

  4. #4
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Adding:

    Combine bard fascination, music of the dead, music of the makers, and enthrallment into one song.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery SisAmethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bordeaux
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    11. Ease the BtC restriction on eveningstar challenge mats.
    If I remember correctly I have read that they want to make them BtA with next update.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    5. Have adamantine ore drop in more places (or greatly increase drop rate from those dirty dwarves).
    Farming A Relic of a Sovereign Past is a quick way to gather adamantine ore, especially with an over-level char.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  7. #7
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Farming A Relic of a Sovereign Past is a quick way to gather adamantine ore, especially with an over-level char.
    No argument there. But I didn't raise the issue just because it was a rare resource.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

  8. #8
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    If I remember correctly I have read that they want to make them BtA with next update.
    Correct. It will be a welcome change.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload