From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Default Min Lv 20+ Metaline of pure good / greater good weapons? Are they in the game?

Hay peps-

I have been looking for min lv 20+ DR breakers -

I have not need any min lv 20+ drop - in AH - any where....

Has anyone seen them and I am unlucky?

Is the lack of these items WAI or a bug?

Thanks!

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Hay peps-

I have been looking for min lv 20+ DR breakers -

I have not need any min lv 20+ drop - in AH - any where....

Has anyone seen them and I am unlucky?

Is the lack of these items WAI or a bug?

Thanks!
    Metalline I believe is +3, and PG is +2. So a +5 metalline PG weapon would be min level 18, and therefor can't appear in the ML21+ tables. Even at +6 it would be ML 20, which isn't epic if I recall. This is probably why you haven't seen this particular combo. You'd be better off crafting with an AML 20 silver or cold iron weapon to make something like +5 holy burst of greater bane.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Celestia is your best bet for a high level generic DR breaker.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Celestia is your best bet for a high level generic DR breaker.
    Right, unless you aren't of the ML 24 it requires yet, in which case go crafted. I'm assuming anyone looking for metalline of PG doesn't have much epic gear also (ESoS, EAGA, etc).

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Right, unless you aren't of the ML 24 it requires yet, in which case go crafted. I'm assuming anyone looking for metalline of PG doesn't have much epic gear also (ESoS, EAGA, etc).
    It's actually only ML 23. For 20-22 I'd probably just keep using the same DR breakers I used for heroic levels unless I just happened to stumble onto something better.

Make the elemental great ax of fire in the challenges, and put a good alignment augment in the red slot. Its ML 20 and has the double base damage property, as well as metalline as a property.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

If I understand correctly the minimum level weapons that are presently in the game will all undergo a change with the update. As I understand it, minimum levels were hard coded into the weapons on creation. With the update they will instead be calculated on the fly based on the weapon's characteristics.

What this means is that there will no longer be the kind of minimum level weapons dropping that produce ML blanks during crafting. Instead, all blanks will be ML1 (I guess potentially higher if they have extra hardness or some other factor to push the ML). All ML0 (no minimum level) items erroneously created in the past will become ML something (say goodbye to the twink ML0 rings, etc.).

I'm not clear on how this will impact weapons that were ML20+ due to increased damage values. However, what I understood is that the increased damage was going to become a characteristic of the weapon giving 1.5[x] or 2[x] or whatever. The way I read the information was that these would disappear if turned into blanks and the blanks would revert to 1[x] as ML1 weapons.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with this change or knows the developer post that outlined it could respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Metalline I believe is +3, and PG is +2. So a +5 metalline PG weapon would be min level 18, and therefor can't appear in the ML21+ tables. Even at +6 it would be ML 20, which isn't epic if I recall. This is probably why you haven't seen this particular combo. You'd be better off crafting with an AML 20 silver or cold iron weapon to make something like +5 holy burst of greater bane.
    I can see that making sense...

I still would have expected to see a few +6 Metalline of Greater Good or Good Burst, Greastest Good, etc...

Personally I have been find with crafting - I have a few options that are very nice ....

But I do have guildies that to do the crafting / are not high enough level. They should have random (or AH) options outside of raiding or crafting...

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

look at http://ddowiki.com/page/Composed_weapon_affixes
    of Crusader and of Rebel would be probably a good fit

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Just my opinion but as someone who used to run though the game with a golf bag of weapons:

High crit profile and untyped damage (Heartseeker, ribcracker) a Smiter preferably with light/Holy and a Disruptor with ditto and you're good. Get Arti metal buffs in most raids, so generic holy PG in shroud with silver buff... IMO when they made smiters/disruptors/banishers etc. do the extra damage (4d6?) they pretty much did away with any need to worry about metaline, because even a M of PG that hits for full damage is going to be less DPS than a bane weapon that hits for 4d6 bane and yellow base damage. Maybe the content I run but banishers just aren't a necessity... nice in a few places that have lots of planers creatures or eles, that also don't make their saves (making it less useful in the places you'd really like).

I actually just capped my first melee toon that literally has only one weapon (Phosphor on a melee soul, doing CitW for Celestia, but phosphor is the mini Celestia until then). Only time it sucks is blunt resistant mobs, but I just use more spells. I have a smiter but keep forgetting to drag it to my hotbar, lazy and very little in the way of constructs after 20.

Community Member

The base die is going to get improved to 1.5[w] above L12 (L15?) and 2[w] at 20, but I don't know if that will preserve an AML on items with improved dies, or if the bonus die will get wiped on disjunction.

My gut instinct tells me that the base die stays inherent to the item - being determined by the total enhancement bonus when its created, not dynamically recalculated whenever its changed - and thus persists through disjunction, and so you should be able to craft a Metalline of Pure Good weapon on a 2[w] AML20 blank...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    IMO when they made smiters/disruptors/banishers etc. do the extra damage (4d6?) they pretty much did away with any need to worry about metaline, because even a M of PG that hits for full damage is going to be less DPS than a bane weapon that hits for 4d6 bane and yellow base damage.
    You really think that 4d6 bane damage is better than bypassing DR 35 of Elite Harry?
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

My theory of DR breakers: Random crafted until 12, Min II greataxe (for big numbers!) until 23, then 2x Celestia.
    Simplicity ftw.
    *Edit*
    By "random crafted" I mean crafting something logical.
    Eg: Holy+silver wraps of undead bane... Or something.
    Last edited by Soulfurnace; 08-15-2013 at 02:05 AM.

You can craft them yourself I think. On Khyber I could craft them for you.

Epic Antique Greataxe is a good all-around weapon and DR breaker too. It's metalline and good-aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Epic Antique Greataxe is a good all-around weapon and DR breaker too. It's metalline and good-aligned.
    The old ones are - the new ones are metal line - you need to slot good.

All of the suggestions and work arounds are good - but my original question still remains - Is it by design or an oversight - gap that this type of weapon isn't in the higher end loot tables ?