Hybrid View

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Default Min Lv 20+ Metaline of pure good / greater good weapons? Are they in the game?

Hay peps-

I have been looking for min lv 20+ DR breakers -

I have not need any min lv 20+ drop - in AH - any where....

Has anyone seen them and I am unlucky?

Is the lack of these items WAI or a bug?

Thanks!
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Hay peps-

I have been looking for min lv 20+ DR breakers -

I have not need any min lv 20+ drop - in AH - any where....

Has anyone seen them and I am unlucky?

Is the lack of these items WAI or a bug?

Thanks!
    Metalline I believe is +3, and PG is +2. So a +5 metalline PG weapon would be min level 18, and therefor can't appear in the ML21+ tables. Even at +6 it would be ML 20, which isn't epic if I recall. This is probably why you haven't seen this particular combo. You'd be better off crafting with an AML 20 silver or cold iron weapon to make something like +5 holy burst of greater bane.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Celestia is your best bet for a high level generic DR breaker.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Celestia is your best bet for a high level generic DR breaker.
    Right, unless you aren't of the ML 24 it requires yet, in which case go crafted. I'm assuming anyone looking for metalline of PG doesn't have much epic gear also (ESoS, EAGA, etc).

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Right, unless you aren't of the ML 24 it requires yet, in which case go crafted. I'm assuming anyone looking for metalline of PG doesn't have much epic gear also (ESoS, EAGA, etc).
    It's actually only ML 23. For 20-22 I'd probably just keep using the same DR breakers I used for heroic levels unless I just happened to stumble onto something better.

Make the elemental great ax of fire in the challenges, and put a good alignment augment in the red slot. Its ML 20 and has the double base damage property, as well as metalline as a property.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Just my opinion but as someone who used to run though the game with a golf bag of weapons:

High crit profile and untyped damage (Heartseeker, ribcracker) a Smiter preferably with light/Holy and a Disruptor with ditto and you're good. Get Arti metal buffs in most raids, so generic holy PG in shroud with silver buff... IMO when they made smiters/disruptors/banishers etc. do the extra damage (4d6?) they pretty much did away with any need to worry about metaline, because even a M of PG that hits for full damage is going to be less DPS than a bane weapon that hits for 4d6 bane and yellow base damage. Maybe the content I run but banishers just aren't a necessity... nice in a few places that have lots of planers creatures or eles, that also don't make their saves (making it less useful in the places you'd really like).

I actually just capped my first melee toon that literally has only one weapon (Phosphor on a melee soul, doing CitW for Celestia, but phosphor is the mini Celestia until then). Only time it sucks is blunt resistant mobs, but I just use more spells. I have a smiter but keep forgetting to drag it to my hotbar, lazy and very little in the way of constructs after 20.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Metalline I believe is +3, and PG is +2. So a +5 metalline PG weapon would be min level 18, and therefor can't appear in the ML21+ tables. Even at +6 it would be ML 20, which isn't epic if I recall. This is probably why you haven't seen this particular combo. You'd be better off crafting with an AML 20 silver or cold iron weapon to make something like +5 holy burst of greater bane.
    I can see that making sense...

I still would have expected to see a few +6 Metalline of Greater Good or Good Burst, Greastest Good, etc...

Personally I have been find with crafting - I have a few options that are very nice ....

But I do have guildies that to do the crafting / are not high enough level. They should have random (or AH) options outside of raiding or crafting...
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Community Member

look at http://ddowiki.com/page/Composed_weapon_affixes
    of Crusader and of Rebel would be probably a good fit